Ladies! I need some opinions!

Options
123457»

Replies

• PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The injection made me gain weight & I felt crappy. I now have Evra stick on patches
    http://www.orthoevra.com/is-patch.html
    works well for me
    :smile:
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the paraguard IUD. I really enjoy it. I had a lot of spotting in the first month or so after getting it put in and my cramps were bad because I just naturally have bad cramps. I don't have to worry about it for 10 years and there are no hormones involved because its just a copper IUD. I really like it. I have issues with taking hormones since they cause blood clots for me so I can't take anything hormonal anymore. I did enjoy the ring when I was on that before I got the blood clots.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is just my experience, and it's pretty rare, so take it with a grain of salt. I just feel it's worth mentioning. I was on Yaz birth control and ended up in the hospital with a Pulmonary Embolism. Actually, I had several clots in BOTH lungs - I think the term was "multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli". Scary stuff. This was just last year, I was only 20 when it happened, and I could have easily died. So yeah, when you see those commercials about Yaz causing blood clots, it's no joke! I have to be on a blood thinning medication from now on and get my blood taken every 2 weeks to make sure my levels are normal. Yaz completely changed my life, I never ever recommend it to anyone.

On another note, I have Implanon now and I like it a lot. It's the little rod that they insert into your arm and it's there for 3 years. It's extremely effective, I don't have to worry about remembering to take a pill, and I almost never have periods anymore! It hurt a little bit to have it inserted but I think it was worth it. :)

I also had a pulmonary embolism while on the nuvaring. I was in the hospital for 5 days and on blood thinners for 3 months thankfully instead of for the rest of my life. The risk of getting blood clots from hormones increases with obesity. This happened to me in January.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I am on the low estrogen generic Alesse and I love it! I didn't want to take BC at first because I was terrified of gaining weight, but I just really don't like condoms and I decided a couple pounds gain was better than a pregnancy. I love mine, I have no side effects whatsoever, and I don't think I gained weight. (I didn't have a scale when I started taking it so I don't know for sure.) I know a couple people who got the shot, it made them gain weight and one of them made her acne worse. I will never get the shot because if something goes wrong with my pill, I can just stop taking the pill. But I can't make the shot go away.
  • adawndowning
    Options
    If you want super effective birth control you don't have to worry about you need to either go with IUD or implant. I had the implant for 3 years and it was great.