CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I’ll try to go alcohol free for another month. So far, it’s been 26 years, 10 months and 25 days without, but who’s counting?
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm another half-in. I have three events this month that I know I won't avoid it, but I'll do my best to avoid it on the other 27 days!

(says the girl whose profile pic was taken in a beer truck....) UGH
  • AvinashGupta
    Options
    Per my Nutritionist two glasses of red wine a day are considered good for health, of course you have to take into account about 230 calories and carbs. But good luck to all who are trying to stop.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I’ll try to go alcohol free for another month. So far, it’s been 26 years, 10 months and 25 days without, but who’s counting?

Wow! Congratulations on your long sobriety.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good to check in to put on blast what we avoided when it comes up. Like, "Only sober at karaoke. I sang anyways cause they were all too drunk to notice I suck." WIN :)

Ha! This is a great idea, HartJames.
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think im going to try.. I know it would help me out alot. So I think I'm going to try....

********************Running to the store to grab a bottle of wine before Aug 1st. :smile:
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying a large glass of red wine right now, my last for 31 days. I will miss you, dear friend. Until my birthday September 2 :)
  • deirdre60302
    deirdre60302 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide ... second gin gimlet or stop now ... spinning class at 6am. oy.: laugh:
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    No Alcohol August starts today!
  • vinneeminnee123
    Options
    so hard, but i am in!
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Well, went out for lunch and it was apple juice, meeting a friend out tonight and its lime and soda :-)
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    As depressing and sad as this is, challenge accepted!!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just did this challenge in May! I try to not drink for a month every few months to give my body a break.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    With you in spirit--I don't drink all that often anyway, but I have a wedding to go to and there is no way that I can go to that and be sober!!

I am with you ---can't do it --love my red wine :blushing:
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I stopped drinking for lent & lost 15 pounds. Ever since then, & the drinking started back up - I haven't lost a single pound. This is a challenge for sure, but I will committe!
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is great - I'm in.

Been trying to avoid it, but just had a vacation.... that made it a little difficult.

I'm heading to Vegas on Sept. 1st so this is PERFECT TIMING!!!

I'm making mine a no alcohol or soda challenge!
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ChocoGrammy
    Options
    I'll join in. I can do this.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Funny I just saw this, as I decided to have a 'teetotal' August! You know, at the end of the day when MFP says if every day were like today you'd weigh ***lbs in five weeks. Well alcohol has been impairing my progress, so I plan to knuckle down and have a strict 5-weeks. I mean, 5 weeks is not long, right!

I AM IN!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You guys better catch up. I am already on day 32 without any type of alcohol. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: