Stop saying great job when it's not!!!

Options

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I mostly just comment on people's exercise. If you've been moving, good job!
  • Toomestwin
    Toomestwin Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm not bothered by it. When you reduce it down to the lowest common denominator, it's none of my business. Spend a day at the US Army's RANGER School if you want hardcore motivation. Otherwise, where's the harm?
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    I ALWAYS check out the diary and if they did a good job that day I say way to go or something. If they did nothing i just don't comment
  • ironicusername
    Options
    I agree. I don't comment unless I see what's eaten. I expect the same. I want total honesty!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the point!! It's not about nachos!! I ate nachos a few days ago! JEEZ!! lol Eat cookies all damn day if you want!! All I'm saying is that it annoys me that other people will comment on it saying how great of a job the person is doing when they aren't! That's like if your kid didn't study for a test and failed and you said "WAY TO GO!!! It's an accomplishment that you even showed up for the test!!!"

tl;dr version: WHINEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My very first MFP rant. Feel free to get angry at me and have an entertaining internet battle.

I'm sorry but it irritates the heck out of me when I see someone finished their diary for the day and all they ate was a plate of 800 calorie nachos and everyone comments "Great job!!" and "Way to go!!". Seriously?!?!?! I see this crap EVERYDAY!!! I'm down for giving people moral support but I refuse to tell you good job if all you did was eat cookies all day. I am the person that will say "Don't worry, tomorrow is another day!!" Am I a meanie pants for that? Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? You guys know you've seen that before on here lol. WHY?!?!?!?! It bugs me!!!!!

AMEN!!! This is the only post in this thread i'm going to read. I don't care to hear all the whining i'm sure is in the rest. You hit the nail on the head and , KUDOS!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I actually LOOK at the diary of every person that posts it on my feed....yeah, I need a life...LOL! BUT I don't comment either way to someone who is habitually doing what they aren't supposed to be doing. Thats a lie and i wont be a party to it. But if someone screws up occasionally, as we all do, I DO encourage and try to make them feel better.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't expect people to tell me "good job" when I know myself I could have done better. I also wouldn't mind if someone told me I could do better- keep me in check!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I Don't usually even look at people's food log, if it says they are under and I know that's what they want from their journey, then it's a great job.

But, very honestly, who am I to judge someone else and hold them accountable? It is their weight loss, it does not impact me. They are accountable to themselves. I certainly appreciate my friends but they don't hold the power over my decisions.

If I have 10 calories over and put say, "Aww so close, you'll do better tomorrow." I could pee my pants laughing! I mean 5 months ago I was eating who knows how many calories a day and steadily gaining weight. 10 calories over? I did a frigging WONDERFUL job!!

But I don't get my now smaller panties in a bunch because I know the comment comes from a good place and has great intentions behind it. See, it's our own individual thing.

^^^This^^^ - well said- :drinker:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought thi! I never comment on someones diary if they are that low. And when they skip breakfast I usually just put "Try not to skip breakfast next time."

So a blind WTG is worse than you re-inforcing a baseless disproven nutritional myth? This is why I don't want unsolicited advice on my diet.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    People are always leaving comments like that under my food diary updates even though my log isn't visible to anyone but me. It's annoying. I haven't logged any food or exercise lately just because I want to avoid people commenting on it. Maybe I'll just delete the frequent commentators.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    In this thread: People complain about really stupid shît.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I always look at the diary of my friends. I look at it as inspiration and it often makes me think twice about the Double Double I had for lunch from In N' Out. :laugh: With that said, I give true criticism and if it really does look like a great effort, awesome! If not, I'm like you, OP. Better luck tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

With that said, I keep my diary open and I notice my "bad days" never receive comment but my good days most certainly do! It can be inspiring. :bigsmile:
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the point!! It's not about nachos!! I ate nachos a few days ago! JEEZ!! lol Eat cookies all damn day if you want!! All I'm saying is that it annoys me that other people will comment on it saying how great of a job the person is doing when they aren't! That's like if your kid didn't study for a test and failed and you said "WAY TO GO!!! It's an accomplishment that you even showed up for the test!!!"

Whats wrong with eating nachos, get off your high horse.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Must.Have.Nachos.NOW!!

Gimme the naaaaachooooos!!
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My very first MFP rant. Feel free to get angry at me and have an entertaining internet battle.

I'm sorry but it irritates the heck out of me when I see someone finished their diary for the day and all they ate was a plate of 800 calorie nachos and everyone comments "Great job!!" and "Way to go!!". Seriously?!?!?! I see this crap EVERYDAY!!! I'm down for giving people moral support but I refuse to tell you good job if all you did was eat cookies all day. I am the person that will say "Don't worry, tomorrow is another day!!" Am I a meanie pants for that? Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? You guys know you've seen that before on here lol. WHY?!?!?!?! It bugs me!!!!!

I have a feeling people aren't really paying attention to the actual food log and are just trying to be supportive/encouraging.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

I see both all of the time. I never comment on peoples diaries. Mainly because I am too lazy to click and see everything they ate. I comment on work outs though! =)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Whats wrong with eating nachos, get off your high horse.

I hate all things delicious and awesome. DUH! Oh, and apparently I'm evil and judgmental so that could also explain my hatred of eating nachos.
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about the first part, I don't think it helps anyone to encourage them when they're not exactly doing well. But constructive criticism is always a plus. As far as the photo thing goes, I don't agree. Sometimes when people lose weight they gain a lot of confidence, and want to share it. It doesn't always show right off though. Take myself for example, I have lost 18 pounds, and can't see a difference anywhere. Even in the way my clothes fit. I dunno whats up, but I have still lost the weight. People get excited that they lose 20 pounds, maybe in their mind they can see a difference. Who are we to bring them down by saying "I don't see a difference".
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great job! WTG! You killed it!

You remind me a bit of Brock Lesnar hehe.

Holy shiz-nit Batman! I was just thinking the same thing! A man after my own heart. Brock, I mean lol!