What's your opinion on Lean Cuisines?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really think these are a personal choice (like most everything when it comes to losing weight). I do eat them - not everyday, but I do. I keep them in my freezer for the nights I don't feel like cooking, have to work late or am simply busy, busy, busy. I don't see them as anything bad - yes, they have preservatives in them and higher sodium, but there are worst things out there to eat in my opinion. And if they help someone master portions or help keep someone on track - they are worth it.

^^^^^^THIS, but I myself don't eat them b/c I don't like the taste or textures of them or most frozen foods
    THIS!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    They have way too many roasted red peppers in them.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I had to live by myself in a small apartment away from my husband for my work, and worked 60 - 80 hours week, these were my best friend. Had them almost every night for dinner (along with other diet frozen entrees such as Healthy Choice, Amy's etc.). I would usually pile more vegetables on top of whatever I was eating. You have to look at each one individually, yes some are high in sodium, etc. Just read the labels, you will find appropriate nutrition levels for whatever you need to watch.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I prefer smart ones. But as a graduate student who goes to school full time with a full time job during school and two full time jobs in the summer... I would die without frozen food

Eat clean blah blah blah sodium is death blah blah as long as I stay within my limits who cares. My favorite frozen meals are Amy's or Smart Ones I do go for low sodium when I can but as long as you trying to lomit yourself to 2500 a day you can eat whatever you want. Not all of us have the time to cook clean meals. Not when you're working 16 hours a day.

People who actually have the time to prepare their own meals are lucky but many of us can't do that.
    LOVE THIS!!!!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    sodium, blah blah.

my problem w them is the quality and the price. I feel like you are getting so little for what you are paying for. On top of that, it all tastes kind of bland. They all need additional seasoning after heating. ALL!!

I personally prefer to make and freeze my own food/frozen dinners. It isn't that hard either. You just make a big meal and freeze at least one portion for a future meal.
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to eat three of them