Foods You Hate But Eat Anway Because They're Good For You

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Does not apply.

Well, maybe. I hated coffee for years. But I also hated the acidity, taste and cost of energy drinks. So I've spent two years converting myself. It's not good for me, though, but good for humanity because I'm much more human and much less crazy psycho person.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Vegetables.

Not any specific one, just vegetables.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Right now? Everything I'm allowing myself to eat is grossing me out. I'm sitting here looking at a ribeye steak now like it's stewed shoe leather. I do not want to eat it, but I don't want to be dizzy later from being under calories, so eat it I shall.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Milk, yogurt, tomatoes, water (sometimes), apples, brown rice, whole wheat pasta. I USED to hate and still do most of the time these items but slowly Ive learned how to incorperate them into things so I enjoy them. Milk was huge (any dairy really) hurdle to get over but now I dont mind it as long as its ice cold with cereal or I try to add skim milk to almost any recipe even if its only half a cup or someting. Apples I now have with some low fat real peanut butter, brown rice I add more water into the ricer and it seems to make it taste better and well pasta still working on making it taste as good as its white relative. Raw tomatoes still can't stand though, doubt that's going to change but thankfully they're more healthy cooked anyways!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I happen to like a lot of fresh whole foods like beans, whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables. Some foods I like better than others, but I think it's all good if you are choosing from high-nutrient foods. So why make yourself suffer foods you don't like?
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You should try either whipped cottage cheese (Friendship makes it) or greek yogurt if you hate the texture. A cup of plain greek yogurt has pretty much the same amount of protein as a cup of cottage cheese, and in my opinion, tastes wayyyyyy better.

For me, it used to be veggies, but through experimenting I've found good ways to cook them, and now I actually like them. I don't force myself to eat something I don't like...but then again there isn't much I don't like! :laugh:

Hmm, I will have to look for that whipped cottage cheese! Thanks for the rec! And I do eat greek yogurt, and the texture still bugs me. The watery stuff that accumulates on top of dairy products bums me out for some reason (I know it's filled with protein and good stuff, but it still freaks me out). I like to drain my greek yogurt over a sieve lined with paper towels for a day, then spread it out and top with fresh fruit! It's less "squishy" and yummy like cheesecake. :smile:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If I'm not going to enjoy it, it's not worth eating.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tried to do cottage cheese but I'd rather off myself than endure that muck again. There are so many tasty, healthy foods out there that I see no reason to eat something horrible just to get in a bit of protein or iron or whatever it is I'm supposed to be getting from the demon food.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Everything I put in my mouth now i enjoy :wink:

That's what she said

Hey-o! :laugh:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    whole grain pasta

I don't HATE it but I prefer the regular stuff as far as texture.
  • fatpanda96
    fatpanda96 Posts: 77
    Options
    Celery.

exactly.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    None, if I don't like it I don't eat it.
  • dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree. Water. I just do not enjoy drinking water, I will almost drink anything to avoid water. I have been downing many diet sodas for liquids, but know I need to stop that practice. I purchased some MIO liguid to squirt into my water and that helps. Also, I recently read that drinking wated speeds the metabolism, can't beat that for motivation!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a can. I'm having it for lunch. But, pretty much anything tastes good if you drown it in sriracha.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I don't eat what I don't like. The one exception to this is greek yogurt when I need the extra protein. I have to put all kinds of stuff in it to even be able to swallow it.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    milk ! i dont like it , but the 0.1 fat version i can tolerate better

This^^^....Can't drink milk, yuck. I will only cook with it when necessary. My kids (boys even) drink soy with me.
    Kinda funny though because I love cheese & yogurt.
  • gothgirlphx
    gothgirlphx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    chicken. i hate chicken. the only way i actually like chicken is fried, and that's a no-no. if i never ate chicken in any form ever again, i wouldn't miss it at all.
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Celery.

exactly.

Me too with the celery. Yuck! It has a gross bitter taste to me!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    None. I had to eat everything on my plate when I was a kid whether I liked it or not. I haven't eaten anything I don't like since then. Too many good and healthy foods out there I DO like to suffer eating stuff I don't. :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Banana's