Called fat by a stranger.

Options

Replies

• DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    yes i was called a fat monster in a walmart parking lot by a grown woman!!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I hate kids with a passion. I wouldn't mind if the end of the human race came with this generation, because it's all downhill from here.
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    Kids can be absolutely horrible. Don't let it get to you, though - you're working hard and they don't have the life experience yet to even know what "working hard" is. It's so great that you confronted them, though. When we brush off **** like that, it just makes them think it's okay to demean people who are bigger.

I wish it was just kids. I was out with my mom a few years ago and an old lady came up to me and told me over and over again that I was fat and that I was going to die. I kid you not. It was the worst thing anyone has ever said to me. In retrospect, I'm so angry that I didn't stand up for myself.
  • thegunnut26
    thegunnut26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every now and then, in high school I have had food thrown at me.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    ," really? Is that the best insult you can come up with?! Your parents were brother and sister, weren't they?"

:laugh: :laugh: Love this!

In all seriousness, it hurts. It sucks. But they don't matter. They're kids.......... and kids with attitudes like that will more than likely grow up to either learn their lesson (doubtful) Or miserable. So in the end, you are changing your life and they are just stupid brats.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So, today while I was getting my walk in in the park, these 2 young kids (about 12yrs) were messing around with their bike in the middle of the sidewalk...I didn't think anything of it until I passed them and the one said "fat *****!" Now, I wasn't sure If I heard him right so I ignored him and kept walking. So he yelled it louder. I turned around and said "excuse me, what did you say?" Of course, He couldn't call me a fat ***** to my face because all he could say was "I didn't say nothin' homie" So i kept asking him (using vulgar language) "go on, tell me what the **** you said!" "oh i didn't say nothin homie"...his friend was just kinda standing there not saying anything...If he was not 12 I would have slapped him! I know I shouldn't be using cuss words around children but If he can call me a fat ***** then obviously he can handle the f word and plus i was so pissed words were just coming out of my mouth. I just ended up telling him to **** off...

Seriously...I can't stand how kids are these days! That really hurts. And obviously I'm walking in the park for a reason...not sitting on my *kitten* eating cake. This is the reason why I don't want to have kids...they're so evil now a days...I never even got called fat in middle/high school (in ear shot at least) things have changed and it's really messed up. I wish his mamma woulda heard that! lol....have any of you ever been called fat to your face by a complete stranger?

A. Kids have always been awful in certain settings. Obviously, some more than others.

B. Thanks for basically calling all parents failures. That's cool.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I got called a fat*** by a man in a parking lot once. I looked at him, noticed he was wearing shoes with 2 velcro straps like he was a toddler, and said I might be fat but at least I can bend over to tie my shoes.
    I was pleased.

ETA: I was probably around 20 at the time looking like I was 14, and he was clearly old enough to be my dad. Tough guy...
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't let the morons get you down.
    What is the alternative? Staying home on the couch? Not a chance!

You are doing the right things, for the right reasons. Don't let these kids derail you!
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I was going through a lot medically. They had just diagnosed me with super ventricular tachycardia (basically my heart beat REALLY fast and took a short cut)... anyway, we wanted to go to the mall to shop for baby things and just, to get out of the house, I had been on bed rest because of the aforementioned heart junk and was REALLY big at 8 months preggo. In an effort to prevent me from over doing things, I had to ride one of those electric wheel chairs through the mall... we were having a good time until this young couple walked passed giggling and he says to his g/f, wife, blond skinny witch "OMG did you see that fat chick, she should just get up and walk!!" ... she replied "If I ever get that ugly and fat kill me!".... I immediately burst into tears. My husband asked what was wrong and I told him.... well, my husband who is very non confrontational walked up to them and said "Excuse me. You just made my 8 month pregnant wife with a heart condition cry. I think yoru sad pathetic excuse for human beings and I think you should really reflect on what empty shallow people you must be to pass judgement on someone you know nothing about. F you both. Have a horrible day." So it's not just kids. Think nothing of these people. They clearly have nothing better to do than to belittle others.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My 5-year-old daughter walked up to me the other night and told me "Man, you are really FAT". I was heartbroken, but explained that that is not something we say to people and made her apologize.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad you said something to those f*ckers! They earned a cuss out, so don't feel remotely bad about that. If they're old enough and bold enough to say something that ignorant they're old enough to deal with the consequences.

I'm sure it was a shock and hurt to be treated that way, but try to remember it's their and their parents ignorance and problem, not yours.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I was working in a clothes shop a couple of years ago and a customer asked me when my baby was due. I was so not pregnant! She then patted my stomach. I was absolutely devastated! It's so hurtful when people make assumptions about you and this woman was no supermodel either! Now I just try to brush it off. It doesn't matter what other people think. I know that I'm doing what I can to make a positive change in my life but that I'm doing it for me and no one else! People who criticise you are not worth your time. I ignore strangers as they don't know me and I don't know them. Their opinion does not mean anything to me. It can take time to get into that frame of mind but just keep reminding yourself of what you're doing and why you're doing it and you will get there! You are awesome! Remember that :-)
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Being a teacher, I run into lots of comments by children, usually innocent ones. But one time, I had 2 boys who were trying to get a girl into trouble. They came HUFFING to my desk telling me I was NOT going to BELIEVE what she said. Innocently, I looked up and asked WHAT? They said that she told them I had a big butt. I simply stood, glanced around each side like I was looking at my butt, and politely told them, "you know what? SHE'S RIGHT!" and sat back down and went back to work. lol They walked back to their seats dumbfounded and NEVER tried anything like that again :D.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I was going through a lot medically. They had just diagnosed me with super ventricular tachycardia (basically my heart beat REALLY fast and took a short cut)... anyway, we wanted to go to the mall to shop for baby things and just, to get out of the house, I had been on bed rest because of the aforementioned heart junk and was REALLY big at 8 months preggo. In an effort to prevent me from over doing things, I had to ride one of those electric wheel chairs through the mall... we were having a good time until this young couple walked passed giggling and he says to his g/f, wife, blond skinny witch "OMG did you see that fat chick, she should just get up and walk!!" ... she replied "If I ever get that ugly and fat kill me!".... I immediately burst into tears. My husband asked what was wrong and I told him.... well, my husband who is very non confrontational walked up to them and said "Excuse me. You just made my 8 month pregnant wife with a heart condition cry. I think yoru sad pathetic excuse for human beings and I think you should really reflect on what empty shallow people you must be to pass judgement on someone you know nothing about. F you both. Have a horrible day." So it's not just kids. Think nothing of these people. They clearly have nothing better to do than to belittle others.

I think I :heart: your hubby. That's something my SO would have done too.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been called fat lots, in elementary school, jr high, high school, college (though I was always of average weight), grad school...it just doesn't phase me anymore. At some point, I just stopped caring about what strangers thought of my body, be it good thoughts or bad thoughts. Life has been much more enjoyable ever since :-)

It would be a lot harder to push those thoughts out of my head if a friend or family member was taunting me, though, and I feel for those of you who are going through that!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i feel really bad for yall women, and i try and never be rude like that , but its sometimes hard for me to understand how hurtful words are to women, men i guess think diffrent taunts dont sting like it does to women
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY sorry someone said something so hurtful and ugly to you. You truly are a beautiful lady. I think it takes courage and determination to look in the mirror, decide we aren't quite happy with the way things are, and make proactive steps to change things! Way to go, us! Keep walking!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Whenever anyone calls me something like that I just think "how observant of them" and carry on.
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks for all your words guys! People who say those things have NOOO clue how it feels to be fat since day one pretty much...I wanted to knock them over but I didn't feel like going to jail for assaulting a 12 year old! haha...I cried a little bit about a min after walking away (thankfully I had sunglasses on!) I tried to hold it back but I couldn't...usually it wouldn't bother me but I have been very depressed lately. I gained back 1/2 the weight I lost (42 lbs) So im upset about that...then there's this stupid *kitten* man *kitten* guy that I'm upset about, now THIS! ugh...I'm working hard to lose back the weight I gained...I hate how I feel after gaining weight. I'm so sorry to everyone who has been bullied to their face, you know how much it hurts! Let's keep our heads up and show them how much better we look than them once we meet our goals.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I got called fat almost in a daily basis in Junior High...I guess kids around the country are starting to act like us Jerseyans. Not all kids are like this...not the ones who were raised right. If you have kids I'm sure you're not gonna raise 'em like that!