165 pounds gone.

Options
sanguinia
sanguinia Posts: 31 Member
I've lost 165 pounds over the last 6 years. It's been a long, hard and very grueling battle. I've not had any kind of surgery, just pure determination. I still need to lose over 80 pounds. I am currently in a slump and have been eating very bad for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes, sharing my story with others amps me back up again and gets me back in 'the mode'. So here are some before and after pics...

6786028_3173.jpg
This is my 9th grade school ID from 1991. I was 400 pounds here.

6786028_3116.jpg
My then boyfriend and I around 1999.

6786028_8161.jpg
Our wedding pic from October 28, 2000. Still hovering at around 400 lbs...

6786028_8651.jpg
This is around 2008... I am about 375 here...

6786028_5487.jpg
Also from 2008.

Fast forward to today and...
6786028_5786.jpg
and I can fit into ONE LEG of my old pair of favorite pants.

and this was from a few days ago:
6786028_2851.jpg

and that's me in pics. :-)

I picked up a used college text book on nutrition and it changed my life. Have since been on a crazy journey losing one pound at a time.

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is fantastic. You look great. It is a hard battle for me too. I lose 1 - 2 lbs a MONTH. No 2 lb. weight loss per week no matter how hard I work out or diet. We have to remember not to give up due to slow progress because slow progress is still PROGRESS!
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You look fantastic.
  • sanguinia
    sanguinia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is fantastic. You look great. It is a hard battle for me too. I lose 1 - 2 lbs a MONTH. No 2 lb. weight loss per week no matter how hard I work out or diet. We have to remember not to give up due to slow progress because slow progress is still PROGRESS!

Thank you! Yes. sometimes though you get in the despair slump and it takes every drop of determination you can muster to NOT eat 3 king size butterfingers and a pound of bacon in one sitting. lol Any progress is definitely good progress, indeed! Cheers!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    very good, keep it up!
  • Gumbomama11
    Gumbomama11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just hop back on the wagon again. So awesome about your 165 lbs! YOU ROCK!
  • Alish1974
    Alish1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great freaking job!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work & determination, sanguinia. :)

You rock!
  • elwoodsfs
    elwoodsfs Posts: 4
    Options
    Alisha ~ this is great news. Congrats to you. Keep up the work and you will successfully keep losing those inches and pounds. I love the picture of you in one leg of you pants.
  • urrkadurka
    urrkadurka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    I am also loving pretty much every shirt and piece of clothing you are wearing in these pictures.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Amazing! ^_^
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a great journey you have been on. Keep up the good work!
  • vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Amazing - congrats!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That is fantastic! Keep it up girl!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    great job! well done!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such an inspiration!! Keep up the amazing work that you are doing! And thank you for sharing your story!!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You have come so far and you look fantastic. A real inspiration to the rest of us who struggle along with you. I see a lot of successes where people eat maintenance for awhile to recharge. You're doing great. Way to go!
  • SwEEtK77
    SwEEtK77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow WTG!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You have made great progress. You seriously need to get back in the game and finish your course. You can do it. I think you want to do it. You will do this. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing the "After-pics". Best wishes on your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!