Push up Buddies!!!

Options
GOOD MORNING BUDDIES!!!!! :laugh: :drinker: :smooched: I'm sorry I forgot to post the link on Friday but here we are!!! I am starting from the very begining because I could only do 4 regular "good" push ups in my intial test. But that's okay I'll get better. I'm going to do the modified ones for now. I will do my set either here at work over lunch or at home tonight before dinner. Who started this morning??

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Great I am in. I started doing push-ups this morning....I need to get more toning done on the upper body.
    I am doing modified at this time but hope to move up to regulars ones in 2 weeks.
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I completely forgot until this morning to do the initial test. So, I'm going to be a day behind. Hope you don't mind.

I could only do 2 good push ups. So, I'm starting from the beginning. I am also doing the 200 sit ups and 200 squats challenges.

Good luck everyone!
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there push-up buddies!
    I'd just like to say that I'm pathetic. I didn't actually do the test this time, since I've started this before--just assumed I'd be starting where I was before, being able to do about 2 push-ups. Well, it seems now that I can barely even do 2 MODIFIED push-ups. :embarassed:

But I just did W1D1, modified, and my arms feel like jelly, but I am on my way. :drinker:

Good luck to everyone! If I did it, surely you can too! :laugh:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I forgot to post yesterday that I did my push ups! I even have my husband, son and BF doing them.

Actually I started with them last week so I'm a little bit ahead. I was crying on day 2 but I just want to say push through it and it won't be quite as bad the next few times. We are using muscles that forgot they even existed!

My son, young healthy & strong, had to start on week 3. I watched him do them yesterday and he was having trouble doing his last set. His arms were rock hard when he finished. Hopefully by the end of this hubby's arms will be really toned too! :):):)

One set at a time folks, one set at a time!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I started the pushup challenge yesterday!!! I used to do push ups everyday i can do 15 regular pushups consecutively!!! I am excited Good Luck.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    good morning buddies!!!! I did my push ups yesterday!!! I did W1D1 so I'll do day 2 tomorrow (it did say take a day between right??). Anyway thanks for coming on this journey with me!!! I am getting ready for a wedding on Saturday (i'm in it) and I want my arms to at least feel better since it will be to early to see any results.

What other workouts are people doing in conjunction with this?? How is your eating going??
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Hey Leshawn;

My exercise consists of walking on the treadmill or outside. I used to be able to jog for 30 min on the treadmill but could only go about 4 min today. My goal is to at least get back to that. My dream goal is to be able to run in the Komen Race for the Cure. Our local Run/Walk is always early May so I have plenty of time to get ready to do it. My mother is a 30 yr breast cancer survivor and my dear sister-in-law is fighting for her life.

I also bowl on Wednesday mornings. That's just something fun I do for me.

Just remember all movement counts!
  • katie517
    Options
    So I just finished W1D1 of 100 Push Ups, 200 Sit Ups and 200 Squats. The Sit Ups was the only one I started in the second column on.

Phew! To be honest, when I say the sets for the push ups I thought piece of cake. Yeah, right! I am jello-y all over. Good luck on Day 2!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Okay, so I did w1d2 here at work (yes my coworkers looked at me strange but who cares:laugh: :blushing: ) and my arms still feel tight. I did it about an hour ago. This is going to be really good when I'm up to 50 and 60 push ups consecutively!!! I'm trying to keep walking or doing yoga in addition to the push ups plus I lift weights too. I'm off to Chicago today for a wedding so I won't be back on here until Monday so you guys keep posting. I will still do my third day on Friday, I'll let you know how my arms feel when I get back. :drinker:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i was intimidated to enter this thread but let out a HUGE sigh of relief when i realized that everyone is just at an initial starting point as me! i can probbably do 1! how do i report. just count ine very daY?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    It did say on there that you can take a day off in between i do mon wed fri.!!
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    This morning I did W2D2 (26 in all). I'm already pleased with myself. I even bowled better today.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wait, what is this w1d2 business, is there a website for this, or a plan, someone please pass on the details
  • aeswan
    Options
    http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

It's a 3-day-a-week program to get you to be able to do 100 push ups at a time. We're just starting out--welcome!

I still have to do W1D2 today. Still feeling sore from Monday! :laugh: In a good way.
  • aeswan
    Options
    Just did W1D2, modified push-ups. So far so good. I hope I'm a little less sore tomorrow than I was yesterday!

Mamacindy, if you're aiming for a 5k, I highly recommend the Couch to 5k training program (google it). Much like the 100 push ups, you can start from nothing and work up.

Katie, good for you, doing the push-ups, sit-ups and squats all at once! I might have to consider adding the squats (for now I think my core is getting a pretty good work-out from the push ups :laugh: )

Leshawn, I'm impressed that you did yours at work! Way to go! :drinker:

Looking forward to more on Friday!
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Well since I started last week w/my husband I just finished W2D3 modified push ups.

Just a note you have to do another test after the week 2 ends. I guess I'll do it tomorrow sometime.
    My question is what if you still can't do as many consecutively as the first column says? I mean it says 16 to 20 in the header. I'm worried about that.

My husband had me get in the push up position on our digital scale. It said 61 lbs so he says that's the weight I am pushing up. I don't know if that is really so or not but if it is I think that is a lot!

Still can't do even one regular push up but I'm hoping to be able to at some point.
  • katie517
    Options
    W1D2 done and OUCH!

Actually, my abs were the most sore yesterday - probably due to the dual work they are doing with the push ups and sit ups.

It was rough going, but WE CAN DO THIS!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain this challenge to me, please?
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Hi April;

go to this link. You can read all about it and decide if you would like to join us. It's really a good plan for building strength.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/

Cindy

(sorry it took so long for someone to answer you)
  • aeswan
    Options
    We're working on the 100 push-up challenge from http://hundredpushups.com/index.html. Most of us just started this week, so welcome if you want to join us!

I just did W1D3, feeling stronger already! I did almost 8 (modified) push ups in the last set--the last one was pretty weak... but I'm definitely less sore than I was after day 1!

I'm really glad this thread is here, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done day 2 on Wednesday if I didn't have it. Thanks! :smooched:

Cindy, you should be able to do that number of modified push-ups--day 3 from week 2 was at least 30 (depending on how many you did in the last set), so I bet you can do 16 (or more!). I also am wondering how long it's going to take me to be able to do regular push-ups--I figure I'll do a few weeks with the modified ones, then try to start over at the beginning with regular ones. We'll see.

I'm off to visit the in-laws, so I won't be checking in for a few days, but will do W2D1 Monday. Have a nice weekend everyone!