Any pitbull owners out there?

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Here are my viscous baby eaters:

Nala and Rampage (when Rampage was a Puppy)

rampage3.jpg

Nala with a human femur:

nala5.jpg

Nala in viscous human attack mode:

nala2.jpg

Rampage just before he attacks you:

rampage1.jpg

I was taken to the hospital right after she attacked me in this pic:

nala1.jpg

So scary:

nala3.jpg

Kidding aside, I <3 Pitbulls. Best family dogs EVER!

Post pics of yours!

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    One of mine is a pit/greyhound mix. I love all dogs and am lucky enough to work with them.

I have never met an aggressive pit bull. Or doberman, german shepherd or rottie either. However I know several mean and out of control small dogs(15 lbs and under).

I just posted something on my fb page about another attack caused by a 4 yr old being alone and getting into a neighbors yard, dogs are not born aggressive, people are born stupid.

Your babies are beautiful:happy:

Add me as a friend if you want, my dogs have a fb page of their own. lol.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have 2 girls
    <<<<< see profile pic.
    Mine are great with kids (actually people of all ages).
    Both of them think they can fit on your lap and the darker one is a complete "affection *kitten*"
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh. Thanks for sharing your baby pics : )
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

They always aim for your face and neck!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

I'm a dog person tho I like the tiny ones :)
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pit bull. Wish I did. But I LOVE the pictures of yours. I love all dogs and I'm very much against breed discrimination
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I regularly volunteer at a local animal shelter and we have tons of pits. They are great, sweet, gentle dogs.

Any breed of dog can have aggressive tendencies. Pits are not any more or any less likely to be aggressive than any other breed.

I forgot to add, your dogs are adorable!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I love them! They look like TOTAL killers to me. ((rolling eyes))
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Your Rampage looks an awful lot like my Juliet, who's a pit/American Bulldog mix. She's white with black spots :)
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I work as a receptionist at a vet clinic and I see every dog that walks in the door, I get the opportunity to spend time with them while they wait and I love me some Pits!!

I will happily love on a Pit all day long without hesitation BUT bring in a chihuahua, cocker spaniel, poodle or a terrier and I'll ask the owner before I approach.
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    I have one, although right now i do not have a pic of her. My husband and I rescued her from the KC, MO pitbull rescue. Her name is Star and she is like my daugher..add a little bit of baby, and maybe-just maybe she wishes she were a "sister-wife".
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but my neighbor across the hall does. Yesterday, I saw them outside when I got home from work and Lexi (the dog) was practically strangling herself to get to me (she was on a leash). When they finally walked over, she slobbered all over my feet and was jumping up trying to lick my face. Obviously, a vicious creature. :tongue:
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Here's Remington!! (Remy)

photo07241229.jpg

so mean and scary with his blankie (he is 7 1/2 months old)

42724310150624725940115.jpg

so itty bitty when we got him, only 6.4lbs, now up to 49 and still growing!

photo05190756.jpg

the crazy face I wake up to every morning!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    They r gorgeous !!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

They always aim for your face and neck!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

I'm a dog person tho I like the tiny ones :)

my Pitbull will aim for any place he can lick you... and maybe do a little excited pee on ur foot!! I have a small frame and I walk him almost daily (he has a lead that keeps him from pulling) and the only time he tries to pull is when he thinks he sees someone who might want to pet him. We visit the nursing home where I work, and they love him there!
    He does not even bark or pay attention to other dogs on our street, I'm not sure he even knows he's a dog, and he definately doesn't realize he's big.

I have 2 girls
    <<<<< see profile pic.
    Mine are great with kids (actually people of all ages).
    Both of them think they can fit on your lap and the darker one is a complete "affection *kitten*"

mine also thinks that he is a lap dog, and he is very much an attention *kitten*, if me n my hubby try to cuddle, Remy will try to get in between, and he brings he thinks he has to put his slobbery toys on my leg and play with them there! He's also a priss and hates to get his feet wet.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My "niece", Fiona, is a pitbull, and I have had the pleasure of dog sitting her on and off for the past couple years. In fact, she has been visiting us for over a month now. My brother is a truck driver and he just switched companies, and until he gets his new truck, he doesn't have room for her to ride with him right now...she's a trucker dog.

Fiona is three years old now, and she gets along wonderfully with our 9 year old golden retriever, Missy, and she also LOVES my two boys. In fact, a couple times a week, she sleeps in bed with my 11 year old son.

Fiona is such a big baby. She thinks she is a lap dog (guess from riding in the truck with my brother??) and she always wants to be right near someone, cuddling. She's scared of EVERYTHING!

We are kinda crazy in our house and sometimes we "speak for" our dogs. Like, Fiona will be lazily rolling around and one of us will say, "See how ferocious I am? I have anger issues you know!" or if she's chewing on a bone, which she does with this really relaxed, stupid look on her face, one of us will say, "See this? This is what I am going to do to your leg if I get a hold of you!"

Fiona is NO more aggressive than our golden retriever, who is the most laid back dog ever. Now, my neighbor's *****y and yappy pomeranians are a different story. They have run over into our yard and attacked our golden (who just stood there like WTF??), and they have snapped at the neighborhood kids.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    yes there was a ferocious pit bull just up the street from me when I was a little girl. Every day I would walk by it's fence on my way to school to get my face licked and kisses! ;-)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Such cute pups!

Here is my Lola. 5 year old rescue. Total hunk of love. I adore her. I will stop myself because I could go on and on about how wonderful she is.

n1264125022_30477177_2829906.jpg

lolasnowmansmall.jpg
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    ME! I have 3. All rescues. My personal favorite breed. <3
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    pretty babies!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My sister owns a Pit. Nicest dog I ever met, and very cute!