CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• kkbeatrice
    Options
    I'm in! I have cut back a lot in the past 3 weeks and have definitely noticed a difference! We can all do one month no problems!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Well I made it past Friday. Hubby had 3 drinks I had ZERO!! I am proud of myself. I got up this morning and took a Zumba and Spin Class!!!

Total days NO Drinks

Lana - 3

Yay, Lana!

I knew you could do it.

I forgot to post last night....

CMR = 4
    Alcohol = zippo yesssmileyf.gif

I have to admit, yesterday was tough. It's more the habit of it. It was a super hot day (well, for us) and my little trick of going to an air conditioned bar for a cold one wasn't an option. I fought that thought all. day .long.

Today is my mother's birthday. She died in 1999, but I know she would be proud of me.

....and, I'm down four pounds. But maybe it's because I make lots better food choices when I'm not sitting at Red Robin.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I found out I can fool myself with plain soda on the rocks and a lime squeeze. If I'm feeling really adventurous, a shot of orange juice in there. Since I never drink juice, it's a little naughty:tongue:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Well I made it past Friday. Hubby had 3 drinks I had ZERO!! I am proud of myself. I got up this morning and took a Zumba and Spin Class!!!

Total days NO Drinks

Lana - 3

Yay, Lana!

I knew you could do it.

CMR = 4

I have to admit, yesterday was tough. It's more the habit of it. It was a super hot day (well, for us) and my little trick of going to an air conditioned bar for a cold one wasn't an option. I fought that thought all. day .long.

Today is my mother's birthday. She died in 1999, but I know she would be proud of me.

....and, I'm down four pounds. But maybe it's because I make lots better food choices when I'm not sitting at Red Robin.

WTG!!!!!! YOU GO!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (Ok bad choice of Smiley!!!) LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM!!:flowerforyou:

I know she would have been extremely proud of you!

Ok I did break down yesterday and had ONE glass of red wine!! The only reason i had one was because i had to work on a project yesterday that went bad!!! I fixed it but because it was an important project my hands were literally shaking from nervousness!! But it got resolved and I brokedown and had one glass!

But I am very proud I only had ONE!!!
  • iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd already made this sort of challenge for myself (with staff development and a conference coming up, I know I'll be tempted!) so I was glad to find this challenge on here to keep myself accountable. Used to have a glass of wine or a fruity drink at least every other day with my roommate!

I'm loving the ideas people have so far about how to "trick" your mind with soda, etc. :)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm in. A little late, but I haven't had alcohol yet this month anyway.
  • KayLLena
    Options
    I'm in! I don't need the negative influences or the empty calories anyways :)
  • cmriverside
    Options

Total days NO Drinks

Lana - 3

Yay, Lana!

I knew you could do it.

CMR = 4

WTG!!!!!! YOU GO!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (Ok bad choice of Smiley!!!) LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM!!:flowerforyou:

I know she would have been extremely proud of you!

Ok I did break down yesterday and had ONE glass of red wine!! The only reason i had one was because i had to work on a project yesterday that went bad!!! I fixed it but because it was an important project my hands were literally shaking from nervousness!! But it got resolved and I brokedown and had one glass!

But I am very proud I only had ONE!!!

Thank you.

You're right, one glass is better than one bottle.

When this challenge first came to my attention, it was July 30th. I had four ounces of rum, and a 20 oz IPA the day before: so call that what you like. I was really worried about alcohol withdrawal. SRSLY. So I Googled what to do.

On the 31st I got a little shaky at about 3PM...and had one ounce of rum. That unjangled my nervous system right away. I figured I might have to do that on the 1st as well - I really was drinking wayyyy too much - every day. Not just weekends. I'm not working and it's summer, and I already gave up sugar, so what's left? But on the first I was fine. I changed my diet completely around to get more carbs than I had been having. Apparently it takes a *while* for the effects to completely go away. So I was really happy my miraculous body was once again up for the challenge!
  • momof3kiddos34
    Options
    I'm in. My friends IRL and I are doing this before our girls beach trip. So I might as well join you here!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Road trip yesterday.... 2 shot August?? :)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! Good luck!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Im in! It's wasted calories anyhow and I am not seeing a loss AT ALL while drinking. Guess I will find out soon enough if the booze is the culprit!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's not gonna happen for me...
    My birthday is in August. School starts in August.
    That means plenty of spiked lemonade, 4Loko, cheap beerpong beer, and whatever else my underaged friends and I can get.

I only party once or twice a month anyway so its not that big of a deal for me lol
    Maybe I'll do a "No Alcohol September" :D
  • cmriverside
    Options

Day 5. :smile:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Survived the first weekend!
    My cheeseburger Saturday night was crying out for a good beer, but we managed just fine with sparkling water.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Sadly, this has been harder for me than I imagined. I'm a drink with dinner/after work type girl and I thought I'd be fine but wow its hard! I just keep thinking this weekend whenever I was craving wine or a beer, "If I don't have enough willpower to do this for a month, I have bigger problems to deal with..." :ohwell:
    5 days and counting!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I did it all of june and most of july (except one day), and so far august as well 8apart from this saturday)

not too hard and honestly hasnt had too much of an effect on my weightloss.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    6 days, 2 shots on a road trip... doing pretty good!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I'm not necessarily going to get through the whole of august, but I'm aiming for 26th when we go on holiday. I've done a month this year, but now my hangovers are still vile that I'm erring more to long term teetotal. Most friends are supportive, except one who is going to get a high with in the face with a chair if she makes one more comment!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Aug 6th

Days no Alcohol!!

Lana - 5