Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    It's freaking hot and dry and dusty and there's no water for at least a 2 hour drive.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No master bath!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Unpredictable weather... and hipsters. But it's still lovely!

Hahahaha hipsters....do you live in Austin too??? That's like 80% of our population.

Hahaha! I live in Portland, Oregon -.- the hipster population is ever-growing!

I was going to guess Portland!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would say nothing - I love living where I do! We have mountains, beautiful wildlife, rivers, no traffic, a decent-sized town within a 20 minute drive, affordable housing, low taxes, low crime, good jobs in the area, 4 distinct seasons, friendly people, great locally farmed food, awesome non-chain restaurants, lots of vineyards. I could go on and on! :smile:

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes (like now), the summers are TOO HOT!

Where do you live? sounds IDEAL......except I would definitely miss the beach

In the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The beach is within a 3-4 hour drive, which isn't too far. A lot of people in my area do weekend beach trips.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Orlando, FL

The fact that everyone thinks you live right next to Disney. (Disney is in Kissimmee, not Orlando)
    Tourists
    I-4
    The drivers. I have driven through 20+ states and yes, there are bad drivers everywhere, but I swear, it's an epidemic in Orlando. And I'm not talking about the tourists who don't know where they're going. I'm talking natives.
    Giant fricken cockroaches that fly.
    The summer sucks.

All of this.
    Like you live IN Disney.
    And OMG, why are you SO pale if you LIVE IN FL??!?!?!!?

Because, it's 97 degrees out. >.< It's not a vacation for me.

***ALSO, horseflies and deerflies.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Snowbirds.
  • shartso
    shartso Posts: 12
    Options
    NorthEast Ohio, Lake effect snow and the lack of sunny days.....:noway: :grumble:
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    No bike trails, we have a heat wave right now... but it's a lot safer than living in the city. :)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    $2200.00 a month rent.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    St.Louis.... I was born & raised here and the summer is still intolerable. We experience every season fully...which can be good or bad lol Despite it all, I still love the place :D Home is home, ya know?
  • skisgirl4e3
    skisgirl4e3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tourism and snow birds are the baddest things about Florida, but even then where else can you go to meet people from all over the world?!?! Everyone *loves* Disney World :happy:
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    St.Louis.... I was born & raised here and the summer is still intolerable. We experience every season fully...which can be good or bad lol Despite it all, I still love the place :D Home is home, ya know?
  • skisgirl4e3
    skisgirl4e3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the nasty yellow flies too....
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    You ask for an "iced tea" and what you get back is sweeter than a coke with 4 splenda....

That's better than living where you get a cup of water with a drop of brown food coloring and some ice cubes.

who serves food coloring and water? thats weird.

and i too cant stand sweet tea. i can see why kids like it.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The fact that we only have two seasons... Winter and Construction
    Are you in Toronto too? lol

No. Northern BC. Fort St. John to be exact.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Every bar within a 30 mile radius is a sausage factory.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You ask for an "iced tea" and what you get back is sweeter than a coke with 4 splenda....

That's better than living where you get a cup of water with a drop of brown food coloring and some ice cubes.
    I happen to love ice water. So add a little caffine and no sugar, I am good.

Another unfortunate part of living in the south. Southerners defending anything southern.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Everything, Manchester, NH sucks my left one, totally plotting my escape!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Houston is a swamp. We have 2 seasons, Africa hot and fall.

...or this summer we've got Africa hot with torrential rain and flooding. WTF?

Can I add bad Texas drivers? By that I mean "you gotcha DL out of a cereal box!"
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    It's Ohio.

My thoughts exactly

What's up with all of the Ohio haters? What city do you guys live in? Because I love mine (Cleveland)! There are tons of things to do, great food to eat, and a variety of people. But you have to make the best of it. Life isn't going to come to you.

I will say the weather is super unpredictable. The meteorologists can't even get it right and they have nexrad radar of whatever they call it, smh