Foods You Hate But Eat Anway Because They're Good For You

Options
Go!

For me, it's cottage cheese. I eat it almost everyday because it's a good source of vegetarian protein, it's easy to portion out and take to work, and it's low cal. I can't stand the texture though! I've found that if I mix it with granola or Fiber One, it's much more tolerable. I've also added some crumbled blue cheese to it and transformed it into a chip/pretzel dip. I just need some crunch!

I don't like squishy foods--so I'm also not a huge fan of yogurt, but again, eat it frequently, always stirring in fruit or cereal with it.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You should try either whipped cottage cheese (Friendship makes it) or greek yogurt if you hate the texture. A cup of plain greek yogurt has pretty much the same amount of protein as a cup of cottage cheese, and in my opinion, tastes wayyyyyy better.

For me, it used to be veggies, but through experimenting I've found good ways to cook them, and now I actually like them. I don't force myself to eat something I don't like...but then again there isn't much I don't like! :laugh:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Go!

For me, it's cottage cheese. I eat it almost everyday because it's a good source of vegetarian protein, it's easy to portion out and take to work, and it's low cal. I can't stand the texture though! I've found that if I mix it with granola or Fiber One, it's much more tolerable. I've also added some crumbled blue cheese to it and transformed it into a chip/pretzel dip. I just need some crunch!

I don't like squishy foods--so I'm also not a huge fan of yogurt, but again, eat it frequently, always stirring in fruit or cereal with it.

I don't any more. I eat the better foods of all the foods I like

Carrots I guess, but I don't dislike them

Everything I put in my mouth now i enjoy :wink:
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Celery.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Uh, I don't eat foods I hate. There are a sh|tload of foods I love that are healthy, so I stick to those.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything I hate. Period.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    chicken (gag)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    none. I don't torture myself..
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

That's what she said
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Go!

I don't any more. I eat the better foods of all the foods I like

Carrots I guess, but I don't dislike them

That's what she said!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Asparagus...bleck and beets, both of which I eat 2-3x a year, which isn't much, but makes a change.
  • morgansmom02
    Options

That's what she said

AW I was too late!!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I've taught myself to eat lightly sweetened yogurt. But it was a long, slow process beginning with fruity, sugary yogurt. :)
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, I've learned to tolerate them ............. in fruit smoothies but that's pretty much where it begins and ends.
  • ksb0602
    ksb0602 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You should try either whipped cottage cheese (Friendship makes it) or greek yogurt if you hate the texture. A cup of plain greek yogurt has pretty much the same amount of protein as a cup of cottage cheese, and in my opinion, tastes wayyyyyy better.

For me, it used to be veggies, but through experimenting I've found good ways to cook them, and now I actually like them. I don't force myself to eat something I don't like...but then again there isn't much I don't like! :laugh:

Hmmm...have been wanting to try cottage cheese but I couldn't get past the texture either. Never heard of Whipped! Will look for it. Thanks for the info :)
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    <--- This is a pic of my new dress, not my boobs.
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    I guess, I don't "eat" water. But I hate water!

Before calorie counting I drank 6+ regular sodas per day, and I think that has kind of "ruined" me in a way where I want something sweet. I quit drinking soda, and started drinking crystal light. Crystal light ruins my water bottles, so I tried truvia + water. Right now I try to drink 1 thing of crystal light energy (in the morning) then either truvia + water or just water during the day.

It's a process :P
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    milk ! i dont like it , but the 0.1 fat version i can tolerate better
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything I don't like. I find that for everything that is good for me that I don't like, there is a comparable substitute that I do like.
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything I don't like I just eat the things I like and adjust portion sizes, you still have to enjoy your meals or you'll get bored and slip up sooner or later
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Chicken! I would rather have a hamburger! LOL