Push up Buddies!!!

Options

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    http://www.hundredpushups.com/

This the link to the program we are following. The overall goal is to be able to do 100 pushups by the end of the program. WELCOME!!!!
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Leshawn, I like the new picture. You are so pretty!

Welcome cds2327 and hopeandfatih24!

I did my W3D2 of the push ups last night and the squats and sit ups this morning. The sit ups are getting easier. The push ups are about the same. But the squats are kicking my butt and thighs. It is probably because I run every other day. So, my legs are getting twice the work out.

After finishing the Couch to 5K program, I realized that I really can do anything. These push ups/squats/sit ups will be no exception. All I need is a little direction and that inner voice pushing me.

Keep it up ladies!
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have not been very good this week either.... I missed Wednesday, when I was supposed to start w3. I just finished the first 4 sets of W3D1, and... I don't think I can do any more right now, and I'm supposed to do at least 17. :noway: Not feeling my greatest today--I'm suffering from a migraine hangover, so I may just do that one over again tomorrow or Sunday. So, Leshawn (LOVE the new pic, by the way!), I'm still with you! As in, behind! But at least we're still going, slow as it may be. :laugh:

Katie, you are an inspiration! I'm also a runner, started most recently doing C25K last fall when I began really trying to get back in shape, after weaning my "baby" (who was about 15 months old) and I was still carrying around 20 extra pounds. Running really helped me lose about 15 lbs, still working on the last 5. So, I actually did the squats test the other day, and stopped after 50 (not from exhaustion)... thinking now that maybe I should consider adding the sit ups instead, since there's clearly a pretty big difference between the strength of my upper body vs. lower, and the abs are what tie it all together!

OK, I just went and did another set of push ups (it's been about 8 minutes since the last set, a *little* more than the recommended 60 seconds :laugh:) and I managed 15. Almost there. But now I'm going to bed. :yawn:

Welcome newbies! I hope you'll join us--the more the merrier! :flowerforyou:
  • katie517
    Options
    Finished Week 3 this morning. I think I lost a little momentum waiting so long to do Day 3.

I will start Week 4 tomorrow evening. - Not quite a day rest, but I want to try to get back on schedule.

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey buddies!!! Thanks for the compliments on the pic!!!:blushing: Yeah, I'm still off on my days so I start w4 on wednesday. I'm not sure how I got off, but I'm starting to see some physical changes so I'm excited about that.

I finally went and bought my digital scale for food, however its still sitting in the box doing me a lot of good :laugh: :laugh: !!! I'll get it out tonight and tell you all about it tomorrow!!

Katie, I think I'm going to start the squats or situp challenge next week. I'll let you know which one I choose.

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    So i just did the exhaustion test after week 2 and i was able to do 27 pushups!!!
  • aeswan
    Options
    So i just did the exhaustion test after week 2 and i was able to do 27 pushups!!!

Good for you!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • aeswan
    Options
    OK, still behind here, and still not feeling great--this headache has been with me all weekend. But I'm trying to drink TONS of water today, and I did W3D2, but went back to column 1 instead of column 2. Still challenging, but a lot more doable. I did 15 in the last set (min was 12).

Leshawn, get that scale out! It makes a big difference! But do as I say, not as I do :laugh: --I have not been logging my food and not eating well. :embarassed:

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • leshawnturner
    Options

EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Great job!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

I will get my food scale out, especially since I got on the scale sunday and I'm down 1lb!!! I want to keep going in that direction so I need to do the right thing. It's just so hard to remember to get it out and measure. I can do it though!!!

Today I finish week 3 and tomorrow I'll start week 4. I'm so excited because my sister said she can see a difference in my arms and when we did the push up segement in our workout today I was the only one who could do the whole segement!!! Yay!!!!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Thank You those were manly to!!!. Congrats to you to. It's exciting when you start seeing results! I am finally down to 119.2 this morning i am so excited i haven't been this small in awhile. I noticed the other day that i always have to hide my stomach its not very big but i feel like it is and i finally didn't hvae to do that. it was amazing!!! Well good luck.
  • aeswan
    Options
    I'm going to zumba tonight, but I'm going to go do W3D3 right now, before I go, because last time I did zumba, I was too tired for push ups afterwards. Then I'll be starting W4 tomorrow--still on the same schedule as you, Leshawn. Congrats on the 1 lb loss!! I find losing weight at this time of year very difficult--more or less just trying to maintain until after New Years. :laugh:
  • katie517
    Options
    Did W4D1 this morning I think I may have to move back to column 1 for the sit ups. It isn't that my abs hurt, but I don't seem to have the energy. Of course, the last few times I did them it was in the morning before I ate anything. I will do D2 tomorrow night and see if that makes a difference.

I still struggle with the manly push ups, but I'm sticking to it. The squats are getting easier - Yay!

A little extra motivation this week - When doing your push ups, just think of how many full-blown push ups our veterans have done and our current soldiers are doing! Push yourself in tribute to them! :drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Alright, I'm on d2w4 today!!! Yeah me!!!! My nutritionist said she could see the difference in my shoulders even through my t-shirt!!!! I tell her all about MFP and she said she recommends it to her clients because I'm so enthusiatic about it!!

katie - good job doing the manly push ups. I'm still doing the modified (on my knees), but I will probably do the challenge again after I'm finished and will try to do the manly ones then.

aeswan - I do zumba on Saturdays!!! You are right about trying to get in your push ups afterwards is too hard. I tried doing my push ups after doing the firm one night and thought I was going to die!!!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Good Job. So I did d2w3 last night and i am supposed to be in the third group but whenever i get to more sometimes its hard for me to finish. What shoudl I do just take longer time?
  • aeswan
    Options
    jdavis, I often take more than the recommended amount of time between sets... I think that helps, but I don't really know how it affects the results. It's also OK to repeat a week if necessary. I started out week 3 in column 2, but moved back to column 1 because it was a little too hard for me. I think at this point I'm going to finish out the 6 weeks in column 1, then go back and start over, either with regular push ups in column 1, or maybe modified ones in column 2. We'll see.

I'm just checking in here to post my intention to start week 4 this afternoon (make me more likely to get to it :happy: ) Monday I did W3D2, then 3 (20-min) yoga workouts, which I hadn't done for ages (involved a lot of bridge pose for some reason, and my shoulders hadn't moved that way for far too long :laugh: ), then Tuesday W3D3 and zumba, and I my shoulders were TOO sore yesterday to do anything, so I opted for a day off.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    jdavis - I usually take a little longer than the recommended time too. I don't think I'm hurting my results by doing so. I still max out at a decent number for my area. I repeated week 2(in the second column) before I went on to week 3. I'm doing okay in week 4 but I will see how progress test goes to see if I can move on...
  • aeswan
    Options
    Wow, I just printed out week 4--it looks hard! :noway: :laugh:
    But here goes...
  • katie517
    Options
    Did W4D2 last night. Doing it at night made all the difference! I definitely had more energy to complete all of the sets. Maxing out on the push ups was a little wobbly though.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I was supposed to do w4d2 yesterday but my arms were too tired after my FIRM workout (52 min of circuit training). So I'm doing it now at work. I think my coworkers are used to seeing me do this so I no longer get the odd stares. :laugh: Have a great weekend buddies!!!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I love the firm!!! Are you back able to do it? I just decided that I don't care if I stop once When I am done with it i am going to go back through adn do it again. Just for the workout.