How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    I've added a little vanilla extract and a no calorie sweetener (splenda) and it tastes pretty good!

I like it just plain too..
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    My favorite is with peaches of course. But I think I have a recipe for lasagna that uses cottage cheese. I'm sure it's loaded with calories.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
  • llangberg
    llangberg Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to put 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, a sprinkle of sweetener and either a handful of blueberries or a tablespoon of almonds, per cup of cottage cheese. I eat this for breakfast almost every day.
  • llangberg
    llangberg Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds great :smile: I will have to give this a try!
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    With pepper!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Today I ate it with steamed zucchini

The other day I ate it with mashed carrots, potatoes and peas.

I like the "salty" version.
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've gotten lots of good ideas for cottage cheese...I may have to go to the grocery story and buy more! I eat it plain, but also like it with honey, fruit (pineapple is very good)...I will definitely be trying it in smoothies and with cinnamon, sounds great!
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat mine with salt & pepper (mostly pepper) but I had a cottage cheese salad once that was really good. Mix the whole (well large) container with a packet of dry ranch dressing mix and then add chopped red and green pepper.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    With a spoon
  • peterstlp
    peterstlp Posts: 1
    Options
    I have 1/2 cup cottage cheese, add fresh berries, crushed walnuts and a little Splenda. Yum
  • JoanKB54
    JoanKB54 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was at a resort in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, near Martinsburg, I think. They served it with apple butter. That was pretty good, but not very low cal. I like to put a little Sweet n Low in it and some cinnamon, spread it on a piece of toast, and then broil. Kinda like cinnamon toast.
  • JoanKB54
    JoanKB54 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A half cup of tuna and a half cup of cottage cheese with a tomato, and salt and pepper of course.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i prefer it with pepper on top.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I usually make a cottage cheese salad out of it: chives, tomatoes, avocado & onion.
    Or I mix it with something sweet like pineapple. You could also put like broccoli in it or something? it tastes good with salt and pepper. Maybe add some meat in it (:
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    with salads, adds a great texture... or generally with crackers (cruskits, rye crackers) ... with tuna, tomato, avocado, red onion etc..
    u can add it to soups, steak & chicken,

its something i need to be in the mood for, but thats rather often these days !
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    I use it as my salad dressing
  • evamiller
    evamiller Posts: 1
    Options
    You can make eggplant lasagna and put low fat cottage cheese. If you don't like eggplant use cooked spinach. Try to buy the Dreamfield pasta, it has 65% lower glycemic index and its an excellent source of fiber. the more fiber less carbs.
  • tealbubbles
    tealbubbles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 1/2 c cottage cheese and 1/2 c yogurt (greek vanilla is my favourite). Sometimes I eat it just like that, other times I add any of the following or in combo: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, bananas. Sometimes I've added ground flax seed too to add fibre and give it a bit of a nutty flavour. I find it quick and easy, and sticks with me for a long time! If you choose a low-cal enough yogurt, and depending what kind and how much fruit you add, it is easily a filling and under 300 calorie breakfast (I quite often will eat it for other meals too for a lighter day)

To the poster that mentioned the French dressing! I forgot about that!! I discovered that years ago at a salad bar... accidentally got some Western French dressing on my cottage cheese.... and LOVED it!! I may have to try that again!!! :)