Visualize This

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Many questioned about starting a new thread new week....we thought this thread would get way too long...so, let me know if you guys do want a new thread each week:

Question of the week:

Pick one thing about your body you notice changing and like.

Last night, I noticed that my calves are really tighter and much more lean....yeah, 1 week and I can see a difference

Pick one thing about dieting that you don't like.

I don't like my daily calorie intake going down when you update your new weight. Also, I am tired of washing lettuce and spinach.

Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Here is the list I started:

Kim 179
    Ian 242

Please copy and add you information as the day goes if you want to be in the chart...probably do weekly weight/losses and a total loss for the group

Kim
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hi - this is Tiff. My check-in weight is 221. I didn't really lose any last week but that's what I was expecting since it wasn't a great week food/exercise wise for me. At least I didn't gain any!! That is actually my weight from last night; I weight myself before bed, and I noticed there's a difference if I weigh myself in the mornings, so I'm trying to be consistent.

For the questions of the week:

One thing I like that I noticed is changing about me: I can last longer on the elliptical machines than I could before - I used to be tired and ready to be done after 20/25 min, but now I enjoy going longer. If I mix it up with weights I'll do 35 min, but if not I will do 45 min to an hour.

One think I don't like about 'dieting' (though I'm not really dieting - I'm changing my lifestyle!) is that, at least right now, it feels like I'm thinking about food ALL THE TIME. Whether it's planning my meals or figuring out what I need to buy at the store so I don't give in to cravings or counting calories to see if I can afford that evening glass of wine... I hope that one day I can do all of this without so much thought/effort - hopefully it will become 'routine'.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Here is the list I started:

Kim 179
    Ian 242

Please copy and add you information as the day goes if you want to be in the chart...probably do weekly weight/losses and a total loss for the group

Kim

Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221 (no gain/loss)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221 (no gain/loss)
    Shannon 155
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Question of the week:

When I did the 30 day shred I noticed that my arms, shoulder, and back were getting very toned. I loved it and look forward to continuing that when i get back into the shred in a couple weeks.

Doing the elliptical I am noticing my legs getting back to being toned where they used to be years ago. I didn't really even notice that I lost the definition in my thighs until I started getting it back - :heart:

I really don't like having to think about what I'm eating. I like eating what I want. Having to think about the total daily calories and eating a salad for dinner instead of something I really want kinda breaks my heart a little. Ah, well - it'll get me to where I wanna be.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221 (no gain/loss)
    Shannon 155
    Jessica 173.8 (2.8# gain)

I love that my "ghetto booty" is shrinking! I've noticed in the past week or two that even though I'm wearing a belt my pants get droopy in the rear. Also my thighs seem to be doing the same thing, and my chip munk cheeks are reveiling some cheek bones.

I LOVE FOOD. It's very hard to go from eating whatever I want and however much I want to a controlled amount and better choices. I come from a food loving family of big eaters so it's a huge change, but seein as my father is finally starting a diet after reaching over 300 (he's also 6'2") I figure it's better to nip it in the butt asap since he's adopted and we don't know of any family health history.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I like how my lower legs are starting to get a little toned and my calves are getting larger- Mainly from jogging!

Why haven't they made a Calorie-Free Fried Chicken dinner yet?! :laugh:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Why haven't they made a Calorie-Free Fried Chicken dinner yet?! :laugh:
    [/quote]

HAHA I'm with you!!! Among many other fried foods *drools* I miss 'em!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I know that we have some new people joining; so, here's a review of the weekly goals:

1) 3-4 cardio per week
    2) 2-3 strength per week
    3) 3 veggies, 2 fruit per day
    4) Weight in on Mondays
    5) Have someone review your log if you want
    6) Share a recipe that is easy to make and kid friendly

On Mondays, copy and paste and put a checkmark by each one you met for the week

Tiff, I get what you mean about always thinking about food...I think it's the learning process and it will become second nature at some point
  • LindaMee
    Options
    Hello! I am 47 with 4 kids: 22, 19, 16 and 5. We recently joined the local YMCA and I go at least 4 times a week. I do 25-30 mins on treadmill, walking from 4.3 to 5.7 (jog) at peak. I follow the warmup and cooldown features and sometimes use an incline of 1.0. When done that, I do the core machines (about 10 of them) for 2-3 reps of 12. It takes me about forty minutes. Then finally, I do sit-ups with a medicine ball. When I started a month ago, I couldn't do more than two situps, but now I am up to 36.

I also occasionally swim in a little pool with my five year old, who is learning to swim.

I eat (what I think) is well. I eat only whole grains or wheat. I use ardio-reccommended spreads and I eat one portion (usually). I use the whey powder for protein drinks in place of some meals and the only real substantial meal I eat per day is dinner. I workout extra if dinner is cal filled.

AND YET! I am not losing much, if at all. I lost two pounds, only to gain them back this morning. I have no idea! I have also increased my water intake. I sometimes forget to post that on my food list, but I do drink around 5-6 cups a day.

I am not giving up, but I don't feel great about any of this. It makes it hard to try so hard when there are no results for my efforts. Before all this I didn't do much exercize at all. Now that I am, all is the same! I have also tried it both ways...to eat the cals I burned to make up for the deficit and to forsake those burned cals. Neither way makes a difference, and actually, I gain weight when I try to eat the burned cals...so I wont do that.

I am currently 160 pounds looking to be 135. I am 5'8 and in decent health. I have only put on these pounds in the last two years otherwise, i maintained 135-138 my whole adult life. We have had our full share of stress the last three years, so maybe that is a contributing factor. UGH!

I am happy to be part of this group because maybe I can find the answer here. I have 25 pounds to lose and cant seem to lose even 5!

I have a recipe to share in another post for bran muffins, which my family loves...

Thanks for the group invite and for the support I know is coming my way!

Linda
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221 (no gain/loss)
    Shannon 155
    Becca 181 (2.5 pound loss)

I actually lost! I did I did! Woottttt. I just hope its not all that water weight crap and I see the scale keep going down. :D

One think I like about my body after this week?
    Well I think I wrote about it, but I could tell that my endurance was MUCH MUCH better. It was easier when I went walking with my friend and her son.

One thing I hate about dieting?
    Everything. I hate going to the fair and everyone getting chinese or fried dough, or soda--- and just knowing I can't have ittttt. *whines* I miss CERTAIN things. Like chipotle. I love that place. Or worrying about what I am eating out. So in a more concise answer--- I hate that I have to think about what I am putting into me all the time, even if I like the stuff I am. Mostly because it seems like no one else has to think about it.
  • LindaMee
    Options
    One thing I like about my body this week is that I have more endurance on the things I try.

One thing I hate about dieting is I don't seem to lose weight no matter how many cals and sugar products I refrain from.

I posted a couple of posts ago about my story. If anyone has advice, I need it.

Thanks!
  • ianconway
    Options
    Way To Go, Visualize This!!!

So far we are doing great! And remember, your body's weight will fluctuate, so if you didn't lose any or not as much as you had hoped for this week, just keep on working! Next weekend, you'll blow us all away!

Stay focused on your goals, both short and long term. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. I know we all can do it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Linda...welcome to the group...if you want I am sure someone can review your food log...

Right now, I am struggling with dinner tonight...another birthday at a Mexican restaurant...I think I will just have a cup of chicken soup...it's good and I think I can copy it at home...here's what the put in it

Sopa de Pollo 4.29
    La Familia chicken soup, made fresh to order with pulled
    chicken breast, our homemade broth, chopped onions,
    tomatoes, avocado and rice

So, it has has the chicken, chicken broth, tomatoes and mexican rice mixed in....layered on top is the chopped onions and avocado...it's quite delicious, I plan to try and copy this at home...especially nice cause we are having a snowstorm in MN and it's cold out.....UGH....it's only October

The problem is the 32 oz Dos Equis beer special for $4.00...I think I am just going to the gym and burn it off....Ian, I like the way you said that you plan for these events and vamp up the exercise a few days before...that was good advice...problem is, 3 birthdays this week...I'll just have to roll with it

Good luck all...I am going to face the Comcast-on-Demand evil exercise people...why are they so cheerful...they must know we're not really having fun...I did Jillian Michaels Shred 1 yesterday; at least, she was real...glad I'm not on her show....shiver

Kim

• ianconway
    Options
    One thing I like about my body this week is that I have more endurance on the things I try.

One thing I hate about dieting is I don't seem to lose weight no matter how many cals and sugar products I refrain from.

I posted a couple of posts ago about my story. If anyone has advice, I need it.

Thanks!

Linda,

What's your Sodium like?

Also, I glanced over at your Food and Exercise diaries and I noticed that you are burning on average over 1,000 calories per day! Way to go on that!

I'm wondering if your body has become used to the amount of calories you take in versus how many your burn, I.E. your metabolism has gone cold... That sometimes happens when people eat just enough(about 800 calories per day) and then exercises their butts off.

I also noticed that your protein intake is sometimes high. Are you trying to tone? If that is the case, you may be building muscle with the high protein intake which will *sometimes* counterbalance the weight loss(scale not moving).

I would keep track of your body's measurements and see if you are losing any inches there instead of not losing on the scale.

Just don't give up! Stay focused and we'll get there!

-Ian
  • LindaMee
    Options
    Kim...thanks for the welcome. You are welcome to see my food log. I think I made it public.

I do exercise tV on demand as well I love the 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. i do that about 4 times per week. It is not too heavy and still burns cals!

I have Time Warner but i think the free exercise programs are the same.

Check it out if you have time. She also has a two and one mile walk.

Let me know ehat you think I my food log if you get the chance.
    Linda
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221 (no gain/loss)
    Shannon 155
    Becca 181 (2.5 pound loss)

One thing I hate about dieting?
    Everything. I hate going to the fair and everyone getting chinese or fried dough, or soda--- and just knowing I can't have ittttt. *whines* I miss CERTAIN things. Like chipotle. I love that place. Or worrying about what I am eating out. So in a more concise answer--- I hate that I have to think about what I am putting into me all the time, even if I like the stuff I am. Mostly because it seems like no one else has to think about it.

Like to say great job on the weight loss...I went to the MN State Fair this year...there is crap everywhere...we would buy stuff and share with each other...I think you said you only had an apple and slice of pizza...that's incredible (no fried twinkles, fried bacon dipped in chocolate, fried snickers)

Keep it up.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Did anyone else see this thread?

http://www.prevention.com/7foodsthatshouldnever/index.shtml

My kids eat microwave popcorn nearly everyday...looking on craigslist for an air popper

Technology and food companies are evil....so are the Comcast exercise people...LOL

Kim
  • LindaMee
    Options
    Ian: Thanks for looking at my log and commenting. I have cut my sodium way back. I used to love salt, now not so much. I use it sparingly.

My protein intake is high due to the whey protein shakes. I usually replace two meals with them or at least one per day. Today I will have one as I had a low cal egg sand for breakfast instead. For dinner, I have turkey or chicken products. We rarely eat red meat any more.

I do exercise a lot now, which feels good to see my endurance increase. Before this past month, I hardly ever exercised. I am eating better and less, and exercising and yet no loss. I am still the same 160 pounds as the month before. I just don't get it.

I have taken my measurments and the only place I think I lost was in my waist. I think I lost half an inch, but I am not certain as I could have measured differently.

Why oh why am I not losing even a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so discouraged. I am not stopping, tho, because I like the endurance increase and overall healthier me. I just do not like the absent weight loss.

When I try to eat the cals I burn, I gain one or two pounds, so I am not doing that. I'd rather stay at 160 than gain more..

Thanks for the help.
    Linda