What did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Ahh I thought kefir was cheese, I was thinking it was more like the stuff I made by boiling whole milk with balsamic vinegar. Very mild. Carbonated water and yogurt...interesting!

Nope, never had ayran either. How is that stuff made? Looks pretty interesting. I've had mango yogurt drinks in indian restaurants, are they similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir <--- This ;)

Ayran is very simple actually. You slowly add water to yogurt while mixing it continuously until you make the yogurt smooth enough to drink it easily. Mostly some salt is also added as initially it was a drink made by their wives for farmers working under the sun. You can also add herbs like mint to the mixture as well if you like them.

I wasn't allowed to drink coke until I was 12 so it was my staple drink when I was a kid along with fresh juice :drinker:
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee, 8 ounces, with creamer and splenda
    Oatmeal, plain with vanilla almond milk
    Iced coffee with cream and sugar, Dunkin Donuts medium
    Whole wheat wrap with turkey, broccoli slaw, provolone, and mayo
    Cheez its, one serving
    Coffee, 8 ounces, with creamer and sugar
    Frozen chicken nuggets
    Oven baked steak fries
    Broccoli, one cup

I dont keep track of my water, but I had a couple pints of vanilla flavored seltzer in addition to my regular plain water.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I just started dieting about 3 weeks ago. I am not bored with salad yet obviously:

half blueberry bagel, plain
    hard boiled egg

salad and pretzels for lunch

salad and chicken tortilla soup for dinner

freezer ice pops.
  • robbieheslop
    robbieheslop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Nothing ...

Lunch - Super Noodles (I know ... naughty me)

Dinner - Chicken, Veg, Yorkshire puddings w/ gravy

Snacks -
    1 macchiato cold
    2 skinny macchiato (sachet)
    1 coffee instant with semi-skimmed milk and 1 sugar
    1 apple
    1 packet of apple slices

Water = 1/2 a glass
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Water = 1/2 a glass

O.o Drink more!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    5-Hour Energy - Extra Strength, 2 oz
    Monster - Original Energy Drink, 480 ml0
    Millville (Aldi) - Chewy Granola Bars - Chocolate Chip, 1 bar
    Fresh Fruit - Banana , 7 " - 8"

Lunch
    Wendy's - Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich (Chicken and Bun Only), 1 sandwich
    Del Monte - Cut Green Beans Canned, 1 cup

Dinner
    Homemade - Raw Veggies, 2 CUP
    Fit & Active(M) - Light Ranch Dressing, 3.5 Tbsp.
    Cheetos - Cheetos Crunchy, 1 ounce
    Wonder Bread - Classic White, 1 slice
    Great Value - Creamy Peanut Butter , 0.5 Tbsp
    Sandwich - Jelly Concord Grape , 0.5 Tbsp (20g)
    Clancy's (Aldi) - Pretzel Sticks-Corrected Niki, 6 pieces
    Doritos Nacho Cheese - Doritos Chips, 3 chips

Snacks
    Sunshine - Cheez-Its White Cheddar, 18.75 crackers
    Generic - Cherry Coke Zero, 12 fl oz
    Coke - 90 Calories, 5.63 oz
    Mama Cozzi's(Aldi) - Garlic Bread, 1 slice

Totals 1,653
    exercise calories for the day: 262

not the best of days! lol, but at least within my calories!!
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    Breakfast- Green Goddess smoothie- contains- raw spinach purified, cucumbers, cantaloupe, pineapple, plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and fresh mint. (next time I will use mint extract- The fresh mint did a number on me!)
    No lunch- worked out like a crazy woman and did my weight routine

Early dinner- 2 cups of dream fields angel hair pasta and a couple homemade meatballs with plain sauce. cucumbers

snack- tcby ice cream sandwicha and a handfull of tootsie rolls! I needed some junk! But tomorrow I will probaly keep my sugar count low!
  • lshaunessy
    lshaunessy Posts: 64
    Options
    Breakfast - English muffin with low fat, low sodium margarine
    Lunch - Chicken Cordon Blue and 1/2 scoop of mash potatoes
    Dinner - 1 egg roll and 1 cup of fried rice
  • avigneault
    Options
    Fun topic!
    Breakfast today was 3 cups of black coffee and a slice of quiche (store-brand crust filled with 6 eggs, 3/4 cup 1/2 & 1/2, diced zucchini, mushroom & spinach, and topped with red chili flakes)

Lunch - wicked late lunch so starving. Had a small portion of whole wheat pasta topped with lots of fresh veggies

Dinner - A corona light (I was low on my calories and decided to treat myself!)
    Made 3 ounces of salmon and a veggie stir fry tossed with ginger and allspice but could only eat half of the salmon and
    the veggies! I felt so hungry after zumba and then so Not hungry when I started eating.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Protein shake for breaky
    Hummus and crackers / 2x mandarins for snacks
    Burgen soy lin seed cheese toasted sandwich for lunch
    Sugar Free redbull
    Dinner will be steak/salad mmmMMMmmm
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Eggs with steak&veg for breakfast

Lunch was kraft smart mac& cheese

Dinner was homemade sweet& sour chicken with pineapple fried rice

And i shared skittles and an ice cream sandwich with my kids.

Not the healthiest day, but not horrible either.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Breakfast

Berry yoghurt with, apple and granola.

Snack

Celery, carrots, almonds and cashews

Lunch - will probably be

Tuna salad with baby spinach, carrot, celery, avocado, feta, tomato and pepitas

Dinner - will be

Steak and veggies
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ooh I love being nosey at other people's diaries!

Breakfast = Homemade fruit salad with fat free natural yogurt and a glass of fruit juice.
    Lunch = Homemade carrot couscous with salad.
    Dinner = Homemade veggie ham and pea tagliatelle.
    Snacks = Grapes, poached egg on wholemeal toast and a chocolate bar.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Skipped.
    Lunch: Ham, Egg and chips at a Cafe.
    Dinner: None (Was watching boxing at an Olympic venue).
    Snacks: Had a turkey ham sandwich on white bread with margarine when I got home. Also had 2 fruit bars in bed, while I was watching prison break.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 egg with around 3 tbsp of liquid egg whites with a cauliflower-crust pizza (cauliflower, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, beans, spinach, ground turkey, fat free mozzarella, hot sauce)

Lunch: puff pastry dough with shredded chicken breast, cottage cheese, cream cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. (I laid the dough on the pan so it acted as somewhat of a crust... I like making pizza-ish things)

Dinner: my mom's broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole, 2 baked chicken wings, and some roasted vegetables.

Snacks/drinks: homemade cheesecake brownies (lots of calories, but sooooo worth it), unsweetened almond milk, and just a teeny bit of orange juice to take with my aloe vera juice.

**I've stopped logging for the summer to maintain my weight without the aid of MFP to make this a sustainable lifestyle rather than a diet. It's working! Portion control is the key! :)

Edit: I also had a grande iced green tea with 2 pumps classic (half sweet) and 1 pump raspberry from Starbucks
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    1 Pear.
    1 Gala Apple.
    4 Apricots.
    250g Cottage Cheese/Pineapple.

1 Banana.
    65g Tomato/Herb Roasted Chickpeas.
    1 Protein Flapjack.

Smoked Salmon + Cream Cheese Bagel (Starbucks).
    Bag Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups. (oops).

2 Hard Boiled Eggs (1 Duck, 1 Chicken).
    25g Halloumi Cheese.
    160g Broccoli, Carrots, Baby Corn Cobs, Fine Beans.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    As soon as I got out of bed, a glass of orange-strawberry-banana juice.

On my way to work, a peach Greek yogurt and a decaf coffee with sugar free French vanilla creamer and whipped cream.

Snacks throughout day: grapes and strawberries, reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, honey roasted peanuts, Atkins caramel nut bar

Dinner: romaine lettuce with croutons, bacon bits and light ranch dressing, 3oz chicken with bourbon BBQ sauce, veggie skewers with mushrooms, grape tomatoes and green peppers

Late night snack: Drumstick
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Jezebel_Barbi What's carrot couscous, could I have the recipe?
    rahrahrita I need to try to make the cauliflower pizza sometime. I'm not a big pizza fan, what does it taste like? Do you like it better then pizza? What's puff pastry? Can I have the yogurt cheesecake recipe?
    graelwyn Did you know they have a reeses bar now?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Jezebel_Barbi What's carrot couscous, could I have the recipe?
    rahrahrita I need to try to make the cauliflower pizza sometime. I'm not a big pizza fan, what does it taste like? Do you like it better then pizza? What's puff pastry? Can I have the yogurt cheesecake recipe?
    graelwyn Did you know they have a reeses bar now?

Yup, I actually live in the Uk but there are two shops here stocking USA candy, and 1 that sells all sorts of other USA foods. I find most USA chocolate, the regular kinds anyway, too sickly for me, but I unfortunately really like the peanut butter cups, lol. I shall get round to trying the bar. I also first discovered jelly belly beans when on vacation in the USA and they charge a fortune for those here.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Today I kinda forgot to eat so I didn't eat much (1,573 cals).

BK: plain greek yoghurt, blueberries, dried sprouted whole grain with almonds
    Lunch: Chicken soup with barley, lentils, carrot, onion, turnip with a glass of milk
    Supper: Whole grain crackers topped with goat cheese and red pepper spread from galloping cows (really tasty), pepsi
    Snack: mixed protein powder, greek yogurt, semi sweet chocolate chips, and steal cut oats together and froze it...added to much protein powder...well experiment with this later.