Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    hipsters and no one here can fcuking drive!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Baltimore AKA Murder City.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I live in DC area, nuff said, but I will add..........................$400,000 dollar TOWNHOUSE and Single family homes with no backyards but ridiculous HOA's..........F. U. Northern Va

DC is awesome. so many jobs and so many people wanting to live there. thats why housing is so much. :)

Im in Phoenix and I love it. Two things that are disappointing. No close beaches. and a surprising lack of good and plentiful restaurants.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    No Rollercoasters!!:cry:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's mother effing HOT half the year. Umm...and the gays can't get married. Some might say that's great, but to me (not gay, btw) that's unfortunate, especially since Austin is considered the San Francisco of the south.

Otherwise, I love my city!

At least you have mass transit.... we have the effing Cowboys but we can't manage to get a mass transit system here (Dallas and Fort Worth both have a fairly nominal one comparitively)... because "it brings poor people and/or crime" (as if we didn't already have either)... Or they (and by they I mean voters) say we are "too sprawled out"... I'm thinking "tell that to Lubbock... at least they got something running"...
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I live in DC area, nuff said, but I will add..........................$400,000 dollar TOWNHOUSE and Single family homes with no backyards but ridiculous HOA's..........F. U. Northern Va

Sounds like Staten Island to me!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My attached next-door neighbours who store garbage at the side of their house and have a huge bucket of food (not a composter) on the other side of the fence of my veggie garden. They leave strange items on their driveway (currently a broken crib), park on their lawn, also park in front of my house - sometimes blocking my driveway. They have 4 cars and one parking spot but they have an empty garage. They slam into their walls during my babies nap time. They think it's funny that they have been ticketed $5000+ from the city, and plan on "getting them canceled" in court.

I live in a relatively affluent area. These people can only afford this 3 bedroom house because 5 adults and 3 children live in it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    People thinking that all of us are like those worthless Jersey Shore dirtbags.

Man, and that's why I friended you! I needed a little js in my life!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Floods & too many bloody tourists (apart from when we've had a flood & actually need them to visit & spend money).:grumble:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Being tortured by Dairy Queen commericals , When there are none in NY! Hey look what we have 800 miles away!

aww I am sad for you!! LOL :sad:
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It's Ohio.

My thoughts exactly
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    We don't all love the steelers! I hate football!
  • rachgolds
    rachgolds Posts: 75
    Options
    Everything...it's Jersey...sorry.

P.s. I love Ohio!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Everything...it's Jersey...sorry.

P.s. I love Ohio!
    I also like Ohio!

But, I guess it is a,"grass is always greener," mentality.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    the fact that the carniceria and fruteria are considered our major stores.....\m/
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You ask for an "iced tea" and what you get back is sweeter than a coke with 4 splenda....

That's better than living where you get a cup of water with a drop of brown food coloring and some ice cubes.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the traffic. Whomever did the city planning for the ATL area should be stoned.

or were they stoned when they did it :laugh:
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You have to fly or take a 2 hr. ferry to get off of the island. It rains all year long. (Vancouver Island, BC)
  • bikechic61
    bikechic61 Posts: 39
    Options
    all of the above. No I don't live where my picture was taken in.