Men: Best way to approach YOU at the gym.....

Options

Replies

• Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is this: Anything you say will be fine .. if there's an attraction. Guys aren't picky like girls. We don't get handed lines often, so when we do, no matter how cheesy the line, it's cute because it's so damn rare! . .

Guys are flattered when a girl initiates contact. .

NOTE; I'm seeing the world through the prism of my own experience and none of my guy friends are douchbags. .so if you happen to be going after that douchbag guy in the gym. . well. . I have no knowledge or understanding of how guys like that think or act.

I have pretty good judgement picking out the douchbags! LOL The ones I would be interested in talking to, I have already made a mental note on acts of kindness they have portrayed at the gym. :smile:
  • KINGoftheBUFF
    KINGoftheBUFF Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Hey.. Is that a mirror in your pants.. cuz I can totally see myself in them " :tongue:
    lol...As long as we are still in the squat rack.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    haha! you are funny. . . "not hitting on". . Every one of those is a LINE! Probably used on YOU by dudes!

YES!!! I was thinking exactly the same, when I read these. And how can you seriously tell a guy you think he is good looking and go so far as to say he would be an actor if in Hollywood and not expect it to be perceived as you hitting on him?

As for me..... I am there to work out and so never approach guys or girls. I'll talk to someone casually, if there is a purpose but I don't chit chat and tend to get annoyed when people try to do it with me in the weight room. So, I won't interfere with a guy's workout.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Turning up my headset and going back to the squat rack.

And THIS!
  • chrisbcreme1
    chrisbcreme1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @MaryAly with you being married... what do you hope to gain out of approaching this guy? Phone Number ? or just flirty convo? :p But yea with me... Girls initiate usually give me the usual ego boost. Normal conversations outside of weight lifting are good, but also asking about advice on weight lifting works well too because it makes us feel like we are experts (even though we may not be lol).
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    @MaryAly with you being married... what do you hope to gain out of approaching this guy? Phone Number ? or just flirty convo? :p But yea with me... Girls initiate usually give me the usual ego boost. Normal conversations outside of weight lifting are good, but also asking about advice on weight lifting works well too because it makes us feel like we are experts (even though we may not be lol).

Only hoping to gain more knowledge about lifting, that's all! Look, there are hardly any women that go in that section. And the 2 that do, I wouldn't even ask them about hair products, let alone lifting. They look like very miserable, unhappy women. Eventually, as I start to lift heavier, I'm gonna need a spot from time to time. I would only like to come off as friendly to the ones who are regulars, that's all. I'm shy, very hard for me to initiate normal conversation let alone asking for direct contact. Plus, because I'm married, I never thought it was ok to talk to men at the gym. However, I have guy friends at work. And yes we joke, we flirt, but in no way do I like any of them romantically!!! Would never cross the line! But, talking about just THAT interest, working out, IS in fact ok. I also wear my wedding ring to the gym, so me being married and my true intentions will always be put out there.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    haha! you are funny. . . "not hitting on". . Every one of those is a LINE! Probably used on YOU by dudes!

YES!!! I was thinking exactly the same, when I read these. And how can you seriously tell a guy you think he is good looking and go so far as to say he would be an actor if in Hollywood and not expect it to be perceived as you hitting on him?

totally

just say hello
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    As a somewhat introverted fellow, I'd be taken aback if any woman approached me and asked me anything but a strictly excercise related question while in the gym.

However, I'd likely open up and go on and on and on and on and on (because I'm in to excercising) about anything you asked about...(but I obviously wouldn't cross any line since I'm married.)

^THIS^^

I was going to write my own answers to how I'd respond to each question, but this pretty much sums it up.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    . I also wear my wedding ring to the gym, so me being married and my true intentions will always be put out there.

ha ha

you say to some guy you dont know "you are the best looking guy in the gym"? the wedding ring only makes you "safe" and your pick up line are your true intentions...come on
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A. I'm curious about your tattoos, what is their meaning? (if not self explanatory)

Go!

Obviously I am a huge fan of this, not just in the gym and not just from women (happily married and she is tattooed as well). People with large amounts of work usually spent a lot of thought, time, and money to exhibit lifelong art. i dont like talking about what people should or shouldnt be doing in the gym, everyone is different. But i never tire of talking about the most impotant cosmetic decision I have ever made.

^THIS as well^

I love when I get the chance to explain my thoughts in regards to my ink. Sometimes it's less about talking about my tattoos then it is talking to someone who can talk about them. There are still soooo many individuals in this world that stare with a look of fear or hatred in their eyes.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    . I also wear my wedding ring to the gym, so me being married and my true intentions will always be put out there.

ha ha

you say to some guy you dont know "you are the best looking guy in the gym"? the wedding ring only makes you "safe" and your pick up line are your true intentions...come on

"Well, the last one was kind of a "funny" but no, I didn't intend for any of the others to sound like a line. As I stated in my OP, I'm not good at this. This is why I asked the opinions of other guys here before I made a fool of myself and asked these questions to guys inside the gym world. "

^^This is what I posted yesterday on that last one. It was a "funny".
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options

totally

just say hello
    Agreed. If someone came up to me and said anything along the lines of the "tattoo meaning" or "so good looking you should be on TV", I would absolutely assume I'm being hit on.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    C. Would you be able to spot me sometime?

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "but I'm doing bench press"
    "so spot me maybe?"

I'm gonna have this stuck in my head now. thanks.
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    I just make eye contact and give like a smirky smile.....it seems like that gives them the green light. At least that's what has worked for me.
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    I just make eye contact and give like a smirky smile.....it seems like that gives them the green light. At least that's what has worked for me.

You can approach me anytime
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    try these same lines on your husband and ask him which one you should try with strange men at the gym

. should be interesting
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    C. Would you be able to spot me sometime?

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "but I'm doing bench press"
    "so spot me maybe?"

:laugh: omg I'm dying.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    try these same lines on your husband and ask him which one you should try with strange men at the gym

. should be interesting

my post seems to have made you a bit angry.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

. should be interesting

my post seems to have made you a bit angry.

not at all....
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just walk up behind me and grab my *kitten*...