Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i was embarassed when i found out about toddlers and tiaras
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised TLC took up such a concept. Then again they have shows like the Virgin Diaries and Strange Sex.

I can't see this show staying on the air that long, but I said the same thing about Survivor when it first started running when I was a kid. It's not entertainment, it's publicly humiliating this child and she's going to have to deal with the consequences of possibly peers at school calling her names and other things as she ages. Course that's assuming she'll grow up and gain common sense.

Her mother reminds me of a woman I once knew and her offspring all are following her stupid ways.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    i was embarassed when i found out about toddlers and tiaras

That show's my weekly rant. I watch it just to yell at everything. Then again I'm an angry person, I don't tolerate a lot from children, and stupid people make me wish there wasn't such a thing as an assault charge.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    It's been a sad day for eons. Once health care becomes a "not for profit" system, then we'll be back on the right track.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Is she the one whose mother feeds her a mixture of Mountain Dew, Red Bull and sugar- called something like go-go-juice to get her amped up?

YUP :frown:

Well, good. Cracked out toddlers dressed as prostitutes fit nicely in TLC's programming lineup of Strange Sex, Virgin Diaries, American Gypsies, Hoarders, and crazy obsessions. I remember when TLC just did makeovers and home shows! **smh**

As a sidenote- Virgin Diaries is Fascinating, horrifying, embarassing, and hilarious all at the same time.

You will never find anything more disturbing than what happens at the 19 second mark ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms&feature=relmfu
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    As someone who has worked in television production (my husband still does, right across from Discovery's headquarters), we are totally on board with you about this one. It's insane and wrong in so many ways. The worst part is that so many will watch it because as "train wrecks" it's so hard NOT to look. I hope they can some how find a positive twist to have another spin off for this family to get them all some help - both mental and physical help.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    TLC has really become a joke over the years, there are only a couple shows left I will watch...

All that nonsense with kid beauty queens, my secret addiction, virgin diaries... like give it a rest already!
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet that the show crashes and burns with a quickness. She's an annoying little brat with no manners. I wouldn't let any kids watch it either, for just that reason. Could you imagine living with that, day in and day out? I blame the parents more than her, it's the horrible way she was raised.
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am glad you didn't mention my Uncle Troy on swamp people lol

His name is Troy Landry...
    he's kinda famous 'round here!

omg, I freakin' LOVE Troy! ;) my husband and I are always trying to talk like him
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    As you may or may not already know, TLC is going to air a show called "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" about that annoying obnoxious 4 year old "beauty queen" The show will not only feature her, but her entire dysfunctional inbred looking family as well. As an american I am embarrassed for this show to come out. I thought Operation Repo and Lizzard Lick Towing were bad enough, but this one really pushes me over the edge. I'm really starting to see why people hate us soo much.

I feel your pain as far as the overall moral quality of much of TV land is complete trash. However, in regards to your last point, I frankly am absolutely over being hated by others. Whether they're going to hate us for our TV, capitalism, our freedoms, our right to own fire arms, whatever. People are always going to "hate" over something. Maybe some of it is legitimate, much IMHO is not, but someone, somewhere is always going to hate over something and I for one couldn't give a gnat's fart about being hated, whether it's by other countries or our own citizens. Be a woman or gay and go live in any random middle eastern country for awhile. Then come tell me how horrible America is. We absolutely have our share of problems and I'm not saying we don't but haters are gonna hate. So if you're gonna hate......"hate" hate.
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    TLC has really become a joke over the years,

Totally agree, TLC used to stand for "The Learning Channel." Now it should be DDC (the Dumbing Down Channel).
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Simple solution so it never happens- pay the bills.

That's why I saved the money over the course of a year and bought my car cash...I don't like owing people money :wink:. I mean that I've seen the show and the way they toy with people's emotions/taunt them seems like they're asking for a good asskicking.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I saw the preview for it and I couldn't believe that a show was being made about them. Makes me sad too. We've stooped so low towards reality tv. I admit to watching DWTS and even an occasional Survivor but thats about it. I don't watch anything that makes me feel children are being exploited and that includes Dance Moms or whatever it's called. But hey - that's only my opinion. Apparently TLC or whatever channel this will air on disagrees.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    And this is why I no longer have cable...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I am glad you didn't mention my Uncle Troy on swamp people lol

His name is Troy Landry...
    he's kinda famous 'round here!

omg, I freakin' LOVE Troy! ;) my husband and I are always trying to talk like him

its not that hard...well i guess its easier when you grow up with that kinda accent.
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    Two words - Kim Kardashian

She's famous for a couple other reasons then reality tv. Helps her dad was once considered the top athlete in the world.

Then it doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot.

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg

Wasn't her dad OJ's lawyer?

Yes. He thinks her father is Bruce Jenner. Duh!

their father was Robert Kardashian, the famous lawyer for OJ simpson. Bruce Jenner is their stepfather

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up lol
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    You will never find anything more disturbing than what happens at the 19 second mark ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms&feature=relmfu
    [/quote]

O.M.G. It is going to take those two years to get the mechanics figured out. Holy crap that was the worst kiss I have ever seen.....ever.
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    It's ok, over here we have My Big Fat Gypsie Wedding so don't feel like the US is all alone with the **** reality TV :p
    We have that also in the US..
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Shows like this are why God created remote controls. You can be the problem with the world and watch it or be the cure and be part of the solution of having it go off the air because nobody watches it.

it will never go off the air because there are too many stupid people who keep the rating off the charts. jersey shore proved that a few smart people cant effect anything.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Shows like this are why God created remote controls. You can be the problem with the world and watch it or be the cure and be part of the solution of having it go off the air because nobody watches it.

it will never go off the air because there are too many stupid people who keep the rating off the charts. jersey shore proved that a few smart people cant effect anything.

I LOL'd

:wink: