Starting Couch to 5K (C25K) July 25th

Options

Replies

• KristinWill1023
    KristinWill1023 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!! Add me please for motivation. I have started it a few times and never finished.
  • cherrykerry24
    Options
    I'll do it with you too!! I'll start today!!!
  • goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    I love C25K.. excellent program. I have 2 more weeks before I graduate and sign up for my second 5k RUN. Keep going even when You don't feel like it--- it's well worth the journey.
  • JamieRena2012
    JamieRena2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    DAY 2 HERE WE GO!!!! I think i'm pumped lol...
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 day 2 :smile:
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You all can do it! I graduated in August 2010 after never running before in my life! I just ran 10k the other day for the first time. I know you can all do it and you'll feel incredible when you're done!
    Good luck & congrats!
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    joining in and starting tomorrow.

I've done it before and ran two 5Ks right after completing it. Looking forward to getting back on a running programme.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a couch to 1k, or maybe even a 2k....for us beginners.:grumble:
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 of week 2. I have the app on my Ipod and that is what has kept me going!! Good luck! :happy:
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm doing it as well. I've had to repeat a few days. I've made it to week 3, and this is where I've spent the bulk of my time thus far :)
    Caro
  • emptty1
    emptty1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Starting this up this week! Loaded it onto my phone a couple days ago and wanting to try it out.
  • Maryirene16
    Options
    Did week 1 day 1 tonight. It was a little easier then I expected but I hate running. I am hoping to change that aoon.
    If I stick with it then it will be a great birthday present for me.
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. I started earlier this year but stopped because I went on holiday for a month. Now I want to start again and finish it. I find that once I get to about week 3 I need to do each week twice before I can move on so takes me twice as long as everyone else! I'm keen for support buddies along the way.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just came back in from Day 3 Week 1 of the Couch to 5K program with my wife. It was much easier today and I was less winded. I'm learning how to breath while jogging and pace my self better. Today i did Day 28 of the 30 day shred and Day 3 of Couch to 5k so I burned 992 calories doing 78 minutes of cardio exercises, including jogging and strength training :) Lets Go #teamfitandsexy
  • bossladyday
    Options
    If you are looking for alot of exercise videos and don't want to pay for them... check out this website. They have alot of the popular videos so you can watch them and see if you want to purchase the dvd or not :)http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GIOoRUgZPYk/
  • JamieRena2012
    JamieRena2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well today was supposed to be my wk 1 day 3 workout but instead i just walked the treadmill and did the elliptical. I will either do it tomorrow morning or when I get off from work.....but good thing is, I did work out :-)
  • isaac1855
    isaac1855 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 / Day 2 - Love the app! It only has 3 runs per week and I've been running 4-5 times a week, so I repeat Week 1 / Day 1 a few times a week. I figure the extra running can't hurt. I can't wait to tell everyone I lost weight because of my iPhone!
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started last night after thinking about it for weeks. I was scared to do it but happy with myself when I was done. I downloaded the RunDouble app to my phone and loved it. Will be running again tomorrow night. Good luck everybody!!!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday...and it went really well. I was able to keep up and I wasn't out of breath. Today will be day 2, for me....Week 1.
  • bossladyday
    Options
    Remember you need a rest day in between each run day to rest ;) Don't do the program back to back!

Each session should take about 20 or 30 minutes, three times a week. That just happens to be the same amount of moderate exercise recommended by numerous studies for optimum fitness. This program will get you fit. (Runners who do more than this amount are doing it for more than fitness, and before long you might find yourself doing the same as well).

Be sure to space out these three days throughout the week to give yourself a chance to rest and recover between efforts. And don't worry about how fast you're going. Running faster can wait until your bones are stronger and your body is fitter. For now focus on gradually increasing the time or distance you run.

Run for time, or run for distance

There are two ways to follow this program, to measure your runs by time or by distance. Either one works just as well, choose the option that seems easiest for you to keep track of. If you go with the distance option, and you are not using a track to measure the distances, just estimate. It's not important to have the distances absolutely exact.

Before setting out, make sure to precede each session with a five-minute warmup walk or jog. Be sure to stretch both before and after.