Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• Chelseapretorius
    Chelseapretorius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is about my 100000000000th attempt at loosing an extra 10kgs (22 pounds) and I am struggling so badly. As of now I have already lost that much weight but I feel the extra would be great too.
    At the moment I am 6ft and weight 66kgs (145 pounds).
    I currently go to the gym 3 times and week and I am trying to use a deficit (.25) on here but I feel im still not getting results.

Does my goal seem unrealistic???
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi . . I'm nearly 6 foot as well. I started at 250, now at 205, going towards 160-180. I won't know how far down to go until I get there. But all the different calculations put me in this range. My definite goal is 180. I will then drop from there until I feel comfortable . . and maybe I'll be comfortable at 180. Good luck with your journey!!! Its not necessarily about the scale, its about how you feel.
  • fyrefly816
    fyrefly816 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to put in my 2cents - I'm 6'1" and currently at 208 - with who knows for body fat. Happy to get down to 190 as long as I don't have to give up my strength training and increased PRs for lifts...
  • SeannaMae233
    Options
    Though I am only 5'10", I too have a confusion about the right weight I should be. In high school while playing two sports, I was at my most leanest state (around 165-170 lbs; wearing a size 9-12 in clothing). Now -- 4 years later -- I am a bit more heavier (190-200 lbs) but now I only fluctuate between size 12-14. Personally, I kinda like the way I look, but I do not like what the scale says.

When looking online, I found a site that was able to test whether someone's body was an Endomorphic, Mesomorphic, or Ectomorphic; and not much to my surprise, I am 87% Mesomorph...leading to the reason why I can lose weight easily, but the down-side is that I create muscle mass much more quickly than others.

It only takes me a couple of weeks to sculpt my body (or show results), but I am not happy with my scale results. What should I do??

Honestly, I want to say SCREW THAT SCALE!!
  • rachel865
    rachel865 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another tall girl checking in... 6' started at 280. Currently at 235 after 7 months (4 moderate, 3 steady) progress. 175-180 is my "Lost 100 lbs" goal (never put my highest in MFP, didn't want to admit it! Now I wish I had that extra 5 lbs of progress recorded. :tongue: )

I'm not sure how much I weighed when I felt really comfortable with my body but think it was in the 160-180 range so plan on getting there and seeing how things look & feel. I've always carried a lot of weight "up top" and have fairly large leg muscles so I may be happy in that range. Numbers aren't really that important to me as a final goal.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 6' and currently 290lbs (which puts me in about a size 20).

When I was a beast. Like in high school. Doing martial arts, and gym class, and biking everywhere, and generally fit, I was about 190lbs with a body fat of about 30%. So I'd like to get to there, and figure it out moving forward. I'd like to have lower body fat than that.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11", and weigh 194 right now. I have been really struggling though. 6 yrs ago I got to a weight of around 170-175, and felt so much better. At that time, I wanted to get to 165, which is where ultimately I want to be. But somehow, just can't seem to get out of the 190s! My starting weight was 214 LBS. Any suggestions to get the scale moving again!
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9"-5'10" and started out at 275lbs. I am currently at 245 and aiming for around 175. Number is just a number - when I reach wherever I "feel" comfortable is where I stop. That may be 185 or 165.. who knows. I would like an accurate as possible way of determining my body fat % as everywhere I've look give mes a completely different answer.
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I follow the height and weight guidelines posted by health experts, like mayoclinic for example. Look at the range. I also went to sights with BMI ranges and set my goal to be in the normal range as a starting point. Hope this helps. I think your goal sounds about right for your height, maybe a little high. Goals can be changed so it's not a big deal. I would aim to drop 20 lbs. and then reevaluate after that. Focusing on getting healthy would be my number one goal, not what the scale says. Everyone is so different and some people have little muscle tissue while others have a lot. Good luck!
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Two years a go (my profile pic) i lost 75lbs. Then I gave up. I was up to swimming a mile 3 times a week and walk/job 3 times a week. Stretching daily. Counting calories.

I am so disappointed in myself I gained it all back. I hit 315 and started again. I am down 12 lbs. and will continue to press on. I am 5'10". I was never over weight until my 30s. My weight than was 170 lbs and I looked thin. I think it depends on your muscle mass etc.

You should go with how you feel. I personally have a pair a pants i wore back then. My goal.

Good luck.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11", and weigh 194 right now. I have been really struggling though. 6 yrs ago I got to a weight of around 170-175, and felt so much better. At that time, I wanted to get to 165, which is where ultimately I want to be. But somehow, just can't seem to get out of the 190s! My starting weight was 214 LBS. Any suggestions to get the scale moving again!

@joan6630

I too am 5' 11". Used to be 6' but age ...
    I too was stalled at ~190. For two years. Lately I started losing again, and did it by shaking up my metabolism! Some days I eat a lot, then I will eat little for 2-3 days. I write it all down! Lol, I just shift the overages out into future days. Keeps the calorie police off my tail. My average is >1200, but lots of days I am eating a lot less than that. It keeps my body off-balance and yayyyy I am seeing slow progress again toward my goal weight of 164, which is the same as yours.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, use fat-percent to figure out what your goal should be. For women the healthy fat percent is 20-22%. Fat percent automatically adjusts for your bone mass or muscle mass, so it works regardless of your overall lean build or height.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Someone messaged me to ask how to measure fat percentage, short of water displacement in a pool (the gold standard, but expensive) Here's my reply, in case others have the same question:

Several scales offer fat percentage features, but you have to be sure to do the measurement at particular times (I'd have to look them up) relative to when you sleep or eat or exercise, because all those activities alter the distribution of water in your body and throw the measurement off.

Many gyms offer a fat measurement service either electronically like the scales, or by fat-calipers. Typical cost around $30.

You don't need an exact measurement, especially when you are still far from target.

For example I have a WiThings scale. When I measured fat % under appropriate conditions, it came out to about 41%, and I weigh about 212 or so. Doing a little math, I figured my lean body mass is around 120, so add 20% fat to that gives me a target weight around 150.

I'll go to the gym for a more accurate measurement when I get around 170 lbs. I figure my lean body mass will have changed by then and so my actual target will probably be closer to 145 (unless I lift weights aggressively).
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and have struggled with my weight since having children. Two years ago I lost 35lbs and was down to 185, which I felt fantastic about and looked good. I would have liked to take off ten more pounds but I was happy with myself. In high school I bounced around 145 -155 but I don't think that I will ever be able to maintain that weight again. I just had my third baby ten weeks ago and the weight did not come off. I gained 45lbs and am stuck with 25 of it. It is going to be a struggle to get off, but if I could get back down to 185 and maintain it, I could learn to be happy with my body.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is 149 lbs. If I am happy with my body at 150-160, I may consider staying in that range.

Tall ladies are always welcome to add me. Just say something like "Tall" in the message so I know why you're adding me =)

Since we're in success stories, I've already lost quite a bit. 66 lbs lost will make me 149 lbs. (since this is a long running thread.. see ticker below to see where I am with that currently).
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    This is about my 100000000000th attempt at loosing an extra 10kgs (22 pounds) and I am struggling so badly. As of now I have already lost that much weight but I feel the extra would be great too.
    At the moment I am 6ft and weight 66kgs (145 pounds).
    I currently go to the gym 3 times and week and I am trying to use a deficit (.25) on here but I feel im still not getting results.

Does my goal seem unrealistic???

You're 6 ft tall and 145 lbs and you want to lose 22 lbs? So.. you want to be 123 lbs? Yes, that is too low for your height. The lowest healthy BMI for your height is 136.5 pounds. Anything under that is under weight.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11(ish) and I'm shooting for a strong muscular 175(ish):drinker:
    I'm built like my large framed grandmother so I'll never be tiny, which is fine by me.

I got down to 169 at one point but I looked waaay too gaunt in the face. :ohwell:
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi tall ladies!!! No kidding about you all hiding in the woodwork. It's wonderful to see some fellow amazons stalking around. Woohoo!

I'm 5'11" myself.
    SW: (before MFP) 265
    CW: 216
    GW: 175-180 and fit. I want to keep my muscle mass and curves, just pull those curves in a bit tighter. I came to this # number after talking to a very close friend who is a dietitian and nurse. We both decided, based on my frame, current muscle mass, height, bone density and my more arbitrary desire to look "hawt" that this would be an appropriate weight for me. I highly suggest you talk to a health official about what would be best for you and also to personally evaluate how you feel**(this is more important) and look when you hit that goal weight.

Here's come comparison photos if that helps, OP. CW vs. SW.

24DFC288-1222-43E1-BA10-49A21050D7AB_zpszkl6fjaw.jpgFA8159FF-3F68-44EA-AE3E-8493105E2A00-3075-000004FE444784FA_zps9a052957.jpg
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yay tall people.

I'm 6'2". Starting weight 281lbs, currently 216lbs. Goal is between 175-185 depending on what I look like... never been that small in my life.
  • kdibacc
    kdibacc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'10.5" roughly 164lbs.
    I've been about 148-155 the last 6 years, but had a pretty stressful final school year and the pounds piled on.
    Looking to get back to 155 and feeling good.
    I exercise 5x a week, eat mostly clean (vegetarion, mainly plant based diet with the occasional unhealthy food). I'm still finding it a huge struggle though to get back to where I want to be.

Ideally I'd love to be 145 - we shall see.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!