Who has started losing again after ADDING more calories?

Options
123457»

Replies

• jenniferinfla
    Options
    When I started eating closer to my BMR, now doing about 1500 to 1600 a day, with only going on walks, not jogging or elliptical etc, I lost 2.5lbs the first week of this.
    So you reduced the exercise intensity, and from what you posted in another thread added a lot more protein to your diet ? am I keeping up....

Exactly. My diet has always been of very healthy foods. Problem was simply not getting enough of them, especially protein... my standard diet was normally 70 to 90% carbohydrates (leafy greens, vegetables, fruits).

Now doing more of 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat.

My protein is usually about 150-200 grams a day....no problem on that intake ;)

Any suggestions on protein? I relized today I wasn't eating enough my 1430 goal was never more than 1000 BECAUSE I didn't eat back my calories burned so putting my body in starvation mode..so now I gotta eat full 1430 and want to add protein
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Your lean body mass is 172? What is your BMR, if you use one of those calculators that has body fat % as an input? It must be quite high. I wouldn't worry about eating under it.

If I go by those blanket calculator online..my BMR ranges from 1500-1700,,which is even more confusing..which is it? Again..I'm not petite(hah)

I dont know how accurate 172 is even? but that site I linked had a ton of measurement inputs. ;) So..even if I was more 150 range..thats about the protein I get..and its not fatty type either..whey protein I love and with some good greek yogurt...you can have a shake that puts out close to 70gm on it owns..thats what I drink after I lift...

and I have a hard time with BMI...I am still considered OBESE...but I cant be...if you seen my legs and arms..you'd understand ;) So..its hard to target my numbers.. Im a mess..haha

What is in this shake that contains 70g protein and what is the calorie count in it?
    Also, you don't seem to be eating 1200 but a lot more?

the 1200 cal intake was BEFORE I started this uping calories... last week... I'm trying for closer to 1800 now...and 2 scoops of whey protein and a good greek yogurt can get you around 70 grams..calorie count is pretty high.. 400-500 depending on yogurt..and depending on how much yogurt..milk is a good option too...but not as much protein :D but less calories normally
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    When I started eating closer to my BMR, now doing about 1500 to 1600 a day, with only going on walks, not jogging or elliptical etc, I lost 2.5lbs the first week of this.
    So you reduced the exercise intensity, and from what you posted in another thread added a lot more protein to your diet ? am I keeping up....

whey protein powder! It has about 150 cals per scoop...and depending on type..26 grams per scoop of protein.. with some ice..and yogurt...or milk? depending on calorie needs.and ice.. its great...there are many flavors as well!
    Exactly. My diet has always been of very healthy foods. Problem was simply not getting enough of them, especially protein... my standard diet was normally 70 to 90% carbohydrates (leafy greens, vegetables, fruits).

Now doing more of 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat.

My protein is usually about 150-200 grams a day....no problem on that intake ;)

Any suggestions on protein? I relized today I wasn't eating enough my 1430 goal was never more than 1000 BECAUSE I didn't eat back my calories burned so putting my body in starvation mode..so now I gotta eat full 1430 and want to add protein
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of egg whites, tuna and salmon for protein. whole grain pasta with pesto is good too.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I stalled pretty early on in my journey, for a whole month. And then I upped my calories and it's falling off again. I started off at 1,200, then I upped it to 1,700. I'm 5'2" and I do about 30-45 minutes of running or biking 5 times a week, and 15 minutes or so of strength training 4 times a week.
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    I stalled pretty early on in my journey, for a whole month. And then I upped my calories and it's falling off again. I started off at 1,200, then I upped it to 1,700. I'm 5'2" and I do about 30-45 minutes of running or biking 5 times a week, and 15 minutes or so of strength training 4 times a week.

great to hear...and thank you for posting your exercise output as well..that really helps me gauge things :)!!
  • purdieang
    purdieang Posts: 43
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Tanitam
    Tanitam Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • sanaa4560
    sanaa4560 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hay guys so finally m here with same problem.i m eatinb les dan 1000 calories nx also i dix turbofite bit in 3 weeks i didnt droped a single pound nd as for now m eating 900_1200calories m cycling my calories like dome days r less calories nd 2 days a week its high cLorie now also doing hiit workouts from tf 3 days a week cz i cant workout 6 days a week cz of ramadan(fast month)..i need to break dos pleatue help plz
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started at 1400 something, upped it to 1830 and lost another 6 pounds or so. Your body needs fuel.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I went up from 1200 to 1500. Gained back a lb then plateaued for 3 weeks but this week lost 5 lbs. Plus o feel better and have more energy to work out
  • ajclemons5
    ajclemons5 Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree...this seems to go against everything that's been programmed. I currently net 1200 - 1400 per day and haven't lost a pound in months. I've been concentrating on eating really clean, adding more strength training, and increasing my protein intake. I will try to increase my cals to 1600 - 1800 to see if that makes a diff. Another question...i've been having a hard time meeting my protein requirements (approx 150 g per day). What are some of your best sources that are low in fat/cals??

15182052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Some people hate this...but here...I go.. ;) whey protein powder...I dont leave home with out it... cup of Fage greek yogurt...2 scoops choc powder...1tsp peanut butter...cup ice... walla! chocolate p.butter shake...and protein? could be close or over 70gm depending.. and I am picky.. body fortress is good.. the ice really makes it takes so good...blend it up..and go :)

Thanks so much!!! I will definitely try...sounds yummy :)

You may wanna go with a flavored vanilla greek yogurt..especiallly first starting out with the powder...I use plain now..but it might be a bit too...bland at first! and a little more p butter is cool too !

I know people here log so this probably goes without saying but it's like a 525 calorie drink even before the little more PB. Just a heads up, for those who drink then log then realize they have to skip dinner or go run 5 miles. :happy:

I went out and bought whey protein immediately :) (body fortress). I have been having 1 cup coconut greek yogurt, 1 tsp almond butter, 2 scoops protein and mixing with water to keep the calories down to about 500. it's been my breakfast and mid-morning snack for the last 2 days and i definitely feel more full and satisfied throughout the day. I also had more energy for my workout last night. Thanks for the help!!!
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I am 5'4" and I do about an hour of walking/jogging 5 days a week and a couple of times on weights (not that structured) When I am watching what I eat I am probably around 1200 or below. Obviously if I can eat more and stay the same or lose weight who wouldn't want to do that right!!!!! Just a little scary. I guess the only thing to do is try huh?

I suppose maybe just eating more food consitently during the week and trying not to be free for all on weekends.

Thanks for you post :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I agree...this seems to go against everything that's been programmed. I currently net 1200 - 1400 per day and haven't lost a pound in months. I've been concentrating on eating really clean, adding more strength training, and increasing my protein intake. I will try to increase my cals to 1600 - 1800 to see if that makes a diff. Another question...i've been having a hard time meeting my protein requirements (approx 150 g per day). What are some of your best sources that are low in fat/cals??

15182052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Some people hate this...but here...I go.. ;) whey protein powder...I dont leave home with out it... cup of Fage greek yogurt...2 scoops choc powder...1tsp peanut butter...cup ice... walla! chocolate p.butter shake...and protein? could be close or over 70gm depending.. and I am picky.. body fortress is good.. the ice really makes it takes so good...blend it up..and go :)

Thanks so much!!! I will definitely try...sounds yummy :)

You may wanna go with a flavored vanilla greek yogurt..especiallly first starting out with the powder...I use plain now..but it might be a bit too...bland at first! and a little more p butter is cool too !

I know people here log so this probably goes without saying but it's like a 525 calorie drink even before the little more PB. Just a heads up, for those who drink then log then realize they have to skip dinner or go run 5 miles. :happy:

I went out and bought whey protein immediately :) (body fortress). I have been having 1 cup coconut greek yogurt, 1 tsp almond butter, 2 scoops protein and mixing with water to keep the calories down to about 500. it's been my breakfast and mid-morning snack for the last 2 days and i definitely feel more full and satisfied throughout the day. I also had more energy for my workout last night. Thanks for the help!!!

I love Body Fortress!! I have the strawberry flavored, I just toss a scoop in a shaker cup with water and I'm ready to go. Obviously tastes great with skim milk to and almond milk!