Unfortunate things about your current place of residence

Options

Replies

• fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    the house doesn't clean itself and it's not somewhere else, anywhere else.
    100% this.
    Wish my house would clean itself, wish it was somewhere else.
    Long winters, cold winters, all that darkness and snow....I hate snow
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    All the stairs you have to climb in order to get around town. All of the tourists-especially cruise people... :-/
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I live in New Jersey but it's the redneck area of northwest Jersey that really is basically Pennsylvania. It's really country out here - farms, open skies, farmer's markets. Everyone owns a truck, myself included. It's nothing like any of the Jersey reality shows!

I hate that it's so expensive though! I go to college in Florida and rents are easily half of what I pay in Jersey.

I also hate that everyone up here has Confederate flags on their trucks or property. Last time I checked, New Jersey is a northern state.

HA!!!! That's where I grew up!
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    the weather is rubbish. it rains.. almost always.. cold rain in winter.. warm rain in summer. If we get a dry day when the temperature rises above 15 degrees.. everyone is stripped off and at the beach.. :laugh:

apart from that... i LOVE were i live.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My house is an old Georgian gate lodge with wooden shutters, a whole wall of bookcase, reclaimed floors, doors and stove, along with an acre of garden and a forest. Sounds dreamy right??
    Nope!
    Its DAMP!! And it just so happens that me and boyfriend are always sick because of allergies to mould..

So..lease is nearly up and we just so happened to find a place nearby with 4 bedrooms ensuite, conservatory, large kitchen, sitting room, dining room, utility, fam. bathroom with an acre of pristine garden and only 15 mins from my work at an AMAZING 600/month :)

Going to view tomorrow!! Fingers crossed :)

Where do you live??
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Traffic!!!!!

And convince the general public that a "light rail" system is a good thing is like pulling teeth!!!! There are a vast amount of places I refuse to go to because it will take me an hour by car (due to traffic) to get there!!

Oh and yes we have beaches, but you can see your toes when you are only up to your knees. :sick: The port here is one of the largest, if not the largest, on the east coast (virginia beach). This causes a horrible amount of dumping by the cargo ships all right off the coast. Which makes the water horrible!!
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I live in the pit of the fog. It is horrible driving here when fog comes along. It hasn't snowed in over a decade. It's boring and finding a job is hard!! Oh, people like to stare at you for no apparent reason too but I suppose that's natural.. :ohwell:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My friend moved and gave me her bed. There are fleas in the mattress so I have to sleep on the couch until I get it figured out :(
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My current place of residence really isn't all that bad. It's cheap, it's very nice, I have a huuuuge backyard which I feel ashamed is not seeing the usage it should, we've got AC when we don't really need it, washer and dryer, we're in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood ... but I have, like, zero cell phone coverage. Except for in a few spots. Which is awesome, until you HAVE to make a phone call and can't move from a spot, and sometimes the phone cuts out even when you're not moving. I hate being on the phone, and to not even be able to multitask while I'm on the phone REALLY burns me.

I mean, I hate the town I'm in, too, but if I have to be here, I have a great house. But I'll also have to get a different cell provider in order to have coverage. Blalkajdsflj.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I live in KS. Need I say more?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There are three breeds of dog: heeler, pit bull, and chihuahua.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    -Snows 8 months out of the year.
    -Can have -30 windshields
    -Nearest real beach is two huge states away.
    -Biggest source of entertainment are rodeos.

I hate rodeos. I live in North Dakota and I hate it too. :/
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I was assuming you were talking about ND ...

I figured that any state where they would just give you land to inhabit so that you'll live and work there must be rather ... terrible.

This past winter they kept constantly talking about how even McD's and Taco John's were paying $15/hr ... Sounds like good money, but damn. You have to live in ND.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    Halobender, it is totally not worth the money. I'm only here because the husband is stationed here. We can't wait to leave. :indifferent:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Halobender, it is totally not worth the money. I'm only here because the husband is stationed here. We can't wait to leave. :indifferent:

My brother is stationed there as well. What a coincidence. And yes, they can't get over how much snow you all have.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Southern Maryland... Surrounded on 3 sides by water but not the kind you want to swim in... and it's hot. Always with 100% humid 100% of the time. Can someone tell me how on Earth humidity gets ABOVE 100%???

Oh and I live right by Patuxant Naval Air Station so base traffic.

And I live in a freakin crazy neighborhood. Someone drove through yesterday with 2 mattresses on top of their car. Neither one of them were tied down and the passenger and driver each had a hand out of the window holding the bottom mattress down! I've had to call the cops on my next door neighbor for the violence at their house, they frequently block my driveway and the man of the house has walked outside his front door naked a couple of times. The woman that lives across from him is a crazy hippy. Here, I'll show you...

hippylady.jpg
    (this is my neighbor's house taken from my front yard)

That and everything seems backwards... IHOP closes at 10 unless it's a Friday or Saturday (what IHOP isn't 24 hours???) and most other places close down really early.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Traffic...assume it'll take you an hour to get anywhere outside your neighborhood.
    Spider crickets.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No sidewalks and fast moving traffic. Also not very well lit (my neighborhood area). Really puts a limit on my jogging routes. :mad: Not very many people are health conscious here either so they look at me like I have 3 heads whenever I am out jogging ...
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    They're all a bunch of crack'eds.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    While I love being close enough to drive to what ever I want (big city, beach, mountains, skiing), I have to say I have been disappointed with the with the large number of people haven't moved into the 21st century. way to much talk about "those" people who don't look American.

Do you live in the San Diego area? I grew up there. Oh how I miss it!! But yes, there is much talk about those "other" people.