CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I stopped for a few months earlier this year but once summer started its been impossible to avoid. Now I gotta get ready for tomorrow night......LOL
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Its not that hard...I am on day 30 without Alcohol for a workout routine that I do. I still have another 2 months go to
  • JeanKari
    JeanKari Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! This comes right on time. After last Saturday's rendezvous with tequila shots and Sunday's ensuing agony, I need to just. say. no. Besides that, I'm beginning to cringe every time I add an alcoholic beverage to my diary. . . all that to say, I'm in.
  • ColochaMocha
    ColochaMocha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im in... also with the sweets! :cry:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    With you in spirit--I don't drink all that often anyway, but I have a wedding to go to and there is no way that I can go to that and be sober!!

That's why I can't commit to this challenge either, lol. Would love to, but what fun is a wedding with a bunch of people that you don't know if you're not drunk? :laugh:
  • fannie23
    fannie23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in!, actually I was thinking about this before, I drink beer, whiskey and rum... not frequently but boy when I drink... last two weeks I finished up a bottle of capitan morgain by myself... so that's a lot of calories... I am going on vacations to Cabo on August 30... so from today till that day... I will say no to alcoholic beverages, LET THE COUNTDOWN START!
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    nope...sorry, can't do it....really don't see the point, but wish you all the best. I'll stick to my 1-3 glasses of wine per night.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i'm in! drs orders, but still, this is just another reason to do it! but for me, it'll be no drinks for the rest of the year.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lol. nope.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this to myself this morning, all the money and calories that I waste on beer and wine, so I'm in! I've got a little bit of open wine left that I can finish off over the next two days and be ready to start clean on Wednesday. When my BF quit drinking last year he lost a lot of weight without really changing the rest of his diet and actually working out less.
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    not to mention i just went 9 months without.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Doing it!

...with the exception of my birthday, of course.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's just crazy talk right there! Like, "No Breathing Wednesdays" or "No *kitten* March"... But seriously, do what you like!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    hmm.. Sturgis Bike Week starts in 6 days.. I dont see that happening for me. I'm planning a full week of debauchery and self abuse.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    ok okkkkk!!! i changed my mind, I AM IN!!!! I think its a great idea to do this and i am........AH CRAP!!!! I FAILED!!!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I will commit in September, but my BDAY is August 16, so I don't see having that without a drink in my hand! LOL
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday... one day at a time... :)
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    This would be easy for me, as I am not into drinking...but if the moment arises for a drink, I will skip it.

I will give up dessert....usually 3 times a week...so that will be one that I will commit to not doing for August!!

Now if I get cranky before the end of August....well....let's just blame it on those dang sweet thangs!!!!:noway:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This could be tough, but good for me I think. Not only do I want to drop a few, but I'm going through a breakup and I DON'T want to crutch on booze.

I'm not going to promise cold turkey, but Ill keep it to a couple of glasses of wine, one day per week. That's an enormous improvement for me!
  • SaraLynn85
    SaraLynn85 Posts: 23
    Options
    I want to say I'm in but it will be tough. I tend to drink wine when I'm stressed and I am about to start a new job. Maybe I can modify it and do nor more then 3 drinks a week? I will use actual drink sizes instead of my full wine glass! And I will track my drinking because honestly I haven't tracked it :grumble: