When I think about giving up on my diet, (fill in the rest)

Options

Replies

• joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think about my Dad that died 30 years ago today at a young 42 years old. He was not overweight, nor sick! He had sleep apnea, and didn't know it. It was relatively new 30 years ago, and then I think about my Mom who has been diabetic since I was in 4th grade, and has been on kidney dyalisis for the past 5 years! I am only 43, but I want to be around a lot more years, but not just around, but healthy and enjoying life!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think about my Dad that died 30 years ago today at a young 42 years old. He was not overweight, nor sick! He had sleep apnea, and didn't know it. It was relatively new 30 years ago, and then I think about my Mom who has been diabetic since I was in 4th grade, and has been on kidney dyalisis for the past 5 years! I am only 43, but I want to be around a lot more years, but not just around, but healthy and enjoying life!!

Big congrats on 80 pounds!! Incredible!!
  • melbrown22
    melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think of all the people who are convinced I will blow it......:noway:

You said it!!! There are so many negative people out there just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Someone even wished me good luck and warned me that by the third month, I'd fall off (like she did). Funny thing is, it's been 6 months and although it hasn't been easy or perfect, the transformation is mine and it's working!!! :wink:
  • melbrown22
    melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I remember my husband introducing me as his new wife :)

LOVE!!! :heart: :heart:

OHHH...so good!!! :heart:
  • givettem
    givettem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think of how badass I would look in a bikini again :happy:
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think, "What diet?" This is my new life, and I want to keep this new body that goes along with it!
    Oh, and I think about how much I love my new clothes, and how I don't have any of the old "diet" clothes anymore.
    :happy:
  • Sappy320
    Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think about having nice abs in a bikini and looking good for my special someone :)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I remember that what I'm doing is working and in six months, it's still going to be six months from now so I could be six months closer to my goal or not...
  • purpleacacia18
    purpleacacia18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror and remember how much bigger I use to be and how far I've come.Then, I tell myself that this struggle will only make me stronger.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I remember how close I am to my goal :flowerforyou:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I remember the list of complications that overweight women can have during pregnancy and labor/delivery.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I don't want all the work to be for nothing! haven't really reached a point where i want to give up tho
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    I remember I'm doing this for myself, but I also want it to be a big SCREW YOU to all the people who never gave me a chance because I was FAT.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I remember how depressed I am at my weight and how much I want to be happier, healthier, and a better role model for my kids.
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    I look at my before pictures..... Always helps me!!
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    I think of my kids and grand kids and how I want to make sure that I do my part by taking care of my body, to be around for them. To run and play with them and be healthy enough to enjoy them.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ...I remember, "oh yeah, I'm not actually on a restrictive diet but just enjoying a healthy lifestyle that includes the foods I most want to eat anyhow."
  • chanty1234
    chanty1234 Posts: 56
    Options
    I remember how hard I had to work to loose 1pnd, :sad: :sad: :yawn: :mad: :cry:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I remember how hard I had to work to loose 1pnd, :sad: :sad: :yawn: :mad: :cry:

And how easy it is to gain that one pound back!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Brain: Just have that one pain au chocolat, it wont be that bad.
    Me: *Grabs belly fat and jiggles it*.
    Brain: lol ok, you win. No pain au chocolat for you fatty.