a special kind of fat that won't go with dieting...

Options
124»

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    :"I know this to be true because I just made it up."

Lol!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a made up slang word.
    Yo adipose to go to the store, but Ima go later.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic... but lately i find myself seeing obese people and feeling really bad for them.. I've been getting an urge to carry little MFP cards and kindly slip them one and kind of try to in-a-nutshell-but-without-the-kindness- get them to WISE UP. THat's not what I mean out loud of course... I mean how do you kindly suggest someone could be happier with another view, another outlook, an option that's worked for me... without appearing negative, nasty, condescending or rude? I love the fact that there are old/fat/ partially crippled people at the gym trying to improve their health. The ones I see struggling to stay upright while waiting for a bus might be on a plan, or they might feel hopeless or not know an alternate plan exists and I have an urge to 'help.' I know I can't butt in like that, but I just wanted to put it out there that it's crossed my mind... So Kyle, I'm not sure I could have restrained myself... it would have depended on my mood (and probably on whether or not I'd had a few cocktails.) end of stray thought.
    I must admit, when I see fat kids I want to scream at them and their parents. But it's not that easy and I'm not that brave.

One of my very best friend's grandson is 11 yrs old and has gone from a skinny kid to a chunky chump. It worries me when I see him so big at such a young age as it reminds me of how I was at that age. His mum & dad who I love dearly are both normal weight - there isn't an oz of fat on his dad who is naturally skinny and his mum lost a lot of weight herself after having kids and she keeps herself trim. I know he could hit puberty and lose it all - just as his brother has - so maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily. But as I was a fat kid, who has always had body-dismorphia issues and went from a normal size in my 20s and ended up as a really fat 30/40-something, I can't help but worry. :ohwell:

To be perfectly honest, I think you are wrong here. Depending on the child's body type (above-average frame), it is sometimes normal for a child to carry excess weight just before hitting the growth spurts that come with puberty. Unless this kid is obese or you see the parents teaching the child bad eating habits, I wouldn't judge the situation so quickly.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic... but lately i find myself seeing obese people and feeling really bad for them.. I've been getting an urge to carry little MFP cards and kindly slip them one and kind of try to in-a-nutshell-but-without-the-kindness- get them to WISE UP. THat's not what I mean out loud of course... I mean how do you kindly suggest someone could be happier with another view, another outlook, an option that's worked for me... without appearing negative, nasty, condescending or rude? I love the fact that there are old/fat/ partially crippled people at the gym trying to improve their health. The ones I see struggling to stay upright while waiting for a bus might be on a plan, or they might feel hopeless or not know an alternate plan exists and I have an urge to 'help.' I know I can't butt in like that, but I just wanted to put it out there that it's crossed my mind... So Kyle, I'm not sure I could have restrained myself... it would have depended on my mood (and probably on whether or not I'd had a few cocktails.) end of stray thought.

Uhm, I would punch a stranger in the face if they told me they felt sorry I was fat and here's a random website that'll help you. So if you like your face, don't.

Or maybe you'd cry in your pillow and just maybe the thought would stay with you that you don't REALLY need to look the way you do. Maybe a year down the road you'll look at your thunderous *kitten* and remember me and my bloody lip and say, you know I have a great punch. maybe I'll work that in the gym.. then maybe you'll go twice and in 6 months maybe you'll be down 20 pounds and be feeling fantastic about yourself...I did say 'I know I can't butt in..." I know there's no kind way to do it, so chill honey..it's really a kind thought and simply for conversation.... as for Kyle's post, I might be tempted to politely join the conversation they were already having. I never learned mom's lesson about not talking to strangers.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha WOW!!! People will believe anything so that they do not have to work out.

Hey!! I used my PCOS as an excuse for being so heavy for over three years!

Then I took a walk.

It's much easier to say you've "tried" everything than to actually "do" something.

I did the same thing. And then I got over feeling sorry for myself and actually did something. Crazy how that works, right?
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I...I can't...what is this...I don't even....HUH!?
    my reaction exactly! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Okay so in her defense..I've heard of conditions that people do collect big pockets or areas of fat, and I saw the pictures someone put up..so maybe that's what it was and she was just describing it badly..just cause you stay at a Holiday Inn doesn't mean you're a doctor..

But is she saying she's got a layer of fat UNDER her adipose fat?? I mean..is that even possible? Cause if it is there's the last ten pounds I can't get rid of!!! I've got a medical condition...here I am thinking it was my unnatural love of naps and fried mozzarella sticks..

I won't judge or be harsh though cause I wasn't there to hear it..I woulda popped my head over though and totally got all up in their Kool-Aid though and found out what she was talking about..
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

Uhm, I would punch a stranger in the face if they told me they felt sorry I was fat and here's a random website that'll help you. So if you like your face, don't.

yup, because people not telling us has worked so well.... Violence too. That's the best way for conflict resolution!
  • lilhousemama
    lilhousemama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOL. Makes me think of Doctor Who "And the fat just walks away". The adipose look very cute in that

I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!!! LOL :) ** whovian's unite!**