What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• ncbecker13
    Options
    I've been told I look Jordanian and Israeli. I am actually Irish, German, Italian, and Norwegian. One of these times I had my hair covered by a scarf while in Jordan and I actually have a very ethnic profile because the bridge of my nose is very flat giving me a greco-roman look.
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    I've been told I look Jordanian and Israeli. I am actually Irish, German, Italian, and Norwegian. One of these times I had my hair covered by a scarf while in Jordan and I actually have a very ethnic profile because the bridge of my nose is very flat giving me a greco-roman look.

You're norwegian??
    Så bra!! Nå ble jeg glad!! :))
    Me too!! ????
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I get asked "Are you Irish?". All. The. Time. I have reddish-brown hair, greenish-blue eyes, fair skin, freckles, live in a predominantly Irish neighborhood in Chicago... but I'm not one bit Irish. I'm actually Polish, Bohemian & Galicean/Ukrainian... i.e. the other side of Europe. I do sometimes live it up on St. Paddy's when I'm offered free drinks at my neighborhood bars.... haha :)
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Dominican
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I am Australian but I lived with four Scottish girls for about a year and the accent is quite contagious, so I went hitch hiking around Australia and every time I got a ride people would ask me how long have I been in Australia and do I like it and I would answer born and been here my whole life...half of them thought I was lying.
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    People have thought I am Latin or Spanish. But I am 100% Italian!
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten - black, senegalese, masai,

I am: West Indian (Cubano+ Bajan+ Haitian+Irish+ Choctaw to name a few:glasses: i come from a VERY mixed background living in America,Who knew :wink:
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LO:love: VE this thread by the way
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I'm hispanic but have been asked several times if I'm Indian (from India not native american)
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    American
  • cmledwig
    cmledwig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My mom is Greek. My dad is a mix of a few different nationalities. None of which are hispanic. However, people always seem to think I am. Not that it bothers me. It could be a mix of the Greek and Chocktaw blood that does it.
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Im 3/4 black african 1/4 French Mauritian (hence my fair appearance) I always get mistaken for Italian, Greek, Portuguese n other European countries. Occasionally I'll also get Egyptian
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    On a 15 mile run, I passed some people competing in a half marathon, one of the guys (who was aware that I wasn't apart of the race) asked me how my Kenyan legs were... lol... I slowed down to his pace and told him I was actually Jamaican :-). While Im not running sometimes get mistaken for Trinidadian because of the accent.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a mut.

German, Italian, Norweigan, Indian.

Mostly people just see the italian.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My ethnicity is Russian, Italian, & Greek.

Everyone usually always gets at least 1 or 2 correct.

Guess i have some really strong @ss genes
    :laugh:
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a mutt.

British, Irish, Polish, German, Russian, etc. the list goes on.

And what do I often get mistaken for? Hispanic.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Cylon
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    asian, hawaiian
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Anything Hispanic, especially Puerto Rican.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Never been mistaken for any ethnicity. I'm Dutch and Irish. I have, however, been mistaken for a redneck and/or a racist, based on my appearance. Couldn't be further from the truth. I can't help the way I look.

So...don't make hasty judgements based on appearance. It's how a person acts and treats others that counts.