What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    FrauHaas---part German, a small Lithuanian percent, and the majority a 49ers fan! BOOM; that just happened!

LOL @Just_Scott

Not German at all - my husband's last name is Haas. :-) NO to Lithuanian; yes to 49ers. :-D

I'm actually Filipino, Hawaiian, Native American, Spanish, and a 'bunch of white stuff" (Welsh/Dutch/Irish).
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    People constantly mistake me for Beyoncé, and it is so annoying! I kid, I kid. But I do get a lot of people asking if I am Ethiopian or Panamanian. I am neither of those.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    People here in NZ often think I am German because of my accent. I'm not, I'm Swiss.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have never been "assumed" any nationality but when I tell people I have Italian and Scottish ancestry they're always like "OH! I totally see that in you".

I've lived my entire life in southwest Missouri, but people from my area AND people from other areas frequently ask me where I'm from originally or if I lived elsewhere for a long time. Nope! haha Many times I've been told I have a Northern accent, European sound, etc, when I speak. I am not sure why this is but I take all this stuff as a compliment. Better than sounding like a hillbilly any day.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Greek and Spanish. Mexican too.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    COuld you stand farther back? Geesh! Okay seriously this one is easy; small town (Oc) white dress wait I've got it ! Swiss-German on your father's side and Spanish on your beautiful mother's side! Nailed It!
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks I'm Lebanese/Arab and speaks Arabic to me. When I say sorry I don't speak Arabic, they usually think I'm Turkish of Bosnian!

No exciting ethnic background here, just Australian lol.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I am going to guess Australian.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    @Just_Scott you are hilarious!
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my skin was a little darker since I was outside a lot more and there were a lot of people who thought I was Mexican. I'd have neighbors constantly walk up to me speaking Spanish and I'd just look at them wide-eyed thinking they were crazy! lol

As an adult there have been a few instances where my friends' friends have thought I was hispanic of some sort...nope, just a simple white girl mutt...that's all...lol

I hail from Texas...but I'm a mix of German, Swiss-French, Choctaw Indian, Cherokee Indian, Irish, and maybe one or two other things I haven't quite figured out yet...
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I've gotten Greek, Lebanese, Indian and Russian.

I guess I have one of those faces. I get asked my ethnicity a lot.

I'm Aussie. My heritage is Italian/Serbian.
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm Filipino but people mistaken me for Japanese because of my long hair and *****y eyes. Lately, people think I'm some sort of Arabic or Indian (Muslim guy) because of my long beard and mustache.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I am half Italian half Mexican.

I get mistaken for Caucasian and Curtish (Arabic).

Light skin... fake blonde hair ;-)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    People think I'm Italian, Greek, Spanish, etc.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    all dark skins are not African Americans. But by society's laws they are. I'm Jamaican but hey, what's the difference?

Trini gyal here...I feel ya. :laugh:
  • gospelgirl89
    gospelgirl89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    as a kid I always got Brazilian. But I'm actually West Indian and African American
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    FrauHaas---part German, a small Lithuanian percent, and the majority a 49ers fan! BOOM; that just happened!

LOL @Just_Scott

Not German at all - my husband's last name is Haas. :-) NO to Lithuanian; yes to 49ers. :-D

I'm actually Filipino, Hawaiian, Native American, Spanish, and a 'bunch of white stuff" (Welsh/Dutch/Irish).

I would've guessed either Hawaiian or Native American... probably not the others so much though lol
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Filipino here and being mistaken for Chinese and Japanese is common...Somoene described me as a short Mexican lady though and I couldn't help but laugh! that was a first!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    People have asked if I'm Spanish. I'm half white half Sri Lankan. I can get quite tanned in the summer, when travelling in Australia I was mistaken for a native Australian.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you how many times ppl have told me "well you look white but there seems to be something else you got goin on" im like wtf :laugh: im almost completely puerto rican and ive got some french canadian in the mix