How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound gross but I like mine on a salad with light western or french dressing!
    [/quote

LOL I was just going to post this! But with Ranch....I will try your dressings! They sound yummy!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    recently discovered that it is awesome in an omelet
  • missconceitedme
    Options
    I eat mine with black pepper and cayenne pepper spice.. It's yummy and spicy :-)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with a few drops of vanilla, and some cinnamon/nutmeg.I usually throw in a packet of splenda...nice dessert.
    i also like it on crackers with salt and pepper.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    My husband and I enjoy cottage cheese as a side to many of our favorite dishes: tacos, chili, trader joe's frozen turkey meatballs in spaghetti sauce and the rare pasta meal to name a few. It is a creamy compliment!
  • brittvee
    brittvee Posts: 123
    Options
    My fave is fat free with pineapple or peaches. Breakfast for me every morning :)
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    With a spoon.

Yessssss. Omnomnomnom

Same here. But I can only do this with certain brands. The rest can taste quite gross. I get Breakstones' 2% fat. Most of the time I eat it right out of the container, but if I'm feeling particularly frisky I'll put fruit in it. Or jelly if I'm lazy. :P

My Grandma likes it with tomatoes. I know those are technically a fruit, but I always thought that was a little outside the box. I tried it once and it seemed like a legit combination.
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How strange! I've never thought to have it with fruit and in smoothies/shakes etc!

I usually use it on top of an omelette, on a green salad sort of as a dressing. I also mix it in with tuna and cucumber/sweetcorn and add in some low carb pasta. Lovely!
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I cannot stomach plain cottage cheese. I am not sure if its just the texture or what it is. I have found I can eat it though if I use it in the following ways:

* tacos (lettuce leaf for shell, taco meat, fiber one cottage cheese, tomato, & onion) in place of sour cream
    * baked potato in place of sour cream
    * mix with dry packet of ranch and use as veggie dip
    * mix with eggs (or egg whites) and make quiche
    * add to homemade hummus
    * use it as a spread for veggie pitas
    * top my pizza with it
  • kristidavidson2008
    Options
    Add italian seasoning and salt. Or mix w pasta salad . . .Decadent, to me!
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    With spicy salsa - very good.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    usually with a fork, but sometimes with a spoon. seriously, I know this sounds like a smart *kitten* answer, but I really like to eat it with a fork for some reason.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    With a spoon!! :wink: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Try having a cottage cheese sandwich on toast! It's amazingly good, especially with just a smidge of butter on the toast. Think of it like lasagna, with layers of starch and cheese. :)
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    If it's just a quick snack, then it's with crackers. I also really like it in my eggs and in homemade mac and cheese.
  • lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pancakes! Ok so this probably isn't exactly what you wanted, but I thought I would share.

1/2 cup oats
    1/4 cottage cheese
    1 egg
    1 tsp splenda

I add just a little bit of milk so it's not so thick (maybe 1-2 tablespoons) and a dash of cinnamon, Stir it together and throw it in the blender and then cook it just like a normal pancake. Yummy!!
  • southofpleasant
    southofpleasant Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    With potato chips. I use cape cod reduce fat plain chips. Just smash up chips and sprinkle over cottage cheese. Seriously...its good
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    A dollop of nonfat greek vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, and sweetner. Delish!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I mix avocado and cottage cheese together, makes yummy guacamole!
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    one little cheese nugget at a time. :wink: