Any pitbull owners out there?

Options

Replies

• ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Aww!!

I hate that certain dog breeds get bad reputations. My partner's parents have a staffy, and he is the biggest softie ever!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Gorgeous babies!! I have always had Rotties myself. Also similarly vicious as your pups are. They are great family dogs and some of the biggest, sweetest babies EVER. Thanks so much for sharing. People need to know.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    LOVE all the pics :) I help with dog rescue and we do both pitts and rotties.
    I am a rottie lover... here's a pic of my 2 year old male :):)

2rz9s1y.jpg
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awww! Thanks for sharing. My next dog will probably be a rescue pitbull puppy.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Your dogs are adorable! Pits will get past this just like other breeds that were labeled bad in the past. Usually the people talking bad about pits and reporting attacks as being done by a pit think a boxer or a bulldog is a pit. smh.
    The single sweetest dog I have ever met was a 3 legged pit bull. She was hit by a truck and left behind, her current owner found her shortly after it happened and took her to the vet where they (obviously) were able to save her. She gets her tail wagging so hard that she wobbles, it's so cute and sad. She licked my kittens through their carrier, tail still wagging when they hissed and clawed at her.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Can I include my Boston who thinks she's a pit?

16853_1338952194904_1264125022_30991991_5183566_n.jpg
  • Hexidecimal02
    Hexidecimal02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm fostering a 6 month old pup. He's such a sweet dog - best personality ever. It's really too bad that people hear "Pit Bull" and think they're dangerous. All Ash wants is a home to call his own and someone to cuddle. if I didn't have two of my own (spaniel and maltese x) I would keep him myself. Best part about fostering Ash, is that I'm walking lots more. I'm sure he'll have me running soon. (I'd post a photo if I could figure out how)
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Love dogs...pits are 100% banned in the province of Ontario, where I live, though. Love some of the pics. Beautiful animals, and obviously well loved!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Here's my crazy, ridiculous boy Amos.
    IMG_3323.jpg
    and with my then three year old. Pitts make great pillows.
    IMG_3638.jpg
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    OMG. The Amos pillow pic. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    My pit mix, Izzy, with our youngest cat. I know it looks like they're sleeping peacefully together but in reality, she's just in ninja mode, getting ready to skillfully take him out with silent ferociousness. Or something.

DSC_0007.jpg
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Adorable dogs! So cute!
    Thank you for adding some cuteness into my day.

I also wanted to state if this is a pun/joke at people thinking pit-bulls are viscous,
    my reply is "It is not the animal but the owner who creates it".
    I'm sure I will get some people who go against what i said but that's what i believe.
    If you give enough love, attention along with other stuff and never push the animal into bad situation etc
    they should be very nice pets.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    All these bebbes are gorgeous <3

We're not allowed pit bulls over here- they're one of the banned breeds under the Dangerous Dogs Act (which is a crock of bull). However, we own one staffie-cross and one full blooded Staffie pup, who is the funniest, most energetic little ball of adorable kisses I've ever met.

Boudicca:

017.jpg

Spike:

019.jpg

The two of 'em together. Spike was probably about to grab Boo's bum and have a go.

010.jpg

Okay... I cannot for the life of me work out how to embed pics!? HTML won't work... this won't work... D:
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    All these bebbes are gorgeous <3

We're not allowed pit bulls over here- they're one of the banned breeds under the Dangerous Dogs Act (which is a crock of bull). However, we own one staffie-cross and one full blooded Staffie pup, who is the funniest, most energetic little ball of adorable kisses I've ever met.

Boudicca:

017.jpg

Spike:

019.jpg

The two of 'em together. Spike was probably about to grab Boo's bum and have a go.

010.jpg

Okay... I cannot for the life of me work out how to embed pics!? HTML won't work... this won't work... D:

Just have to change IMG to img
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a pitbull / rhodesian ridgeback mix female about 5 years old. She is the "perfect" dog who thinks she's a person. She loves being where ever my husband and I are, whether inside or outside the house. She stays in our front yard and will just sit and stare at people walking by. She loves to be loved and will sit on my lap anytime I sit on the ground. She's fantastic with our 4 yr old daughter and she rarely barks. She is the biggest sweetheart and I when it comes time to get another dog, it will be a pit. They are just a phenominal breeds with a bad rep.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump, because pitts are pretty :happy:
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I personally love pits. They are highly intelligent, lovable, quadrupeds, and a good addition to any family. ^_^
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I always feel like i'm going to get bitten, and they are so big if they ever decided to pull away from their owner they could they are strong. Yes very scary!

They always aim for your face and neck!

I don't like when I'm jogging and I see someone with a small frame walking them, where they are being pulled along by the dog that is clearly heavier. Scary! It's like the dog is walking them :/

I'm a dog person tho I like the tiny ones :)

My pit mix doesn't pull. My giant lab mix only pulls to hurry and get inside if we go to the store. She is the one that could drag me down a street if she wanted too.

Most people fear a dog running towards them because of not being familiar with body language. I'm not going to post a big long thing about it all. But rule number 1 is never run! They will see you as prey and you are not going to outrun a dog anyway.

You just need to meet the right big one. I know so many people who used to feel that way, then got a cute puppy who grew to be 100 lbs and changed their minds. lol.

I will say this....Pits seem to really want kisses more than any other breed. Anyone else notice this?
  • taziwac
    taziwac Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My profile pics say it all! That's "Odin" up there now, and before it was our sweetie pie "Hoochie". I love them both and honestly don't think I would have made the progress I've made with my weight loss without Odin. He's a GREAT walking partner and makes it a lot harder to slack off. If I don't get my walk, living with me is bearable. If he doesn't? Now that's another story.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I have a red pit. He's 87 pounds of stupid.

He walks into walls, falls up the stairs, and cries if he doesn't know where my youngest is. Seriously, if she ever goes to summer camp, I'm gonna have to buy ear plugs.