what do you drink when you go out

Options
So, I was wondering what you guys drink when you go out with friend at night. last night my friend was treating me for help, I did not know what to order. very rarely I have some alcohol drink, sometimes I just order coke or similar.. But last night it took me a while to decide..

What do you order?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Usually a small beer or wine (which ever one I feel like) and I alternate with plain (i.e. unflavoured) soda water. Soda water is a great option when you are out - you have a glass with ice, lemon and a straw so people don't know if you are drinking alcohol or not and you might be less likely to get harassed about drinking (if that is an issue for you)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    diet coke and high proof alcohol.
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    haha.. very good idea.. never though of that... :) thanks...
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    So, I was wondering what you guys drink when you go out with friend at night. last night my friend was treating me for help, I did not know what to order. very rarely I have some alcohol drink, sometimes I just order coke or similar.. But last night it took me a while to decide..

What do you order?

Socially I order water or unsweetened iced tea. I'm responsible for what goes in my body and I don't want to throw off my calories, blood sugar or weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi first. Diet Coke second.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Usually just a glass of red wine or sangria, then water, water, water. I like the idea of soda water but I don't like the taste as much as plain water. You can always ask for lime or lemon to add some flavor.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I usually mix it up between jack daniels and diet coke and pints of lager. I am a lager drinker at home so I like to get jack daniels sometimes when I get to go out.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Im usually miffed I'm out late at night - anything past 10 really irritates me...so I'll make my SO order me Shirly Temples because it's just my passive aggressiveness at it's best. Yep, walk up to the bar and get me unlimited Shirly Temples upon my request because you made me go out with you. with the cherries, don't forget the cherries.

:D
  • bmtedder
    bmtedder Posts: 11
    Options
    It depends on what I'm in the mood for, but usually I drink Guiness, and only one or two since beer can pack up the calories. But I read in Eat This, Not That! that Guiness was the best beer to drink. Not a lot of people like it, but ever since I tried it on tap, it's always my preference!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and rum or tequilla. Or a glass of dry white wine. When I have used my alcohol calorie quota, it's sparkling water with lemon and a stirrer. No one needs to know it's not alcoholic
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Rum & coke
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Usually just water. But if it's a special occasion, I don't hold back!
  • loz4082
    loz4082 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    small glass of dry white wine but have discovered becks blue which is quite nice (i think anyway!) and much better for the waist line. Most people don't realise I'm not drinking either so no hassle about having a drink!
  • Alyssabh88
    Alyssabh88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    diet coke and vanilla vodka is great! also, citron vodka and iced tea is very refreshing!
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    gin and diet tonic.
  • Alyssabh88
    Alyssabh88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    another favorite of mine! i love hendricks gin
  • roybot86
    roybot86 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm trying hard to resist wine as that is my favourite tipple. I find that deciding before hand what I'm going to drink and how much, then sticking rigidly to my decision is the only way I can stop myself from becoming tempted into something else! Diet Coke is generally my safe option.
  • Flass
    Flass Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i go gin and tonic...diet tonic water if i make it myself!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    a cheeky vimto.....vodka, diet lemonade and splash of blackcurrant...or vodka and cranberry
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!! I'm not very good at moderation when I'm out.... :blushing:

I usually start with good intentions and have gin slimline tonic or vodka diet coke saying I'll only have a couple then I'll go onto just slimline tonic or diet coke but after a few I'll generall start on tequilla and jager and it's all downhill form there.....