How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    in a protein shake ( check out dashing dish) or blended with a little neufchatel cheese and whatever else you like , then put in crepes
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I try not to...oh the squick is high. Really wish I could and have tried but it's a no go for me.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I mix in some pb2 and/or a bit of chocolate syrup :)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Cinamon!
    peanut butter (my fav, don't knock it til you try it)
    I use it in egg salad sometimes in place of some of the mayo too
    Veggie sandwiches
    Toast/Bagels (if you eat grain)
    It goes really great with pineapple as far as fruit goes
    Raisins/granola

There are also plenty of pancake recipes with it too and probably other baked goods
    and of course you could make a protein smoothie with it (they usually end up tasting like cheesecake!)

enjoy, cottage cheese is the bomb
  • efphoto412
    Options
    I add a little pineapple juice
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine with a little salt and pepper or on crackers or I use it as a salad dressing on my salads. I find that it's overall a better option than a nice and creamy parm peppercorn. :)
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ooo! It's also great on baked potatoes! Throw on some black beans, and you've got a nice protein boost from all three of them!
  • karenruddell1974
    karenruddell1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I mix in chopped beetroot & sprinkle mixed seeds on top!
  • athompson333
    Options
    I looove cottage cheese. But it has to be Lucerne(safeway brand) Fat free. other kinds gross me out! But i eat it in my salads, plain w/salt and pepper, and as often as possible. Before I started this healthy lifestyle journey I ate it with Tortilla chips! :) yum!
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Over a baked potato! Any type of potato! pepper optional.
  • Melodymunchkin
    Melodymunchkin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    especially with baked beans as well
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Topped with salsa...it is delicious! Or with a 1/4 cup of skim shredded cheese and a tsp of bacon bits - it has the flavor of a baked potato. I don't like cottage cheese with fruit, personally. I treat it like a chunkier sour cream. Ooh, and it's great as a dip if you mix it with fat-free ranch dressing mix or a couple of tablespoons of bottled dressing.
  • lexismom1003
    lexismom1003 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

Me too... I was beginning to think I was the only person who did this!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    mix cottage cheese with chopped cucumber, red onion, bacon bits, and some black pepper. yum
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like it with most fruits, but my favorite way is to take a bed of baby arugula, add a generous scoop of cottage cheese, top with chopped fresh tomatoes and coarsely ground black pepper.

Or just grab the carton and a spoon and dig in. This is my favorite after gardening or doing yard work on a hot day. It's so cool and refreshing. I only like the low fat kind though. The full fat is too thick and nasty.
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love to eat my cottage cheese with some slivered almonds mixed in. Other ways I enjoy it are cottage cheese with mandarin oranges or cottage cheese with diced cucumber.
  • paid2surf
    paid2surf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No one eats cottage cheese. It's like Brussels sprouts... put here by God as a place holder til He could come up with something palatable.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    mix cottage cheese with chopped cucumber, red onion, bacon bits, and some black pepper. yum

mmm this sounds good!

also:

cottage cheese, a teaspoon or 2 of jello ff/sf cheesecake pudding powder mix, dash of cinnamon, a little almond milk in a blender, blend it all up and serve. maybe take a square of graham cracker, crush it up and sprinkle it on top (if macros allow LOL)
  • bsudano
    bsudano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The thing I like about cottage cheese is that you can use it as a substitute for just about any other dairy product or mayo based dressing. Here's how I eat mine:

As "yogurt" with nuts, berries, cereal, oats, wheat germ, sliced fruit, peanut butter, cocoa powder, cinnamon/nutmeg, etc, etc, etc...

As "sour cream" with baked potatoes, cucumbers/tomatoes, mexican food, soup, chili, stews, etc

As "mayo" with canned tuna or chicken, on sandwiches

As cheese on tuna melts or home made pizza

As salad dressing along with salsa and/or guacamole

Or sometimes I'll just eat it straight up out of a bowl.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to sprinkle it with Fiesta Dip Mix (The Pampered Chef - you can only find it online or through a consultant - made in Minnesota), I also like it with Lowry's seasoning salt, or just plain. On crackers or rye krisps.