Women: How much do you lift?

Options

Replies

• LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's hard to decipher the weights at my gym. I go to the rec centre, and a lot of the plates on the machines are numbered as 1/2/3/4/5/etc, but do not specify weight. Some are in kg, some are in lbs. I'm also not going very heavy with free weights on lower body, right now; my leg muscles could probably take a LOT more, but I'm waiting on shoulder surgery and so I can't bear a lot of weight held by my upper body. I'll attempt to get the weights right, here:

-My tricep pulldowns (with rope) are on the #6 plate. I know that I'm well past 30 lbs, so I think these are 5 kg plates. That makes it 30 kg/66 lbs for 6-8 rep sets.

-I'm getting into plie squats, because they're easier to maintain a centre of balance with, by lowering a dumbbell down between my knees. I hefted a 25 kg/55 lb dumbbell for 8-10 reps sets, but I think I do a fair bit more.

-Deads and Good mornings are something like 74 lbs, I think. I'm not sure of the exact weight of the bar in the power rack. If it's a men's Olympic bar, then it's 20 kg/44 lbs. I add 30 lbs of plates. reps are 6-8 per set.

-I do lower back on a back extension machine (I hate it, and want a damned hyperextension bench, but I must work with what I got), and my lower back is super strong: I do 200 lbs at 10-12 reps per set. I'd go higher on weights and lower on reps, but lower back is one of those things that you feel fully after a delay.

Lower than a lot of others' stats here, but I have a ton of muscle. I also have a ton of fat that I'm still carrying around, so I wonder if that offsets the amount of weight I can lift (because some of my own weight is already built in....?)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Suuure but they aren't very impressive! But I'm still happy they are going up.

Squats: 95lb
    Bench Press: 55lb
    Overhead Press: 45lb
    Bent-over Row: 60lb
    Deadlift: 100lb

I am doing 3x5 on all of those except dead lift which I am only doing 1x5. And it's kinda funny that my deadlift and squats are almost the same lol. It's because I've been doing squats a lot longer than I've been doing deadlifts So I'm sure over time those numbers will... disperse more.

Hey, don't be down on yourself! Putting 25 lb plates on the bar for the 95lb squat is a big deal! (at least I thought so!) :)

oh yes, me too! lol. I felt so cool using the bigger plates.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Wow thank you so much. It's nice to share this stuff in a place that people actually care to hear about it!
    I am 5'3 140lbs

I bench press 185
    I deadlift 285
    i squat 185 (working on it)
    I can curl 45db's for reps
    Reverse grip bench 135

working on my strength everyday!

I'm SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED!!!
    You are my new role model girl! :drinker:

images4.jpg
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you so much. It's nice to share this stuff in a place that people actually care to hear about it!
    I am 5'3 140lbs

I bench press 185
    I deadlift 285
    i squat 185 (working on it)
    I can curl 45db's for reps
    Reverse grip bench 135

working on my strength everyday!

I'm SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED!!!
    You are my new role model girl! :drinker:

images4.jpg

Ha, Im glad you didn't think I was sarcastic, I just love that meme and it totally works bc you are a total BAD *kitten*!
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    It gave me a good laugh
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 5x295, 1x 325
    bench press 1x 135
    Shoulder Press 1 x 100
    Back Squat 5x 195, 1x 225
    Front Squat 1x 185
    Overhead squat 1 RM 145
    Snatch 1 RM 125

looking to destroy my snatch max in an hour and a half at my workout today (fingers crossed)
    woahhhh!!! some serious badass-ery going on here!!!! :drinker: :smokin:
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    make that snatch 1RM 135 instead of 125... As of last night I finally pushed past that barrier!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    make that snatch 1RM 135 instead of 125... As of last night I finally pushed past that barrier!

Congrats! You have some serious numbers there! Awesome job!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll be fussed at because I don't know what every lift is called. I just try to mix up different things my trainer has shown me in the past and hit my biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, and legs. I typically do 3 sets of 12 reps for each lift, and I do this 2X/week:

Biceps: 15lbs each arm and 30lbs curls on the pulley machine thingie :ohwell:
    Triceps: 15lbs behind my head lifting up and 30lbs pulling down on the pulley machine thingie
    Chest press (?): 15lbs in each hand
    Back & Shoulders: 10lb bent rows (my back is weak, working on strengthening it), hands on top of the bar and then hands under the bar
    Legs: 55lbs extending my legs and 55lbs bending my legs, plus lots of lunges and squats just using body weight

I really should get my trainer to tell me exactly what I'm doing, and I would love to get some advice!

Biceps: they are both curls
    Triceps: Tricep overhead press and pull-down
    Dumbbell chest press
    Bent over rows sounds right
    Leg extension and hamstring curl

THANK YOU!!!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    posting on this for later!

Soooo Impressed at you all ladies! Bad *kitten* doesn't do you justice.

Now.. I started at the gym this week - so my barbie weights are out of service now (they're grey by the way). But I started at 20-30kg on the machines after induction as a tester, I wasn't sore other than my chest area the next day so think I'm ready to start 5x5. I've been doing classes this week as a tester but only one weight class had me enjoying it to be honest. low weights / high reps just got boring in the end. lol

So.. 5x5 here I come and look forward to clocking up numbers and losing body fat (which I have a lot of).
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mars728
    mars728 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5' 1". About 117 lbs.

I bench 65-70. (I need practice I know)
    Squat 145
    Leg press about 250.
    Lat pull 70 lb 10x -3 reps

Is this good?
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i have some 5 lb ers i do at home, pretty much just started. i call em my baby bells lol and no i cannot name ****! lol i just do what i remember from Tae Bo and some other workout videos lol
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    265lb deadlift x 2
    180lb bench press x 3
    130lb power clean x 3
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Lower body work (squats, lunges, split squats) 50 lbs

Upper body between 10 and 15 lbs
  • botello89
    botello89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Started feb 1.
    I'm 5 - 2. at 157lbs

Bench (Chest) Press, Machine - 50lb usually 4-5 reps of 20
    Leg Extension - 50lb usually 5-6 reps of 10
    Hip Adduction - 110lb usually 2 reps of 50
    Hip Abduction - 120lb usually 2 reps of 50
    Pulldown - 50lbs usually 3 reps of 15 or 2 of 25 or 1 of 50
    Seated Leg Curl - 50lbs usually 5-6 reps of 10
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Used to be more but I slacked off, lost strength, and deloaded.

Don't know my 1RMs anymore. Used to be 100 squat, 85 bench, 160 deadlift.

Yesterday's 5x5 I did 140 on deads, and 65 on squats and bench.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    love all these lifter ladies.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I do StrongLifts 5x5 + some extra stuff. From the latest workout:

Bench Press, Barbell: 50.8kg (112lbs)
    Squat: 93.4kg (205.9lbs)
    Barbell Row, Bent-over: 36.7kg (80.9lbs)
    Shoulder Shrug: 32kg (70.5lbs)
    Overhead Press, Barbell: 36.9kg (81.3lbs)
    Clean Deadlift: 69.7kg (153.6lbs)
    Triceps Extension: 15.6kg (34.4lbs)
    Biceps Curl: 25.6kg (56.4lbs)

Squat and bench press are slowly getting more challenging. As for everything else, they aren't that hard - yet.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    BUMP