Visualize This

Options

Replies

• njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okay I am in on the challenge. I feel like I move foward 4 steps then back 6 and can't seem to stay on focus of the goal. I eat good all day long them bam I am eating bad at night after a healthy dinner. I think mine problem is I don't plan for failure and have that back up plan on what to do when I am suddenly feeling like I don't care what I eat and then I start cleaning out the cupboards.
    I have lost 85-95 lbs after each baby but now I don't know why I want to be bad and not care only at night. I work out bought a racing bike (6-7 miles per day) swim 500 yds, and lift 3 days a week, leg extensions 60 lbs (15 reps) and bench 65 lbs 15 reps (3 sets), I also use the trampoline about 20 min then get on the exocise bed (100 sit-ups)....

SW: 165 lbs.
    TW: 162 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...

Just wanted to let everyone know that after my binge drinking, I did go exercise....I did the more is less workout on Comcast...

So, I thinking, I like a good value...knock it all out at once...well, I almost had a heart attack and died...even the lady doing the exercises was a sweaty beast at the end...beware

LOL....ALL, HAVE A GREAT....OFF TO WORK.....UGH

Kim
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...

Just wanted to let everyone know that after my binge drinking, I did go exercise....I did the more is less workout on Comcast...

So, I thinking, I like a good value...knock it all out at once...well, I almost had a heart attack and died...even the lady doing the exercises was a sweaty beast at the end...beware

LOL....ALL, HAVE A GREAT....OFF TO WORK.....UGH

Kim

Way to go, Kim!!! It's good to get sweaty! That means you're working it!
  • ianconway
    Options
    I just had the most amazing lunch!

My wife is out of town and is getting back tonight, so I've been experimenting with food recipes, etc. I just had my lunch an it was to die for! Here goes:

1/2 Cup of Instant Rice - 160 Calories
    3 oz. Medium Shrimp (about 12) - 110 Calories
    1 Half of Green Zucchini - 40 Calories
    2 Tablespoons of Promise Butter Spread - 10 Calories
    Olive Oil Cooking Spray - <5 Calories

Quarter the zucchini and then dice up. Put butter into a sauce pan place on medium heat. Throw in diced up zucchini and add a little garlic powder or garlic salt and cover. In another sauce pan, start your instant rice per instructions on package. In a skillet, heat to medium heat. Peel shrimp and clean in cold water. Lightly mist skillet with cooking spray. Throw in shrimp and season. Shrimp will not take a long time to cook, so keep them moving in the pan.

When the zucchini are tender, mix with the done rice. Once the shrimp are done, mix with the rice and zucchini and fold to get an even mixture.

Serve and EAT!

Yields 1 Serving and is about 320 calories.

Just had it and man, oh man is it good!

-Ian
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What do you all do for tracking time spent walking around a city?! Would you count that as exercise especially if you don't stop?

Also what about if a friend wants to eat out? at a restaurant not fast food. How do you handle that?
  • ianconway
    Options
    What do you all do for tracking time spent walking around a city?! Would you count that as exercise especially if you don't stop?

Also what about if a friend wants to eat out? at a restaurant not fast food. How do you handle that?

Go for a non-Caesar salad and get the dressing on the side. Look for a grilled chicken or even a Blackened Ahi-Tuna steak salad. Usually the house balsamic dressing is the lowest in calories, but I would even ask what type of dressings they offer. Reduced fat dressings are lower in calories than regular dressing usually.

Or, if you want an entree', a good rule of thumb is to get a to-go box as soon as you get your food and put half of it away. That way, you won't eat the whole thing in one sitting.

-Ian
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

I would put walking in and you get a couple choices of speed, you can figure your speed out if you timed it. I try as much as possible when eating out to first go online and try to find some nutritional facts of some entrees so I know what my best choices would be. If I can't find them (like Maggiano's) I just try and get something I know is more healthy like a salad or only eat half and take the other half home. I always try to stay away from high carbs like pasta, but I simply can't. So I've given up and just eat smaller portions.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I was reading an article that says that based on your bmr if you exercise a certain amount you need to multiply your bmr by 1.25-1.75 and that's the amount of cals you need to eat to keep your weight or something. I do not understand all this calorie stuff. So many different ideas and misunderstood things. I hope I am doing this right. How are the rest of you faring on the weekend? Hardest part of the week for me. Anyone else?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    It is deffinitly the hardest for me as well... particularly Sunday's... so my challenge will be tomorow but I'm feeling pretty good about it. But I have my whole meal planned out for tomorrow and we're hopefully, weather permitting, taking our daughter to the pumpkin patch tomorrow and I'll hopefully go on the eliptical, however i have a stupid meeting for work at 8 pm STUPID! And I'm sure they'll have some sort of crappy sweet thing there waiting for us. I also have a book that gives you a calculation of your intake by your body weight/body frame for losing, maintaining and gaining. I had to read it a couple times to understand it and I'd have to read it again to tell you more, perhaps tomorrow!
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Becca- great job on your walk. I'm tellin ya the more you get out there and do it, the better you'll feel. As far as going out to eat, I have to say and not sure you all agree with this. I dont completely eliminate what I like. I do stay away from fried food ofcourse. But I just eat smaller portions. And I always try to never eat a whole lot for dinner. I read the other day at the rec center where I live, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card." lol. As far as a dressing for my salad, I'm a sucker for ranch. But I will substitute it for a vinnigarette like Ian was saying.
    Ian- Your Wii program sounds like a lot of fun. I have a Wii but havent used it in a while. I should. Thanks for all the great advice and recipes you've shared so far.
    Kim- We all have days where we splurge and eat crap haha, but dont worry your little heart. There's always tommorrow, a new day:)

Everyone else- Hope you all are doing fabulous!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Okay I am in on the challenge. I feel like I move foward 4 steps then back 6 and can't seem to stay on focus of the goal. I eat good all day long them bam I am eating bad at night after a healthy dinner. I think mine problem is I don't plan for failure and have that back up plan on what to do when I am suddenly feeling like I don't care what I eat and then I start cleaning out the cupboards.
    I have lost 85-95 lbs after each baby but now I don't know why I want to be bad and not care only at night. I work out bought a racing bike (6-7 miles per day) swim 500 yds, and lift 3 days a week, leg extensions 60 lbs (15 reps) and bench 65 lbs 15 reps (3 sets), I also use the trampoline about 20 min then get on the exocise bed (100 sit-ups)....

SW: 165 lbs.
    TW: 162 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs.

Welcome to the group! What's your name? And tell us a bit about yourself:)
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    The important things is to just get back on track and not to let one day defeat you. We did not become overweight in one day. Just try to have more good days than bad ones and you'll be fine.

I was thinking all morning about having a scone at a bakery near my house. Just looked up the calories and it was 450 for one! I had an English muffin with smart balance spread instead and I'm glad I checked.

Amy

It's quite shocking how many calories can be in something so small huh? lol
  • ianconway
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    It's getting close to our first check-in! One more day to go! Let's keep up the good work and stay positive! Also, our group is very active compared to some on MFP and I think that's great!

Way to go, guys!!!

-Ian
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

I would definitely count that as exercise. I winterized my garden yesterday - which entailed carrying in all the outdoor furniture and putting the up on shelves. I also pruned my trees and took out all my annuals. a little more than an hour worth of work but logged it as an hour.
    You may want to invest in a HRM. I wear it when I know I'll be doing some kind of activity and want to get a good idea of calories burned, and your actual physical output.

As for eating out at a fast food restaurant... you have to try to make the right choices. What I'm shocked about is not necessarily the FAT content... but the SODIUM content!! Some *smart* choices may contain your whole days worth of sodium allowance in ONE serving!!!:sick:

So I didn't do so well last night with cutting back on the wine. Again, by the end of the night I realized I drank the whole durned bottle!!:noway: :grumble: I'm so frustrated with myself.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    mojogurl, do you know approximately how much those hmr's are? I stand at work all day and often walk the entire length of the building mutiples of times, also lifting 40# plus bags of items. I know I'm burning a good amount of calories but don't count it, I've been hearing about the body putting itself in starvation mode and I DO NOT want that happening. Also, don't worry about the wine, it sounds like you kept yourself busy and moving quite well in the garden, if anything, you earned it. Just work a little harder today. I love wine, and I do the same thing, what I started doing is, pouring my glass and then corking it and putting it out of site, or even eatingsome cheese, grapes crackers that sort of thing so I get full and don't even have room for anoter glass!

ps I'm totally nervous/excited about tomorrows weigh ins!

pss are we having a specific day to share recipes?!
  • nisijam5
    Options

So I didn't do so well last night with cutting back on the wine. Again, by the end of the night I realized I drank the whole durned bottle!!:noway: :grumble: I'm so frustrated with myself.

Weekends are hard and a bottle of wine is easy to down....look at me and my Octoberfest Sam Adams...

Today is my son's birthday and he get to pick his dinner place...thank God it's not Chucky Cheese...I don't even think the salad bar is healthy there...also, I drink beer there to kill the pain....LOL...Instead, he picked walleye at Tavern on Grand in St. Paul, MN...excellent walleye if your ever in the neighborhood...so no booze for me today...also, going to squeeze in a workout

Tomorrow is the official weigh-in:

Do you guys want a list of who does what and lose as a team? It can just be optional for those who want to participate. Or, Just report individually

I am flexible either way.

If you want to do a list of who does what...send me an email with your name and weight and I will compose one...whoever logs on first tomorrow should start a new thread

Good Luck

Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options
    mojogurl, do you know approximately how much those hmr's are? I stand at work all day and often walk the entire length of the building mutiples of times, also lifting 40# plus bags of items. I know I'm burning a good amount of calories but don't count it, I've been hearing about the body putting itself in starvation mode and I DO NOT want that happening.

I thought that lifestyle habits (such as work) were worked in our calorie allowance when you do your profile. That's why I don't count work as exercise, it's part of my basal rate
  • nisijam5
    Options
    mojogurl, do you know approximately how much those hmr's are? I stand at work all day and often walk the entire length of the building mutiples of times, also lifting 40# plus bags of items. I know I'm burning a good amount of calories but don't count it, I've been hearing about the body putting itself in starvation mode and I DO NOT want that happening.

I thought that lifestyle habits (such as work) were worked in our calorie allowance when you do your profile. That's why I don't count work as exercise, it's part of my basal rate
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, is this group still open to new members? I'd love to join - I like the goals you've posted and it seems like a pretty active group. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    No problem...introduce yourself and send in your weight tomorrow

Kim