What's your favorite salad?

Options

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My favorite (and I could eat it all 3 meals, and only this) Is SO simple. Romaine Hearts lettuce, Feta Cheese crumbles, croutons, and Wish Bone Ranch Spritzer. That is it. I eat dinner plates of it. Of course you can throw on whatever veggie you want. I want to live on it....LOL
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    spinach with feta, walnuts, apples, grilled chicken and raspberry vinegarette.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • imafatloser
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks for sharing, everyone!
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the following:

Mixed greens
    Red onions (sliced very thin)
    Cherry tomatoes
    Dried cherries or cranberries
    Honey roasted pecans
    Blue cheese grumbles

YUM! Sometimes I add chicken and avacado :heart:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    arugula, sauteed beets, goat cheese, walnuts champagne vinegarette

baby spinach, snap peas, shredded carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, cukes, shredded cheese, chopped hard boiled egg

raw kale, shaved parmesan, olive oil, lemon and garlic as a a dressing, croutons

raw kale, roasted sweet potatoes, julienned cukes, red onion, sesame ginger dressing
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Its been a long time since I've had it but I came to taste a really good salad in Burger king in Puerto Rico. Too
    bad they dont serve it over here. It had greens, grilled chicken, tomato, tropical ripe bananas(guineo maduro) (fried or baked), bacon pieces, pink beans and your choice of dressing. Its a sweet and salty salad.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The best salad I ever had lettuce, spinach, a sprinkle of cheese, one slice of bacon, bay shrimp, crab (lobster would be better), a small chicken strip, half a boiled egg, tomato, and avacado! Ranch dressing on top. I think it came to just over 600 cals and kept me full for about 8 hours.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been doing something a little different lately. A can of black beans, a can of corn ( no salt) a teaspoon of cumin, couple drops of hot
    sauce and a squirt of lemon juice. It's a great lunch and I normally get 3 cups of it, which I split over a couple days. It's a great side too for fish tacos.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Corn and blueberry salad!

You need:

1 corn on the cob
    1 cup of blueberries
    1/2 cup of cilantro
    1/2 cup of red onion
    1 jalapeno
    1 TBS of honey
    1 lime

Boil the corn on the cob, let cool and cut the kernels off. Chop up and mix all ingredients together, drizzle the honey over it, squeeze the juice of the whole lime in, stir and let cool for at least a half hour. I like this salad all by itself, but it goes well with most dishes.
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Green salad with kidney beans and jalepenos! (:
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I really need to read that thread later on.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce, arugula, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, sliced roasted red peppers, goat cheese, Ken's fat free raspberry pecan dressing and whatever protein I have on hand...salmon, chicken breast, or even hard boiled egg whites. YUM!! Sometimes I change it up and use yogurt ranch dressing and a sprinkling of bacos instead of the raspberry.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Spinach with two fried eggs, bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles, green onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes with balsamic and sriracha. The balsamic, sriracha, and egg yolks mix together to make a dressing.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cubed long english cucumber, grape tomatoes sliced in half, greek seasoning and either feta or goat cheese crumbled no dressing, the juice from the tomatoes mixed with the seasoning is like a dressing.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Tabouli http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/AUTHENTIC-LEBANESE-TABOULI-1219893
    with sliced chicken and tahini sauce (and for me hot sauce)
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Spinach and strawberries with blue cheese and pecans and honey poppyseed dressing. I usually have this at least once a week at a local restaurant with half an egg salad sandwich on wheat bread. Yummy indulgence.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    LOts of great ones on here. One that I really like is lettuce, red onion, green apple, soy nuts, feta, cucumber. Toss with Renee's Vinegrette - the pear and blue cheese. Add tons of black pepper. MMMMmmmmm - good with chicken tossed in too. So good!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken with strawberries and blueberries and Bolthouse Farm Dressing (Raspberry Merlot).

Tuna/Chicken with mangoes/oranges/dried cranberries and Bolthouse Farm Mango Vinagairette.

I do both of these on spinach because I like it better but you can do whatever.

My family also likes Taco Salads and you can make your own shell or eat it without one. Basically you do fat free refried beans or black beans (reduced sodium preferred) on a bed of lettuce. Mix in onions and chopped peppers. Add Extra Hot Salsa and Jalepenos if you like. Also can top with sour cream (reduced fat or fat free) or greek yogurt (unflavored, fat free).