hilarity.
  • BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Garlic is actually a good food for you. Natural antibiotic. Even insect repellent if you eat enough of it. The bad part? Your breath can be smelled at a distance.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Garlic is bad for you..................Totally disagree 110%
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Judoka? Or no Judoka?

Nope, Soryu Karate.

I'm not familiar... can you compare that to a different style? (E.g., throwing, hard style-striking, etc.)

Never mind, I think I answered my own question... is that a Korean flag patch on your arm?
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I can't decide if you are being serious or sarcastic...?

Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?

What does putting something in your eye have to do with whether or not you can eat something? I wouldn't put any food in my eye. It would all hurt. So I should just stop eating all together?

14877786.png
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I am prepared to accept diseases if the alternative is no garlic.

^This
  • grandmatimes9
    Options
    i eat a lot of things that if i put them in my eye would hurt
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    95 percent of americans are in danger of suffering a long agonizing death as a result of garlic. Get your facts straight guys there is research out there.

actually it's a proven natural antibiotic. In the Microbiology class I'm taking, we made a "lawn" on a agar plate of E. coli. We used several substances (ultra bleach, antimicrobial gel, sulfur eye drops, and fresh garlic) placed on the E.coli (to see if it would prevent growth). The ultra bleach and the garlic were EQUALLY effective in PREVENTING the growth of E. coli!
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm not familiar... can you compare that to a different style? (E.g., throwing, hard style-striking, etc.)

In it's rawest form it's street fighting. While we share common forms with other styles of Karate; and we focus in more on actual combat (we also incorporate kicks heavily). Knees, kicks, elbows, ridge hands, etc. It's not grappling, so our goal is to keep our opponents from actually grabbing us. Most of our moves are 3 to 4 move strikes (knee kick to outer elbow strike to solar plexus punch, etc).

The flag is a Japanese flag.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    LOLZ! Garlic is amazing! Actually it is a great cure for an ear infection. Saute some garlic in olive oil, and then drain the garlic bits out and stuff that oil in your ear, bam! Ear infection cured!!!
    I'd love to see the "info" out there that says garlic is bad. Maybe for your breathe?
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    My great grandma died when she was 98.. Ate garlic everyday.. I now know it was garlic that killed her and not old age..

Now to cook my chicken that has been marinading in garlic all day...
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I can't decide if you are being serious or sarcastic...?

Put a clove of garlic in your eye for 2 minutes and let me know how that feels. Would you consider eating that?

I would not put a glass of water up my nose, but I am pretty sure I would die if I did not drink it.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Good, we shall spar. No Grapping background? BJJ or catch wrestling?

Nope, no grappling background at all. In a MMA match, I would be screwed. But I would love to learn grappling techniques one day!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    For the gastro-senstive...it can make your farts stink :noway:
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options

In it's rawest form it's street fighting. While we share common forms with other styles of Karate; and we focus in more on actual combat (we also incorporate kicks heavily). Knees, kicks, elbows, ridge hands, etc. It's not grappling, so our goal is to keep our opponents from actually grabbing us. Most of our moves are 3 to 4 move strikes (knee kick to outer elbow strike to solar plexus punch, etc).

The flag is a Japanese flag.

kewl, consider cross training some day. The only form of Karate that I'm familiar with is Shotokan.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2ewiscg.jpg
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love garlic. I eat at least 4 cloves a day. This is crazy talk just like eggs are bad for you!!!!!
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In other news, Sheldon and Amy have engaged in sexual intercourse....

yes and she's carrying his baby!
    And they know it will be a girl - Garlique!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In other news, Sheldon and Amy have engaged in sexual intercourse....

Whoa... effin' SPOILER ALERT.