CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If you don't drink anyway, why not instead of giving something you don't have, give up one of your own vices.

I have looked up my schedule,
    August will be no shot august and in the last two weeks of Sept and 1st 2 weeks of October, I have no drinking obligations!
    That will clear me of 5,000 6,000 calories. Holy mother of god. No wonder my friend who had to stop drinking lost so much weight!
    Adding up 1 nights worth of calories seemed obnoxious, but over the course of a month? That's almost a 2 lb loss!
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    R U CRAZY LOL
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options

Day one in the books for me. CMR 1 ---->> Alcohol 0

:smile:
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No can do. I graduate from college in 15 days, and WILL be getting trashed drunk on that day. HA!
    Ask me in September. ;)
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - CHECK! :happy:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 st

# of Days without drinking
    Lana - 1
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How has that worked for you with weight loss?? I try to juggle them both but drinking isnt helping, especially BEER! lol Have you seen any progress? I am going to do this too just looking to see if u have had any change. thanks
  • aeaton0828
    Options
    I havent had anything with alcohol since I started my strict diet on 6/23/12. It's been super hard, especially when my hubby and friends are drinking on the weekend. But I just keep thinking that it will all be worth it in the end! All I drink is water, green tea, iced tea and maybe a zero calorie red bull every once in awhile!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Started 2 days ago! lol
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been sober for 2 1/2 years now!! Anyone who wants support feel free to friend me!
  • njeriwasilo
    Options
    Count me in !!!!!!!!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    This means I have to make up for all the alcohol you guys aren't going to drink, right!? I wouldn't want it to feel unloved...
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    just saw this, there is no way i could do it, i have already drank alcohol this month! :) And i know i will be again this weekend s it is LONG weekend! :)
  • JoCam127
    JoCam127 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes !! I accept your challenge :)
    I am working too hard right now to let alcohol ruin it for me, last 10 pounds are a b__ch ;)
    Not a big drinker, well I don't drink very often maybe once or twice a week, but it's usually a large enough amount when I do :/
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    How has that worked for you with weight loss?? I try to juggle them both but drinking isnt helping, especially BEER! lol Have you seen any progress? I am going to do this too just looking to see if u have had any change. thanks

My friend had to stop drinking for health reasoning last winter. Feb/Jan 'ish??

Anyway, he's lost at least 40lbs. But I will add, he probably drinks a LOT more than you do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options

Day 2 in the Diary. No boozy calories in there.

CMR = 2
    Alcohol = 0

......I feel better already. I'm not working and it's the one month of summer here, so I was drinking a leetle bit too much there....This couldn't have come at a better time.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Overcame my first mini-challenge today. I play social sports... and for anyone that doesn't know what that means, it means you get drunk and play "sports." Right now I'm in a *kitten* league and we had games tonight. I made it through a few hours and two bars and didn't drink. I even turned down the free chicken wings too... who knew I could do that!!!
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    I totally think I can do this! The last bit of alcohol was at my future sister-in-law's bridal shower last week and it was a small celebratory shot- I hardly drink at all anymore! The Boyfriend tells me that since I work out 5 days a week, that means I can drink more alcohol! He also thinks that means I can go eat In N Out and chili cheese fries whenever, too. Lol!If I can give up diet soda, I can give up some alcohol- at least in the beginning, Ive done it before and it worked well, bet I will have the willpower to do so again.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Aug 2 nd

# of Days without drinking
    Lana - 2
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Best friends wedding...nope, not a good month