What is your goal for August?

Options

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Lose 6 to 7lbs. Continue increasing my walking distance or shorten the time. Incorporate Tae Bo a couple times a week.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. I really want to be disciplined with my eating, which means I have to be more organised. Always leaving things until the last minute means I eat on the run a lot.

2. Determined to use the gym 3 x per week, with a bonus 2 x 4 days in a row when my husband is home, plus daily cardio regardless of what's going on.

3. I am doing a 5km fun run to raise funds for my 2 year old daughter's Palliative Care support group on the 26th of August, and starting Michelle Bridges 12BT on the 27th, and want to be in good habits for that. Anyone that wants to can check out our story and maybe help raise funds - the link is http://www.everydayhero.com.au/wilmarie_craig. Absolutely no need to donate - it is just nice to know about each other, and if our story can help encourage others in the same situation and get awareness out there, then that is fantastic. If you are local to the Sunshine Coast, Australia, and reading this, then maybe you should make the run part of your August goal and come and join me!!

4. Also, I have struggled to get back into the 60kg bracket since March, and would love to drop below 70kg this month. It has been such a barrier (mentally, I think, as well as physically), that it would be great to have that behind me.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Drop a pant size and lose some more inches especially around my hips and thighs!
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. Go from 20 to at least 30 proper push-ups per set.
    2. Eat breakfast everyday. Or drink it.
    3. Eat more veggies. I am terrible about this and this is my "start incorporating veggies in every meal" month.
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My Goals for August
    get my mind back on track I was doing good earlier this year but slacked off in April and haven't picked it back up yet.
    lose 7 pounds
    exercise 4+ days a week: monday, wednesday, tuesday, & friday.
    exercise will include walking around my office building, up n down the stairs at work 10 times a day, standing at work, Wii workout at home, try zumba xbox game.
    keep drinking 2-3 litres of water a day Including Weekends!!
    watch sodium intake
    cut back red meat intake
    make more healthy home cooked meals.

Hopefully writing these out will help to keep me accountable.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    to continue my P90X workout...my workout partner(younger brother) will be going back to college and that is 4 hours away
  • Hahh
    Hahh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I aim to increase my vertical jump by atleast 5cm (standing jump) in 3 weeks. As well as that, adding more power (to my legs/core/arms) to control my hits (as I play volleyball)

With the added height to my vertical and the strength gained in my legs, core and arms, here's hoping for a good result :)
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Stay in the zone until September! August isn't a great month for me to move forward, I will go to the gym when I can in between various camping trips! When camping I will try to stay as active as possible and not over induldge! Already working on the September Shake-up Plan!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 5lbs and an inch off of my waist. :)
  • Irish_eyes75
    Irish_eyes75 Posts: 475
    Options
    -Drink more water
    -Exercise at least 3 times a week
    -Be able to wear my wedding band
  • CynthiaMayela
    Options
    P90X or Brazil Butt Lift in the morning and
    Insanity in the afternoon + weight lifting
    5 days a week- 2 days resting :bigsmile:
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I will drop at least 10 lbs this month.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hmm, haven't really given it much thought...Maybe get under 200# by my 31st birthday on the 17th. Only 7lbs to go! :happy:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    To get back on track... with food and exercise... and lose 3-5 lbs.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    -Continue C25k
    -Add 40 sit-ups/ 30 push-ups/ 40 squats a day
    -Lose at least 5 pounds
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My small goals for August is to clean up my eating habits; actual measuring/weighing portions and losing 5 lbs.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    lose 7 pounds and strength train like crazy!!!!! tone tone tone!!!:tongue:
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Decrease my bf% by 4% which will hopefully get me to another goal of being back in size 2.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Work out 3 time a week, walk every day at least 30 minutes, and lose 8 lbs.
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds by Labor day. It is a bit aggresive, but its a goal to shoot for.