Women: How much do you lift?

Options

Replies

• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me happy :) So glad to hear I'm not the only girl out there that lifts like a man!
  • KitchenAbs
    KitchenAbs Posts: 75
    Options
    I just finished Stage One of New Rules of Lifiting for Women. I'm only small and starting from scratch so my weights aren't too heavy.

Squat : 37.5kg
    Deadlift: 30kg
    Wide-lat pulldown: 27kg
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    I just finished Stage One of New Rules of Lifiting for Women. I'm only small and starting from scratch so my weights aren't too heavy.

Squat : 37.5kg
    Deadlift: 30kg
    Wide-lat pulldown: 27kg

every woman in the world..should read that book :heart:
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Killed my traps on Monday when I did the Javorek complex @ 50lbs. I like to workouts where I don't have to put the weights down and do all the lifts in sequence and then rest.

Javorek Complex
    Upright rows x 6
    Snatch x 6
    Squat Press x 6
    Good Mornings x 6
    Bent over rows x 6
    Rest
    Repeat
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Squats: 4X20 at 60-70 lbs
    Overhead Presses 3X15 at 30 lbs
    Lunges: 4X20 at 40 lbs

(I also do bench presses, upright rows, lat rows, curls, tricep presses, barbell step-ups, planks, traditional ab work)

My primary goal is muscle endurance for long hikes with a heavy pack, so these long sets with moderate weight get me where I want to go.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Among other things:

Squat: 3x8x110
    Deadlift: 3x10x130
    Step-Up w/ Knee Drive: 3x10x60

Getting there slowly but surely! :smile:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Dumbell Lunges- 60 (legs can def. do more but my child sized hands couldn't hold the weight the whole time.)

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem! My hands aren't small but long and skinny and they limit me in my lunges, deadlifts, and even my seated rows sometimes! I am hoping that they get stronger with the rest of me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Squat 5 x 5 @ 100
    Deadlift 4 x 8 @ 85
    Sumo Deadlift 4 x 8 @ 85
    Lat pull Down 4 x 8 @ 80
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Squats: 4X20 at 60-70 lbs

20 squats a set??? I think I would cry lol.
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    I wish some of you ladies went to my gym..I am the ONLY woman doing weights this heavy...women look at me funny..and so do the men...like I have some super freak human power or something! hahaha

Sometimes..I wish I could turn green..just to freak everyone out.:blushing:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll be fussed at because I don't know what every lift is called. I just try to mix up different things my trainer has shown me in the past and hit my biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, and legs. I typically do 3 sets of 12 reps for each lift, and I do this 2X/week:

Biceps: 15lbs each arm and 30lbs curls on the pulley machine thingie :ohwell:
    Triceps: 15lbs behind my head lifting up and 30lbs pulling down on the pulley machine thingie
    Chest press (?): 15lbs in each hand
    Back & Shoulders: 10lb bent rows (my back is weak, working on strengthening it), hands on top of the bar and then hands under the bar
    Legs: 55lbs extending my legs and 55lbs bending my legs, plus lots of lunges and squats just using body weight

I really should get my trainer to tell me exactly what I'm doing, and I would love to get some advice!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Bench press 110lbs 3 x 10 (but I'm ready to up this)
    Incline chest press - 70 lbs 3 x 10
    Barbell curls are at 50lbs 3x10
    Deadlifts 160 lbs 3 x 5
    Squats 150 lbs 3 x 10

Leg press working weight is between 730lbs & 820lbs but a couple weeks ago I hit 1000lbs 1x4 & 1x3 -- my legs are getting incredibly strong.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I wish some of you ladies went to my gym..I am the ONLY woman doing weights this heavy...women look at me funny..and so do the men...like I have some super freak human power or something! hahaha

the gym I go to - I am for sure not the strongest woman there - it's always nice to have someone that is throwing up numbers like you or better than you
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Squat - 4x4-155lb On a damn good day.
    4x4-135lb On a normal day

Deadlift- 6x4-200lb

Wide leg press 6x3- 450lb
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i started at less than 10lbs in february.. (10lbs was "omggg so heavy") but i now lift 45lbs for overhead and 55lbs for the 2 delt machines (one is for biceps and chest and 1 is triceps) and chest press i'm on like 35lbs but that's my latest machine.

the thigh machines (hip abductor and the other one) i usually do 80-95lbs, i alternate between sets.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options

the gym I go to - I am for sure not the strongest woman there - it's always nice to have someone that is throwing up numbers like you or better than you

I would venture to say I am the weakest girl who is brave enough to venture to the weights side of my gym, but I haven't been at it for very long. I will admit to feeling proud to see a guy squating the same weight as me yesterday, but my form was way better! And he was with a personal trainer, what a waste of money if the guy wasn't going to teach him right!
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Squat - 4x4-155lb On a damn good day.
    4x4-135lb On a normal day

Deadlift- 6x4-200lb

Wide leg press 6x3- 450lb

DAMN :) Brilliant!!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My favorite pic today is from the "Diet and Exercise Mistakes That Age You" ~> You Pretend to Be Allergic to Dumbbells

5-aging.jpg

So glad they're promoting women's strength training. :grumble:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and weigh 160lbs. I have been crossfitting for 7 months.

Back Squat: 175#
    Dead Lift: 185#
    Overhead Squat: 105#
    Push Press: 105#
    Clean and Jerk: 105#
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Bench press 110lbs 3 x 10 (but I'm ready to up this)
    Incline chest press - 70 lbs 3 x 10
    Barbell curls are at 50lbs 3x10
    Deadlifts 160 lbs 3 x 5
    Squats 150 lbs 3 x 10

Leg press working weight is between 730lbs & 820lbs but a couple weeks ago I hit 1000lbs 1x4 & 1x3 -- my legs are getting incredibly strong.

Quality numbers!!