Called fat by a stranger.

Options

Replies

• livindaiyzs
    Options
    Well that is just too bad, I would have turned around and asked him if he kisses his momma with that mouth, then tell him you should be ashamed I bet your mommas breath smells just like *kitten* considering what just came out of your mouth...And then just kept walking...Well, you keep up the good work, there's one thing in fact, you at least have a goal, he doesn't even have a clue..
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate when ppl do that...Ive had my sister in law call me fat and other things that commented on my body...what a *****
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Chin up buttercup. I know it's easier said than done to just let things slide and yes a lot of kids these days aren't raised properly but focus that anger you felt on your work out :smile: You're beautiful and doing something to better your life and that kid has a rude awakening coming at some point in his future.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sorry it happened. There are 8 billion people in the world. Don't let 1 ruin your day. :flowerforyou: We're here. We care.
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    That sucks, I'm sorry. A lot of people on here got it right. It's the parents, not the child.

I have two kids, my eldest just starting to get to the age, 7, where she realizes people are different from her. She seems to be very color blind which is not the case for some of the kids around her. She does notice size though and what seems to get her is not their outside but their inside. She's really worried about health. Her grandmother is 5'2 and probably over 400lbs. You can tell it upsets her when her grandmother can't get off the couch but is eating candy and soda which in her own words is a 'sometimes' food. She sees how hard I'm working to be healthy and I can tell she's excited and she's one of my biggest cheerleaders.

Honestly, I think the only cuss words my daughter knows is damn and hell. And she's been told that she can only use them whens he understands what they mean. lol A while back ago she was standing by a door and it swung open all dramatically and it scared her. lol She went 'WHAT THE HELL' and she instantly apologized. I told her that it was okay and that at least she said it correctly but should not use that language unless it's the right times.

All you can do is keep doing what you're doing and keep in mind that you're the adult and you can do things they've never dreamed of.
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    U should of took his bike ;)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I was 14. My sister and I were walking to the store and two very cute boys in a nice car yelled out to me "hey dont even look at me you fat pig!" It is still something that stings. I wish I would of stood up for myself like you did. I still get nervous everytime I see teenaged boys and Im 26! Im proud of you!

I am terrified of kids ages 11-20. I had a horrible childhood full of being made fun of for weight and other issues. I'm 23 and still afraid of all of them. My own nieces scare the crap out of me.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just burn some calories at the same time as banging their heads together =D

10 or 12, if they are going to be disrespectfull, I will show them it's not ok, and they won't forget it.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I was 14. My sister and I were walking to the store and two very cute boys in a nice car yelled out to me "hey dont even look at me you fat pig!" It is still something that stings. I wish I would of stood up for myself like you did. I still get nervous everytime I see teenaged boys and Im 26! Im proud of you!

I am terrified of kids ages 11-20. I had a horrible childhood full of being made fun of for weight and other issues. I'm 23 and still afraid of all of them. My own nieces scare the crap out of me.

My cousins are ages 12-19. They still scare me too. I dislike teenagers after what I've gone through. >.<
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Sorry it happened. There are 8 billion people in the world. Don't let 1 ruin your day. :flowerforyou: We're here. We care.
    Awww, I really like this quote!! :heart:
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Please don't let this deter you from having kids. Those kids are a holes in large part because of their parents or really the lack of parenting. Children can be molded and shaped into what you raise them to be. If you raise them to be respectful and considerate, kind and loving than they will be all those things. Feel sorry for those kids at the park. They probably have a horrible home life and won't amount to much.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kids in high school (I graduated recently) used to oink at me, moo at me, call me Shamu...my friends were worse, though. Even though I weighed less than all of them, they were constantly at my throat for being fat.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was called a f******* fat b***** by my then husband's girlfriend (long, sordid story that ended happily in a divorce). It was hurtful in a way, but I considered the source. Even my then husband told me the same thing. Again, I considered the source.

I'm glad you stood up for yourself with them. I don't think many people do that nowadays. Children can be evil, but you can stop them before they get too far.

As for the hurtful part, consider the source. As with my now ex-husband and the girlfriend he broke up with four months after we separated, they got what they deserved in the end.

Keep your chin up and keep showing that fantastic smile!
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    Just tell him that you can't fix stupid. I have been called fat so many times to my face that I have lost count. It's gotten to the point when someone calls me fat I just say," really? Is that the best insult you can come up with?! Your parents were brother and sister, weren't they?"

^^^5 this Elf Princess
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have never had a stranger call me fat, but my boss in my first 'professional' job used to regularly call me Pillsbury (I had to ask him what he meant as I'm in Australia and wasn't familiar with the reference). He had absolutely no issue in telling me his nickname was 'from the Dough Boy - you know, 'cause your fat'.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but things have NOT changed. I got called fat all the time growing up, and I'm older than you by almost a decade, and I would bet that someone here older than I am had the same experience. There always have been, and always will be kids who are jerks, just like there will always be adults who are jerks. That's just life.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I used to get called fat all the time at my higher weights. Of course, in high school....this one kid who was short but quite a jerk called me a fat a** and I told him "yeah but at least I don't have to sit on my backpack to drive my a** home!" and one time in the grocery store I had a huge cart full of groceries and some chick was with her bf and said "I bet she's going to go home and eat that whole cart." It's really sad and I hate thinking about it. I'm sorry those kids made those comments. Just goes to show you how much some parents care to teach their kids good manners and respect. I'm glad you stood up for yourself, lette.
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Coulda told him at least your butt holds your britches up ;):tongue:
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    I'm glad you called them on it though. Bet they didn't see that coming. My Mom use to tell me that I am beautiful inside and out no matter what they say and I can lose the weight if I want but they are ugly inside and out and will always be no matter what they do physically. They learn this attitude from their parents. BTW- the kids that made fun of me in middle school, are bigger than me now and did not age well. Karma sucks.
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that.

But I can guarantee that kid will watch what he says from now on.