Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• ourwickedlies
    ourwickedlies Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We're in a bit of a drought right now, everything is dried out and ugly.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I live in DC area, nuff said, but I will add..........................$400,000 dollar TOWNHOUSE and Single family homes with no backyards but ridiculous HOA's..........F. U. Northern Va

DC is awesome. so many jobs and so many people wanting to live there. thats why housing is so much. :)

Im in Phoenix and I love it. Two things that are disappointing. No close beaches. and a surprising lack of good and plentiful restaurants.

Agreed. The only thing I'd change about Phoenix is to add a few beaches. :-)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    One bathroom, six people (four of which are female!)

Young guy neighbor who is a nice guy but does not have a regular job and keeps all hours. Also hasn't a clue when his music is so loud I can FEEL it in my living room which is on the side of my house farthest from him. You can imagine how it is in the bedrooms right next to his house. At least once a week I have to go over and ask him to turn it down. I just don't think he or any of the people who live there or visit at all hours have any idea that people outside of themselves exist (until I go over there anyway.)
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I like where I live. It is a big enough town to have tons of kinds of foods and restuarants, but still small enough that you aren't overwhelmed with huge buildings and people. There are a ton of outdoor activities close by, water within 20 minutes, and I have always felt comfortable here. I would like to own my own house, but in the same area in which I already live.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    While I love being close enough to drive to what ever I want (big city, beach, mountains, skiing), I have to say I have been disappointed with the with the large number of people haven't moved into the 21st century. way to much talk about "those" people who don't look American.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Houston is a swamp. We have 2 seasons, Africa hot and fall.

...or this summer we've got Africa hot with torrential rain and flooding. WTF?

Can I add bad Texas drivers? By that I mean "you gotcha DL out of a cereal box!"

Yeah because there are no bad drivers from other states.... :-|

In Lubbock it's the horrible New Mexico drivers that believe they are driving on the Autobahn... then here in the Metroplex, we have the Oklahoma drivers that couldn't be more passive and unpredictable than if they were dead... and the ALL don't use their damn turn signal.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It seems like the people around here are in a constant competition to see who can take the most far-right fringy ultra-conservative position in life....and then insist that the rest of us blindly follow them or else endure the social-equivalent of burning crosses on our front lawns.

I can count on one hand the number of restaurants in this area that are NOT chains.

Intelligence, science and knowledge/appreciation of things outside this county are openly mocked, feared, and denigrated....there is an appalling glorification of the mediocre, of blind faith, and of willful ignorance here.

Hubby has apologized over and over for moving us here in the first place. We can't wait to get the eff out.

If you lived in most of California you would find the opposite extreme, fortunately this area is not like most of California.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's Ohio.

^^^ Ditto
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    terrrrrrrrrrrible drivers (columbus, ohio)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's Ohio.

It could be worse ;-)

I love where I live - the town is New York City, but I hate that I live in such a teeny tiny apartment.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    All the killer tornadoes :( I'm caught in tornado alley every friggin year. We had an EF5 tornado on 05/22/11 that traumatized our city for many years to come. I'll never forget how much blood and suffering I saw on that day.

Also, being a progressive or indenpendent around here can be dangerous...I hate to say it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    There is no Chik-Fil-A or Red Lobster nearby.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everything...it's Jersey...sorry.

P.s. I love Ohio!
    Yeah, I cant stand Jersey either. Jug handles, especially.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    No one except myself and my mother really cleans up after themselves...Humidity in teh summer and at least 5 feet of snow in the winter - city politicians screwing with the streets and public transit system and thinking they're making things better when it's actually worse!
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I live about 40 minutes from anywhere. Oh well. The drive is nice though!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    All the damn vampires.
  • rachgolds
    rachgolds Posts: 75
    Options
    It's Ohio.

My thoughts exactly

What's up with all of the Ohio haters? What city do you guys live in? Because I love mine (Cleveland)! There are tons of things to do, great food to eat, and a variety of people. But you have to make the best of it. Life isn't going to come to you.

I will say the weather is super unpredictable. The meteorologists can't even get it right and they have nexrad radar of whatever they call it, smh
    I agree 100%!!! I love Cleveland!
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    capri pants
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ It's too far from the other side of the world .... but with that being said, if I have to live in the states ... why not live in paradise. This is home ... for now anyways.

:flowerforyou:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    when it (rarely) rains people loose their friggin minds on the roads, and the hills all burst into flames regularly