Ok folks...

Options

Replies

• JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I bring my dog on runs with me through the sand trails by my house. There are some big friggin' hills back there and it's hard to run in sand, too! My dog keeps me moving since she's got endless amounts of energy. I totally count that as exercise.

Cleaning? Depends on what I'm doing. If it's hardcore effort and I'm sweating, damn right I'm logging the *kitten* out of that.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey, let's make another post about it, maybe THIS will be the time that people will let some strangers on the internet tell them what to do. It'll be revolutionary.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hey, let's make another post about it, maybe THIS will be the time that people will let some strangers on the internet tell them what to do. It'll be revolutionary.

I was going to let JupiterJune tell me what to do. Honest.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My sweet neighbor who directed me to this site has been a member for quite some time. She is in her 70's and certainly isn't able to run long distances or do weight training, so when she logs in "raking the lawn" for an hour is she wrong? I am unable to go to a gym because there isn't one within 2 hours of where I live but I log my 45 min walk every day. I think you are generalizing too much, there are so many different types of people with different situations on this site.

Agreed. I lost 36 lbs logging - in addition to my actual "workouts" - my weekly house cleaning and my dog walking. My god, maybe those of you who think dog walking is not exercise have never walked a couple of boxers! Walking WITH my dogs is way more exercise than without them! They do NOT let me slack. LOL BUT, also, my activity level is set to sedentary.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Agreed. I lost 36 lbs logging - in addition to my actual "workouts" - my weekly house cleaning and my dog walking. My god, maybe those of you who think dog walking is not exercise have never walked a couple of boxers! Walking WITH my dogs is way more exercise than without them! They do NOT let me slack. LOL BUT, also, my activity level is set to sedentary.

Hah, I totally agree! My pitbull does not let me slack either. She's a ball of energy and demands to run. :P SHE pulls ME along and keeps me going.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cleaning for the most part - these are just normal parts of our day and we do these regardless of whether we're dieting or not. I totally disagree with walking the dog comment - last night I took my very active German Shepard on a 5.2 mile walk - we walked briskly and even jogged sporadically for over 1 1/2 hours. Perhaps if you are really fit, this wouldn't be exercise, but for me it most certainly was.
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Based on alot of the forum topics i see one might assume that people on here don't know where the delete friend button is. We all accept or send friend requests of our own free will! THUS if you are so DISTURBED...IRRITATED.... ANNOYED by what others do or don't do on THIER profile why don't you just DELETE them. Here's some examples:

Eats less then 1200 calories... DELETE

Eats a zillion calories while crying about why they can't lose weight... DELETE

Logs in cleaning because they ran up and down the stairs 26 times.... DELETE

Doesn't eat back their calories burned..... DELETE

Doesn't do whatever workout method YOU do...DELETE

Closed food diary....DELETE

No pics.....DELETE

Too many pics showing more then what you want to see.....DELETE

Posts to often on their profile....DELETE

Posts nothing on their profile.....DELETE

Drinks too much water...not enough water...eats too many carbs...not enough carbs....too much fat...not enough fat....eats whatever they want....eats only clean......ETC..... DELETE

Add whatever isn't listed here then...DELETE

It's as simple as that. Then you won't be bothered so much by what others do because you will have eliminated anyone who doesn't think or act just like you. WHEW...won't you be relieved. At least untill you come on the forums and see those same people talking about those same things. BUT you still have the option to DELETE... your account!! Lmao...:drinker:

Seriously as someone already mentioned on here MFP is supposed to be a place of support. If you can't support what a friend does or doesn't do then remove them and let others fill that role. The constant criticism of some and the holier than thou attitude of others is just silly. It's time for people to stop questioning trivial things and start focusing on their own lifestyle. I'm willing to bet that everyone on here has something that someone would find lacking in their attempt to get healthy. No one on here is perfect...Sorry!!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow another thread about this crap......

Listen, you can log whatever, but keep this in mind when you are logging it...

Before deciding to lose weight and stop being fat, did you not clean your house??? If not, get a spot on Hoarders Buried Alive, becuase that got to be what your house looks like. Did you not ever walk your Dog? Again, Don't invite me over, Because, Damn its gotta smell from all the poop in it.

Same goes for Sex, Cleaning the House, and my all time favorite.... Singing Praise at Church!

If you did all these things on a regular basis and got Fat, what makes you think logging it will help you lose now???
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've got to go walk my dog so I can log some exercise....geez, people! Quit being so judgemental. Walking my dogs IS exercise and if I am moving around all my furniture and cleaning the floor by hand SWEATING like a pig I am gonna log it. Doing the dishes and moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, not so much.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow another thread about this crap......

Listen, you can log whatever, but keep this in mind when you are logging it...

Before deciding to lose weight and stop being fat, did you not clean your house??? If not, get a spot on Hoarders Buried Alive, becuase that got to be what your house looks like.

It's amazing how not dirty your house gets when you eat fast food daily and don't move from the computer when you're home. It's also amazing how not dirty your house gets when you're working three non-physical jobs.
    What's really amazing is that you can make this mass generalizations about how people on here gained weight and not have half an iota of an idea of what you're talking about. Just incredible.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    Obviously if you got fat while burning calories then burning calories has nothing to do with losing fat right? Right?
  • subtlewhisper
    subtlewhisper Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Based on alot of the forum topics i see one might assume that people on here don't know where the delete friend button is. We all accept or send friend requests of our own free will! THUS if you are so DISTURBED...IRRITATED.... ANNOYED by what others do or don't do on THIER profile why don't you just DELETE them. Here's some examples:

No pics.....DELETE

Drinks too much water...not enough water...eats too many carbs...not enough carbs....too much fat...not enough fat....eats whatever they want....eats only clean......ETC..... DELETE

It's as simple as that. Then you won't be bothered so much by what others do because you will have eliminated anyone who doesn't think or act just like you. WHEW...won't you be relieved. At least untill you come on the forums and see those same people talking about those same things. BUT you still have the option to DELETE... your account!! Lmao...:drinker:

Seriously as someone already mentioned on here MFP is supposed to be a place of support. If you can't support what a friend does or doesn't do then remove them and let others fill that role. The constant criticism of some and the holier than thou attitude of others is just silly. It's time for people to stop questioning trivial things and start focusing on their own lifestyle. I'm willing to bet that everyone on here has something that someone would find lacking in their attempt to get healthy. No one on here is perfect...Sorry!!

It bore repeating.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Obviously if you got fat while burning calories then burning calories has nothing to do with losing fat right? Right?
    :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No pics.....DELETE

Word!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    if it's your norm generally it is not going to help you burn anything.

Wrong! If its your norm and does not effect your burn why are there different activity settings that account for your non-exercise energy expenditure?
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    Aside from a poster who walks 5 miles with a dog, that's a good workout I'd say, honestly how many of you really do that? For all of you who otherwise got offended, I just want you to know that I have no stake in your own well being, I'm pointing out the stuff people do wrong in an effort to help others out. There's nothing wrong to walk a dog for a half an hour and call it a 100 - 200 calorie burn, but my point is to not "overestimate" the burn, because I have noticed that some people get depressed over a slow progress they're having, but then when I look at their diary I see greatly overestimated calorie expenditure which they end up eating back. At the end of the day, you can do whatever the heck you wanna do, it is your choice, hate me all you want, I spoketh the truth. :)
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    someone just had a " Images & gifs for troll thread" topic on the forums here... been waiting for an opportunity to use one of them.

tumblr_m653cp8iuq1r5uu6qo1_250.gif
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I talked to my husband online on vid-chat. We were rambling about beer and found a brewer that created the highest abv beer ever and sold it for anywhere between 600 and 900 dollars a bottle and they were encased in taxidermede squirrels. With top hats. Seriously.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    Tonight, I talked to my husband online on vid-chat. We were rambling about beer and found a brewer that created the highest abv beer ever and sold it for anywhere between 600 and 900 dollars a bottle and they were encased in taxidermede squirrels. With top hats. Seriously.

Looks like the chick in your avi pic is a few grand into it to let a guy in a purple cat suit get that intimate. I mean an orange cat suit would be one thing, but purple?
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    someone just had a " Images & gifs for troll thread" topic on the forums here... been waiting for an opportunity to use one of them.

tumblr_m653cp8iuq1r5uu6qo1_250.gif

Needs bare minimum one more pelvic thrust at the end, maybe two, to fit the general rhythm