I'm so old...

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I remember wearing my velour top to the skating rink and having my smile comb tucked into my back pocket. I can hear Queen's Another one Bites the Dust still in my head....

I think I love your memory. Another one bites the dust and rollerskating at the rink go hand in hand!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I remember busy signals!

And don't forget party lines!

I so remember the party lines!!! I owned an atari.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Getting up to change the channels on the TV, and having to use pliers because the knob broke. LOL.
    Yup!
  • babygurl48
    Options
    I remember wearing my velour top to the skating rink and having my smile comb tucked into my back pocket. I can hear Queen's Another one Bites the Dust still in my head....

I think I love your memory. Another one bites the dust and rollerskating at the rink go hand in hand!

This too!!
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    and I was making 50 cents and hour pumping gas
  • babygurl48
    Options
    bonanza
    i love lucy
    the honeymooners
    the waltons
    and saturday morning cartoons (electric company, mr rogers, and captain kangaroo)

I loved electric company!!

all of the above!!!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Atari was the coolest thing ever invented and when I finally turned 16, gas was only $0.89 per gallon. Those were the days!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Yes! My feet still want to skate when I hear that song!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Getting up to change the channels on the TV, and having to use pliers because the knob broke. LOL.

Omg!! LoL!!! I didn't know anyone else had to use pliers!!!

Mine: seeing all the great shows as originals not reruns: Bonanza, Laugh In, sonny and cher show and ed sullivan! Oh and The rifleman! He was soooo cute!!
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    8 Track Tapes was awesome when I was in High School!
  • LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I sat on the floor of the car and melted crayons on the exposed metal that attached the seat belt to the car frame while the car was moving. Pfft! No one used seat belts. Ours didn't even retract.

I rode my bike without a helmet through my neighborhood without a parent.

I went to a huge blow out party to celebrate the country's bicentennial in my elephant leg pants and halter top.

My first cell phone was in a bag the size of a briefcase with a handset that took two hands to hold.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I tried to record my favorite songs (on a cassette tape) off the radio w/out the DJ interrupting.
  • zevduv
    zevduv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Double sided Double density...I just got chills looking at that pic and thinking of statistics class!