Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The fact that we only have two seasons... Winter and Construction
    Are you in Toronto too? lol

no it has to be Idaho!!.. i heard Jeff Foxworthy tell that joke about Idaho at least.. hahaha
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everywhere you turn there is a corn field and red neck hicks.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    its over 100 degrees most days this time of year, and my city is under MAJOR construction. Seems like a major project on all the major roads. So people use side roads and drive like idiots.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Snowbirds.. Therefore, terrible drivers. Retirees, therefore, also terrible drivers. STEP ON THE GAS, IT'S JUST RAIN.

Florida isn't all its cracked up to be.

And if it's not the snowbirds and retirees, is the FREAKING TOURISTS!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    NC drivers!! Sorry, but these people are rude!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Super, annoyingly conservative.
  • bikechic61
    bikechic61 Posts: 39
    Options
    All of the above and lame, lame , lame. Where I live that is. Not the particular house I live in, but the town. An armpit. The rest of the state is nice.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Unpredictable weather... and hipsters. But it's still lovely!

Hahahaha hipsters....do you live in Austin too??? That's like 80% of our population.

Hahaha! I live in Portland, Oregon -.- the hipster population is ever-growing!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Way too humid, cockroaches, no bike lanes on main roads (or some roads simply aren't repaired enough to ride on), doesn't always feel super "safe", and no mountains :(
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The fact that we only have two seasons... Winter and Construction

You must be Canadian. But you forgot one part of the Construction season, the bugs!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    You're never without having to change your usual route to places due to all the road construction.

The city's idea of art is canvases that look like they were left out in the rain and people who nail beer caps to planks of wood. So all the art snobs do is this horrible work; God help you if you can actually draw.

Dead body every day. Lots of gun violence or people who can't drive.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Texas. Summer.

Need I say more?
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    It's Ohio.

So true.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Unpredictable weather... and hipsters. But it's still lovely!

Hahahaha hipsters....do you live in Austin too??? That's like 80% of our population.

Hahaha! I live in Portland, Oregon -.- the hipster population is ever-growing!

I figured you were one of us.

RAIN. Weird noisy neighbors. Popo always right here.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We practically have no spring and fall lasts all of 2 weeks! It's a long winter, short summer, I have never seen a real spring in my life, I honestly have no idea what it's like... I could go on and on about things wrong with my house... But otherwise I live in a wonderful place and I couldn't be more fortunate. This is the view from my dinner table:
    6945374661_7d950c79a3.jpg
    The beautiful Pikes Peak by fairysoulcreations2, on Flickr
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I live out in the country in northern Wisconsin, farming country. I can be fishing or hunting within 5 minutes of leaving my house. I have campfires in my back yard. I can see ALL the stars every night. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Down side: No food joint to deliver. House is old and crooked, fixing it up has become a nightmare. The "dairy air" is quite strong some days.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    palmetto bugs, snowbirds, giant grasshoppers, 2 seasons-hot and hotter
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    Violent crime is increasing at an alarming rate here. It's always been bad, but the past few years the gang violence just seems to get worse and worse.

Also, in general, people aren't very polite here. I try to go out of my way to be a polite driver, nice to tourists, and mind my P's and Q's. I don't like the bad rep that Boston gets so I try not to be a "Mass-hole".
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mosquitoes, Palmetto Bugs, and Hurricanes :sad:
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    An unemployment rate of 21%, and a yapping/howling dog next door that my neighbor NEVER brings inside.