How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• iisajosefin
    iisajosefin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like it with cucumber, I make a salad out of it.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

LOVE cottage cheese with spaghetti or in lasagna :)
  • slhodge05
    slhodge05 Posts: 3
    Options
    take cottage cheese, a packet of orange jello, a can of mandarin oranges. throw it all together for a yummy snack or dessert... or you can make oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes, which sounds funny but are really delicious...
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I make a cucumber salad with white vinegar (no oil) and I eat it with that!

Sosososososososo good.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    This is going to sound gross but I like mine on a salad with light western or french dressing!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Sometimes in a tomato...and sometimes with a nectarine, and I also eat it plain : )
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    I have 100 gm cottage cheese, 4 times a week for lunch, always with salt and pepper and 6 saltine crackers (TUC or Ritz or similar).

:drinker:
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Honeyyyyyyyy................... mmmmmmmmm.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    In a protein smoothie...there's a recipe floating around on this site called cake batter protein smoothie. I think it calls for about 1/2 C water, 1/2 C cottage cheese, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 6 g of sugar free vanilla pudding mix (or 1/2 t of vanilla extract), 1/8 t of almond extract, 2-3 packets of stevia(or sugar sub) and a couple of ice cubes. Blend together.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I never used to like it, but now to get my daily grams of protein I've learned to like it. I put salt and pepper, with the accent on pepper. I think I will try some fruit next time
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound gross but I like mine on a salad with light western or french dressing!
    i like mine in a salad too with dressing on it. or i nave some with whet thins
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I put it in smoothies to give it a rich smooth texture. I hate the the actual texture of cottage cheese, so unless its baked into something, this is the only way i can stomach it
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I cut up fruit into it such as berries or peaches. I also like it on a dense cracker like a triscuit.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

I do too! Love it that way, I also add a little green onion, salt & pepper. Yum! :love:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love the plain stuff.

It's one of my favourite breakfasts - I toast a slice of good seedy bread, spread with a smear of Marmite, and then pile cottage cheese on it.

I also like it as a salad dressing, stirred through chopped salad veg (cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers etc)

I also like it as a snack, on rice cakes, maybe a slice of tomato or cucumber on top, and a good grind of black pepper. Or spooned into celery sticks.
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, but sometimes I eat it with wheat thins or graham crackers. It's also really good on a toasted english muffin...sometimes with tomato slices and a little salt & pepper on top.
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I add some to oatmeal in the morning, it doesnt always look the best, but it tastes pretty good and adds protein to my breakfast! :)
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    With a spoon :) I love love love plain cottage cheese.

Sometimes I eat it with veggie chips or bake with it, lasagna, mac and cheese, stuffed shells, stuff like that, so much cheaper and better tasting then ricotta cheese :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

I've been thinking about this lately, now I'm going to have to try it.
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    so many of these sound good i want to try them all :laugh: