Rude lady in the gym..

Options

Replies

• LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    This was too funny and I can't believe people took it seriously. :laugh:

^^ Look. A smart one finally came along.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    the only thing funnier then the OP is the people who actually think this is serious.... :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    no my dear,YOU are clueless...women lift weights too...doesn't mean their gonna look like the Hulk..LOL..seriously..u just made yourself sound like a complete airhead & quit defending everyones reply,ur making it worse for yourself,just stop already..geeze..ugh..get some gym & exercise knowledge before making a post like this..HAHA..and u called ME clueless..:laugh:
    ummm....she's calling you clueless because when this thread was new, about 3 pages in she admitted it was a joke, and her profile pic was of her muscled arm. Its the 'chit-chat, fun & games" section of the forums, and the whole thing is a joke... This is what happens when people read the first post, then jump to reply without at least skimming through....

Shhhh! Stop giving away fishes for free...let them figure out how to fish for themselves.

Wait...that saying isn't exactly relevant...

What I'm trying to say is, don't give away the big reveal so early...this had at least a half dozen more back-and-forths of awesomeness in it.

*sigh*

Well, trolling is a form of fishing.
    awww man...sorry! Sometimes I just feel SO bad for the clueless ::hangs head in shame::
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i read the first 2 pages & couldn't handle it anymore,i really thought this chick was for real..but i stand corrected and OP you have my apologies & nice job at your joke..u obviously had me going...:blushing:
  • bohzedoh
    bohzedoh Posts: 3
    Options

Ok, I don't want to get into the fight, honestly I'm like Switzerland over here, but I do have a serious question Sunshine. I'm sure it was a joke, but then why was your reply so defensive? I mean right from your first reply "well apparently you don't if...". If I had been joking, I would have simply said something like "it was all a joke, if you have time read back a few pages", I certainly wouldn't get defensive, especially to someone who is actually defending you and your workout style (if that's the case, as you say). Just kind of makes me think there may be more going on here than meets the eye. And I truly think the "cuz" was sarcasm. Now, I'm an english major and rhetoric is kind of my thing, so maybe I'm reading more into that, but this is my take. Again, not looking for a fight, just curious!

odd first comment

You are clearly reading wayyy too much into it but thats ok. I appreciate you.

Well now I'm just confused.
    I was only questioning the possible use of sarcasm, I'm still really wondering about the defensiveness. That's all.
    I think one of the other guys was right, maybe time for this one to end. Mega bad karma brewing here.......
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Ok, I don't want to get into the fight, honestly I'm like Switzerland over here, but I do have a serious question Sunshine. I'm sure it was a joke, but then why was your reply so defensive? I mean right from your first reply "well apparently you don't if...". If I had been joking, I would have simply said something like "it was all a joke, if you have time read back a few pages", I certainly wouldn't get defensive, especially to someone who is actually defending you and your workout style (if that's the case, as you say). Just kind of makes me think there may be more going on here than meets the eye. And I truly think the "cuz" was sarcasm. Now, I'm an english major and rhetoric is kind of my thing, so maybe I'm reading more into that, but this is my take. Again, not looking for a fight, just curious!

odd first comment

I was only questioning the possible use of sarcasm, I'm still really wondering about the defensiveness. That's all.
    I think one of the other guys was right, maybe time for this one to end. Mega bad karma brewing here.......

Not yet....one....more.....page.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Bump. Just to keep it going for a nice Friday read.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

odd first comment

Not yet....one....more.....page.

keep it going
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

yes I agree
  • bohzedoh
    bohzedoh Posts: 3
    Options
    i read the first 2 pages & couldn't handle it anymore,i really thought this chick was for real..but i stand corrected and OP you have my apologies & nice job at your joke..u obviously had me going...:blushing:

I don't think you need to apologize, who seriously reads 17 pages of thread? If people are going to post jokes then they need to be prepared for whatever response they illicit. The way they handle those responses reflect their character. AND, I'm always amazed at how the gang mentality kicks in too, people jumping on board and calling you clueless. I just don't understand that....
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    if you lift weights, then how do you talk on the phone and drink your half caf mochachino while fixing your hair? I mean, come on, where are the priorities in life?
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I don't think you need to apologize, who seriously reads 17 pages of thread? If people are going to post jokes then they need to be prepared for whatever response they illicit. The way they handle those responses reflect their character. AND, I'm always amazed at how the gang mentality kicks in too, people jumping on board and calling you clueless. I just don't understand that....

yea i agree,i obviously wasn't being clueless about my "knowledge" ...clueless about the "joke" yes. *shrug*
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN3g0UlUHF121oSgFVW4U4zA8I-vxlyf4DiEM4F5I_qZxr2oeWHflcd4c

Joined in July...3 posts...all on THIS topic....
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OP's a troll. Don't encourage this.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

Thank you! But, you played along nicely! I appreciate you!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

I lurve you.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

One person's troll is another person's comedian.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

yea i agree,i obviously wasn't being clueless about my "knowledge" ...clueless about the "joke" yes. *shrug*

It is actually very nice to to see females get so definsive about lifting. The thread was created to mock people who think that lifting isn't for females. I got ganged up on just like I hoped but I also egged them on. I was bored :: Shrugs::
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

I lurve you.

I lurve you for not lifting, wearing makeup, and calling rude people out in the gym. Someone had to do it.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

You say that like it is a bad thing?