• dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <<<<<
    My terrifying Pit, Gracie...
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

They always aim for your face and neck!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

I'm a dog person tho I like the tiny ones :)

LOL Prissy? The hubs and I took our 2 camping and every time we opened the car door they both tried to jump in! Yes it was raining.

my Pitbull will aim for any place he can lick you... and maybe do a little excited pee on ur foot!! I have a small frame and I walk him almost daily (he has a lead that keeps him from pulling) and the only time he tries to pull is when he thinks he sees someone who might want to pet him. We visit the nursing home where I work, and they love him there!
    He does not even bark or pay attention to other dogs on our street, I'm not sure he even knows he's a dog, and he definately doesn't realize he's big.

I have 2 girls
    <<<<< see profile pic.
    Mine are great with kids (actually people of all ages).
    Both of them think they can fit on your lap and the darker one is a complete "affection *kitten*"

mine also thinks that he is a lap dog, and he is very much an attention *kitten*, if me n my hubby try to cuddle, Remy will try to get in between, and he brings he thinks he has to put his slobbery toys on my leg and play with them there! He's also a priss and hates to get his feet wet.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    GO NINERS! Thats her Joe Montana jersey:

390041_3037260215710_1254403541_n.jpg
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    For anyone who doesnt know the breed here are some things:

1) They are attention *kitten*. They have to be near you, or touch you, or attempting to get as close to you as possible at ALLLLL times lol

2) They are stubborn, and they get emo. When they dont get their way that literally pout. My female will sit down with her back facing to me, and look back and sigh then stare at a wall lol

Can you tell I love my dogs? hahaha

nalasleep.jpg

They think they are lap dogs:

doggycuddles.jpg
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    <
    My vicious Boxer/Pit Reina. She's such a killer... her entire tongue can take over your whole face!! Her whines when you walk away from her though may just kill you. We adopted her from our local animal shelter a few months ago. We already had a Great Dane/Lab mix and the two of them are just best friends. I love pits, they're such sweet dogs.
  • fritz_gomromper
    Options
    Great dogs. I have German Shepherds myself, but I foster Pitt Bulls sometimes.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    fiveohmike - you just described my pooch perfectly!!

and he also sighs when he doesnt get what he wants... i tell my hubs its preparing us for when we have kids and they become teenagers
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

My pit mix doesn't pull. My giant lab mix only pulls to hurry and get inside if we go to the store. She is the one that could drag me down a street if she wanted too.

Most people fear a dog running towards them because of not being familiar with body language. I'm not going to post a big long thing about it all. But rule number 1 is never run! They will see you as prey and you are not going to outrun a dog anyway.

You just need to meet the right big one. I know so many people who used to feel that way, then got a cute puppy who grew to be 100 lbs and changed their minds. lol.

I will say this....Pits seem to really want kisses more than any other breed. Anyone else notice this?

That's our only problem with Amos around, well, anyone (including us). He jumps, and kisses, and wags, and licks, and kisses. He really needs doggy Ritalin :wink:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    IMG_20110813_164255.jpg
    DSC_0838.jpg

The one with darker brown spots is Marty McFly and the girl with lighter spots is my sweet Alice. Neither are very scary looking...
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here's Fiona attacking my youngest son. See how scared he is???
    2012-07-06175546.jpg

And here's Fiona again. Eyebrows make her self-esteem go through the roof!!! :bigsmile: Yea, me and my sons were bored one day, and my brother was coming to visit. It took him a few minutes to notice what was different about her. However, he noticed right away that I had lost an arm, due to her viciousness, when drawing on the eyebrows.
    2012-06-17180257.jpg
    2012-06-17180543.jpg

And finally, here is Fiona and Missy. As you can see, Missy is very afraid of Fiona--because, I mean, Fiona IS a pitbull afterall--they love playing tug of war. However, Fiona always wins because she locks on the rope so hard, and Missy, being a retriever, holds the rope much looser.
    2012-05-04165133.jpg
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love all the stories and pics! I don't have a Pit myself, but I love them. They are the sweetest doggies.

Keep the pics coming!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    All good looking dogs !
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    :laugh: OMG, the eyebrows!!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I have had three. Two have passed from cancer and we still have our pit/germ shep mix. They are one of the best dogs. My husband (who is a vet) has always said the most dangerous end of a pitty is the tail.
  • laura_lynn66
    laura_lynn66 Posts: 175
    Options
    I have a rescue pit bull mix..Murphy..his picture is in my profile..best dog I've ever had :smile:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see this thread! As the name says, I love my pit bull!! and all the other ones in the world too ;) I rescued him at 6 months old and it has been the best and most life changing experience that I have had so far and I can't wait to adopt more.

There is nothing better than a cuddly sweet pit bull. People do not understand them and it breaks my heart everyday. Don't they just look so scary cuddled up with toddlers? or on their backs lookin for a belly rub?

Anyone on here who wants more friends who loves pitties, we will get along just fine :)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options

You are one of the ignorant ones that makes owning a pitty a tough job. Sure they aim for your face, WITH THEIR TONGUES! Saying that pit bulls "always aim for your face and neck" is like saying every Middle Eastern will try to blow you up, or every black person will rob you, or every white person is white trash. Please meet a pit bull with a responsible owner before you make a judgement. I have been bit by more yorkies, chihuahuas, and schnauzers. I have NEVER been bit by a pit bull breed. Any dog can be vicious.
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    my incredibly terrifying pit mix, barbara. mom was a brindle pit, no idea what dad was but she's only about 30 pounds. we are thinking maybe pit x beagle?

66vzlv.jpg

so scary

6fxvdv.jpg

as a baby
    11he4q0.jpg
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options

You are one of the ignorant ones that makes owning a pitty a tough job. Sure they aim for your face, WITH THEIR TONGUES! Saying that pit bulls "always aim for your face and neck" is like saying every Middle Eastern will try to blow you up, or every black person will rob you, or every white person is white trash. Please meet a pit bull with a responsible owner before you make a judgement. I have been bit by more yorkies, chihuahuas, and schnauzers. I have NEVER been bit by a pit bull breed. Any dog can be vicious.

My pit always goes for my neck! ALWAYS. He thinks it's a pillow! I have to lay on my side or he will try to sleep on my face.

So yes, pits always go for the neck.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

These stereotypes are the reason that Pits have the problems they do.

Discrimination doesnt only happen to humans...