Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    miami_zpsc7be099e.jpg

I'm 5'7''. This picture was taken when I weighed about 220. My wrists are about 6.75".
    I always felt big, but I never thought I was "big boned" because all of me is covered in fat and giant hips and boobs skew my perception.
    I never considered myself to be large framed, until I started playing rugby in college. The sports medicine doctors and trainers were the first people to really make me realize that my frame was just large. My size was an asset in that case, which made me much more comfortable with my body.

Even with my weight in the 220s the bones in my wrists and hips still stick out under my fat. I'm also really muscular which might skew how big my actual frame is. However, I am setting my weight loss goal as if I was "average" sized so that if I get to a weight a little higher than my goal and look great I can be pleasantly surprised and stop early.

At least realizing that I might be physically impossible for me to weigh 120lbs without cutting off a limb did put my head in a much better place.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and it's gone a little quiet so I thought I would post my update pics from earlier in the week.

My goal is 160-165 pounds (73-75kgs). Started at 277.2 pounds (126kg) 14 months ago and I am currently 183.9 pounds (83.6kgs).

A bit about my path so far...

Diet-wise, I tend to keep my calories on the higher side - trying to net an average of 1700 over the course of the week but focus on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - try to avoid anything overly processed. I work out 4 to 6 times per week (normally 5), a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training.

Before

22jan20110352.jpg

Now

mejan13_zpsdc38b936.jpg

mejan134_zpsa1268f9d.jpg

You look great! Congrats :)
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Your wrist size will fluctuate with weight. For instance, right now I am 197 lbs, and my wrist measures 7 inches, and can't touch my thumb and finger around it. When I weighed 130 years ago, I was able to get my fingers to over lap. According to these tests, my bones supposedly grow and shrink with my weight? Just eat healthy and exercise, get to a point YOU are comfortable with your body, and don't use others "frame"as a point of comparison ....
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My wrist is about 6.75" and it doesn't feel like there's much fat or anything at my wrist, so I'd say that's fairly accurate as far as my frame goes. I've always said I have a large frame...even when I was not overweight. My weight was always much higher than others who appeared to be the same as me, and people have always been shocked at my weight...even when I was thin. I am 206 now and have been as high as 218 and even at 218 people were shocked to hear I was anywhere near 200. I was happy at 145-150 lbs and did not feel I needed to lose weight. If I was near the low end of "normal" for my height (5'6") then I think I'd look far too thin since my frame is larger.
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My wrist is about 6.75" and it doesn't feel like there's much fat or anything at my wrist, so I'd say that's fairly accurate as far as my frame goes. I've always said I have a large frame...even when I was not overweight. My weight was always much higher than others who appeared to be the same as me, and people have always been shocked at my weight...even when I was thin. I am 206 now and have been as high as 218 and even at 218 people were shocked to hear I was anywhere near 200. I was happy at 145-150 lbs and did not feel I needed to lose weight. If I was near the low end of "normal" for my height (5'6") then I think I'd look far too thin since my frame is larger.

I am just like you!! I swear I was reading your story and thinking this is me. LOL! I have always weighed more than others even at my healthiest and fittest (Not overweight at all). I am 5'6 too. I have never been able to wrap my fingers around my wrist and they touch. there is always a gap. People were always surprised at my weight as well. I think I would look like I have an eating disorder if I got to 130's.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know that I had my wrist measured and it was 7" around so I'm considered to be large framed.
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and even when I actively played field hockey and softball and was "skinny" by "normal people" standards... I still weighed in at 175 and wore a size 10. I don't think I have EVER worn something less than a 10. But we'll see if something different happens this time.

I always thought the nurses were just being polite when they started the scale at 150 - I was like - nope - keep going. Nope - keep going. I do carry my weight well from what I've been told - benefits to having a large frame (which DOES exist...)

I just went to a new doctor last week for a physical and she told me to ignore my BMI because I basically went in a panic that I'm going to keel over and die while running or working out at the gym because I am technically "obese" right now. She laughed - then told me I was fine. She said she doesn't think my body will ever look right at 150. We'll see. I am now 50 pounds higher than what I was 10 years ago when I graduated college. That's my goal right now. If I keep going - even better. But if I reach it - I will be ecstatic.

EDIT: and my profile pic is as close to a before as I can find. It's at about 250 (give or take). Hopefully I've have some real progress photos in a few months!
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm 5'9.

I love this thread and it's gone a little quiet so I thought I would post my update pics from earlier in the week.

My goal is 160-165 pounds (73-75kgs). Started at 277.2 pounds (126kg) 14 months ago and I am currently 183.9 pounds (83.6kgs).

A bit about my path so far...

Diet-wise, I tend to keep my calories on the higher side - trying to net an average of 1700 over the course of the week but focus on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - try to avoid anything overly processed. I work out 4 to 6 times per week (normally 5), a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training.

Thanks for reviving this thread. Most people don't understand that there is a such thing is a large frame also known as "big bones".

You look fantastic and carry your weight well. May I ask what your height is?
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tenn2tall
    tenn2tall Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am six foot and have wide shoulders, big built i started out weighing 309 on 1/2/13 i have lost 9pounds so far i am on my way to looose this weight but i will always be big body framed, my sister is same she is 5ft 11 and big wide framed.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to measuring my wrist. It's 7 inches, which confirms what I already new - I have a large frame. BTW, I don't have fat wrists.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Bump
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    l.jpg
    iphonepics261.jpg
    iphonepics010.jpg
    iphonepics091.jpg
    65259_537273442972863_1647285072_n.jpg

SW: 225lbs
    CW: 138-140lbs
    UGW: 130lbs

I am still "big boned" even after losing 80+lbs. I have football player shoulders, a wide breast bone, short chubby hands, big wrists, thighs, calves, but small wide feet....everything about me is wide haha. I'm 5'4". I have 4 children. The first picture was of my twin pregnancy(last pregnancy) .
  • hreu213
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I must fit into this category!
    As soon as I get under 160lb you can already see the vague outline of my ribcage and my hipbones stand out.
    I'll never be able to be as light as some people, I have a friend who is taller than my 5'10" - maybe about 5'11" and weighs under 130lb and looks fine - skinny but not all boney. If I ever got that low I'd look emancipated!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the wrist test. I've just always considered myself large-framed because I'm built like a curvy linebacker. :)
  • Roxie4195
    Options
    I'm one of those that has always carried my weight well. At least that is what I'm told. I'm 5'6" and 49 years old. Last year at this time I was at 160 and starting to look anemic. While in the Navy I weighed a steady 170-175 and was constantly berated about my weight even though I got outstanding on my PT tests and was wearing at size 10/12. According to most height/weight charts, max I should weigh is 150. That would not be a healthy look for me. My goal is to get back down to that 170-175 range. I don't care what the charts say and neither should you! If you feel good and are healthy, that is all that matters.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think you can only use the measurement test if you can see the bones. How can you properly measure bones that are covered? That's not going to be accurate. There are people that do not carry extra weight that do have big bones but don't use it as an excuse for extra weight. Lose the weight then measure the bones.
    I am 6'1". 197lbs. I could say I am big boned but I'm not, I just have extra padding :-)
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    I've been 5'11" since i was 11 years old. The smallest size jeans I've ever worn at my height were a size 10 (that was at 140 lbs). I wouldn't say i have big bones, just wide hips :P even in a size 10, i was very fit. I'm now 22 with two children, wearing a size 16 comfortably. Ideally, I'd like to get back down to 150 lbs and a size 10 or 12... As far as the wrists go, i agree it's a pointless measurement. At 140 lbs, my fingers overlapped. I'm currently 223 and my fingers just touch. Your wrists change with your weight.
    I saw a segment on TV a while back about a man who had a hard head. This guy could drop giant rocks on his skull without doing damage. Turned out his skull was actually much thicker than the average person's... my point is, I'm sure there is some variation in bone thickness, and maybe there are some anomalies who actually have larger than average bones, but for most of us, it's probably not enough to make a significant difference in weight. There's a difference between "big bones" and just having a wider frame.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My doc measured the bones in my wrist and told me I have a large frame. I am only 5'4", but have the wide ribcage, big head, big wrists, etc. You are welcome to look at my progress pics on my profile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!