Working out during period (for ladies)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I just do it. Pain is usually over by the first day... just uncomfortableness throughout the week... and bloating. Yuck. But I'd rather work out than not at all. :D
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I work out exactly the same as i would do any other week, sometimes its hard as i train in kickboxing and mma, and body shots seem to come a lot sharper when sparring. However I would say i am quiet fortunate with periods and never really suffered like i know some ladies do. My downfall for me is i just get ravenous and want to eat all the sweet crap i can find
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I get super debilitating fatigue and cramps during my period--to the point where the only thing that helps the pain is a vicodin. I literally cannot stand upright, i'm going out of both ends every half hour, etc. I also get migraines--sometimes unrelated to PMS or periods, but I almost ALWAYS get one during my period. And I tell you what, if you've never had a migraine count your blessings. There is no "pushing through a migraine". Anyone who gets them knows exactly what I mean.

When it is that bad, i absolutely don't work out. I can't even get out of bed on those days let alone work out. But after the excruciating pain passes, or if I manage to catch it early enough with advil and can keep it from getting to the excruciating point, I do try to keep working out, even if it is a little less vigorous than normal. If i can't run for half an hour, I walk fast for a half hour instead. I just do what I can. I've been like this since I started getting periods when I was 12, so I"m used to it. I'm just thankful I'm finally regular now (took me 12 years...), and that I can at least predict when the pain is going to come, and occasionally catch it before it's bad! If the cramps start during the day, I can start taking advil immediately every 4 hours and keep them at bay. But if they start in the middle of the night, that's the end. The pain will wake me up when it's excruciating and then there is nothing I can do but lay and cry until it passes--usually takes about 24-36 hours for them to ease. Being a girl is inconvenient sometimes...*sigh* lol
  • Jessicas183
    Options
    Well if I comes once a month I sit and have a long talk with God and beg him to make it once every 2 months (as it used to be like that). If once every 2 months then I just carry on as normal :)
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    day one of period today and i rather not work out!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I work out the same, but I feel as though things are inflamed and swollen. I start feeling like I've already been lifting.

And the water gain, dear og! Gah.