Any pitbull owners out there?

Options

Replies

• KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    Those eyebrows are awesome! Good color coordination too, it almost looks like they're supposed to be there.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    yes, pitbulls are SCARY SCARY dogs...

I was walking my two poodles one morning and a neighbor was watching her sons pitbull ... she was letting the dog out the front door and the dog (Sadie) saw my poodles, bolted away from my neighbor, charged up to my poodles, in which my smallest poodle was yapping his head off and Sadie (pitbull) booked it up to my dogs and immediately rolled on her back and exposed her belly to my two ferocious poodles.
    She continued to lay on her back while my poodle barked and acted like there should be rules and regulations against him, let me tell you! ;)

It was probably the most adorable thing I've really ever seen! Since this moment, my littlest has calmed down around Sadie and they're friends now. Sadie is a gorgeous brindle pit-bull.

but seriously, it's my tea-cup poodle that has the problem!!! I haven't met a pitbull that hasn't been a huge love - I'm a fan!!!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My chihuahua thinks he's a pit bull... does that count :wink:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love pitbulls. They are far less likely to bite a person than other breeds, but they are so strong that when they do, it's deadly. Won't stop me from owning one one day though.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics. Any dog can be mean when raised that way. We just had to call animal control yesterday. A couple of pits showed up at our house. One attacked our Newfoundland (who took her down by the neck) and the large male went after my father in law. I felt so sorry for the dogs. They had scars all over them. They looked like fight dogs. Keep loving those pits!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that there are many loving, respectable pit bull owners using MFP. My first reaction to this post was to say they should be banned.... I am sorry, you all care about your dog and appear to have good animals. Where I live (safe, rural North Dakota), every person that owns a Pit Bull lives in a meth house, only come out at night, and leave the dog chained up all day with no water. or they are people that just want to appear "tough" and again, don't take care of their dog. I do NOT have a good impression of these dogs, and still would never go near one, nor let my children near one. Yes, stupid people have stupid dogs and do stupid things. ... those people have stupid kids (if the dogs doesn't eat them first).

I also agree on the small dogs "or yippee" dogs as we call them. Totally useless!

I prefer my Golden Retriever to any dog I've had I also have 2 black labs - Good for hunting and fetch-endurance contests, that is about it. My Golden is gentle, easy going, plays, protects and best of all-- kills mice!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that there are many loving, respectable pit bull owners using MFP. My first reaction to this post was to say they should be banned.... I am sorry, you all care about your dog and appear to have good animals. Where I live (safe, rural North Dakota), every person that owns a Pit Bull lives in a meth house, only come out at night, and leave the dog chained up all day with no water. or they are people that just want to appear "tough" and again, don't take care of their dog. I do NOT have a good impression of these dogs, and still would never go near one, nor let my children near one. Yes, stupid people have stupid dogs and do stupid things. ... those people have stupid kids (if the dogs doesn't eat them first).

I also agree on the small dogs "or yippee" dogs as we call them. Totally useless!

I prefer my Golden Retriever to any dog I've had I also have 2 black labs - Good for hunting and fetch-endurance contests, that is about it. My Golden is gentle, easy going, plays, protects and best of all-- kills mice!

You have to realize that the dogs didn't choose that life, their owners chose it for them. Sure they may look tough but get to know them and you will find that they have some of the biggest hearts around. We had to full blooded pitties. Karma was a breeding ***** who's owner went to jail and the wife left Karma outside chained up with no food or water. When she went to a shelter she was 30 lbs under weight. She came to our house and was my son's best friend until she died. Pete was found up in Rifle Co with homemade sutures in his face. We are pretty sure that he had lost a fight that night and was lucky that he was still alive.

Have you read about any of Michael Vicks dogs? All but two of them were adopted and they either went to homes with children in in them or they were used as therapy dogs. Not every stupid person has stupid dogs. Any dog can be vicious. In Colorado (where I live) the most common dog bite is from Labs. Go to a shelter that has pit bulls and meet them. The most dangerous end of a pit bull is their tail!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Aww let's not spoil a perfectly pleasant pit post (alliteration...see how I did that?) with a debate about pits. I don't know why anyone who doesn't like pits would be reading this post anyway.

Back to pictures! I love it! :drinker:
  • Scarletfire1970
    Scarletfire1970 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful 2 year old male pitty named Charlie. He is in my profile picture.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Pits are my favourite dog breed and I absolutely fell in love with one of five at a local shelter.... My dad really liked her too BUT my mom hates dogs (especially pits) and our homeowners insurance blacklists. So instead we got kittens. One day I'll get a pit but for now... I'll look at pictures of pits and wish I had one :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My husband (who is a vet) has always said the most dangerous end of a pitty is the tail.

:laugh: So true! My poor little dog gets swatted by my pit's tail all the time. That thing is like a whip.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    There is only one in my eyes

http://stuffonscoutshead.com/
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all the pics! I love Pits!
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My first dog was a pit... Second one as well... I fostered many of them, I was single and had a lit of time to work with them, got them ready for their forever home... Love love love Pit bulls.... Now I have a Bouvier and Pomeranian mix...
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My SO has a pit. :) Her name is Misty.
    She's a sweetheart. I go for runs with her.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    OP
    imagesCAWRBA9Q.jpg
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Pits are so awesome and adorable. :) I've known quite a few pit bulls and they are all friendly and adorable. The dog I currently have could have something else in her, but i know she has German Shepherd and pit in her. She has the ears of a german shepherd, and muscles show a lot of pit, and also the way she is framed shows pit, along with most of her personality. She's a great dog to have,and I'm lucky that I found her.
  • palmkath
    palmkath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Rampage just before he attacks you" and the picture that follows...literally laughing out loud!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I found some more, yay!
    (Sorry so big! I resized them small :ohwell: )
    "What? She like my kisses."
    DSC_0927.jpg
    Pitts have a thing for blankets. As in, they hoard them. Many of them.
    IMG_4576.jpg
    Mine loves playing in, and eating snow (that's his "brother" Diesel, an American Bulldog, who now lives with my ex)
    DSC_0284.jpg
    He has a rough life, which includes, but is not limited to, laying in the sun with our cat.
    IMG_1911.jpg
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

They always aim for your face and neck!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

I'm a dog person tho I like the tiny ones :)

It's all in how the dog is trained, and that's it. Any dog that goes to attack aims for the face and neck, it's common sense for a dog to do so. I've seen soo many big dogs that are friendly. The only time I've seen a dog be aggressive and attack, are actually all small dogs. Iv'e never come across bigger dogs that attack. :\